ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Lincolnton

Actually wasn't trying to make a point just a observation.And another observation I have noticed is looks to me like shelby played their best football earlier in the year a day Lincolnton seems to be playing their best football at the end.
And if Shelby plays their best football Friday, you're beat by 21 plus. No hating, just telling the truth. They have more speed than you, they play sound defense, and if they get it rolling, not much you can do about but try and roll with them. That's not what you do.

Lincolnton is a proud program and most years could give anyone fits. In 2015, "A" game to "A" game..... You're in trouble. They cut their teeth on ACR, Freedom, South Point and Crest...... You can't show them anything they've not already seen. Again, just facts.

Actually wasn't trying to make a point just a observation.And another observation I have noticed is looks to me like shelby played their best football earlier in the year a day Lincolnton seems to be playing their best football at the end.

And if we are just stating the facts how can you say it is a fact they will win by 21 points in a game that hasn't even been played yet

If it's raining Friday night and you hear a loud crack in th night don't be skeared. It's not lightning. It will be Hollifield and Dameron meeting in the hole. Cover your kids eyes.

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
And I am guessing your making this assumption because yall won a hard fought battle at shelby this year ,has it ever occurred to you that mabey just mabey if yall came to Lincolnton and played a game this year you might not have been in the same type dog fight.And yes I am assuming you are a crest fan by the name"crestrulz"

Last edited:
And if Shelby plays their best football Friday, you're beat by 21 plus. No hating, just telling the truth. They have more speed than you, they play sound defense, and if they get it rolling, not much you can do about but try and roll with them. That's not what you do.

Lincolnton is a proud program and most years could give anyone fits. In 2015, "A" game to "A" game..... You're in trouble. They cut their teeth on ACR, Freedom, South Point and Crest...... You can't show them anything they've not already seen. Again, just facts.
It's about time the football experts showed up!

Reactions: LTown Wolves
For your Lincolnton folks who wanted to know gate open time...it will open at 5.30 pm...tickets 8.00

If Lincolnton had their old coach I could see this game being close for at least 3 quarters. He was a master. I have no idea what the wolfpack is now to call anything. Should be a decent game to watch either way, but regardless of the score, I don't think it will be as fun to watch as EL and Monroe.

Nah.....not reaching on this one....The Panthers went into Dallas a 1 point underdog....that's fact...look it up!
I meant if your expecting your Wolves to come down and beat the snot out of Shelby like the Panthers did Dallas then "your reaching".

And I am guessing your making this assumption because yall won a hard fought battle at shelby this year ,has it ever occurred to you that mabey just mabey if yall came to Lincolnton and played a game this year you might not have been in the same type dog fight.And yes I am assuming you are a crest fan by the name"crestrulz"
I am making the assumption based on the fact that they have a team that can play with anyone when they are healthy and in tact. You don't. Please, you want no part of Crest, I'll not even go there. You're wanting greatness to be handed to you by mentioning Lincolnton in the same sentence as the Mighty Crest Chargers, winners of 30 games in a row, The Five Time State Champions,. It's easy to type it, when you know there isn't a chance of it happening. We already play plenty of Lincolnton's in Burke County.

Shelby should beat the piss out of you. They're better, even if they won't type it. I will. They have a great football team this year. Type your schedule then type theirs. It's easy to see.

If Lincolnton had their old coach I could see this game being close for at least 3 quarters. He was a master. I have no idea what the wolfpack is now to call anything. Should be a decent game to watch either way, but regardless of the score, I don't think it will be as fun to watch as EL and Monroe.

I meant if your expecting your Wolves to come down and beat the snot out of Shelby like the Panthers did Dallas then "your reaching".
I would never imply as such....I was referring to the underdog comparison... If we do manage to pull a victory ...I think it will be close

I am making the assumption based on the fact that they have a team that can play with anyone when they are healthy and in tact. You don't. Please, you want no part of Crest, I'll not even go there. You're wanting greatness to be handed to you by mentioning Lincolnton in the same sentence as the Mighty Crest Chargers, winners of 30 games in a row, The Five Time State Champions,. It's easy to type it, when you know there isn't a chance of it happening. We already play plenty of Lincolnton's in Burke County.

Shelby should beat the piss out of you. They're better, even if they won't type it. I will. They have a great football team this year. Type your schedule then type theirs. It's easy to see.
Burke County. OK. Oh for that FG snap to have been bobbled, or for one little thing to have gone wrong and crest fans like you to have had to buy a ticket to this game. Maybe it's a good thing you guys don't mention playing little Monroe.

Wolves avg 40.1 PPG, give up 13.6 PPG
Golden Lions avg 45.6 PPG, give up 18.6 PPG
Virtually identical point spreads

Wolves - 561 pts for vs 190 pts against
Golden Lions - 639 pts for vs 261 pts against

Last 8 weeks Lincolnton has outscored opponents 344-54 – giving up less than 7 PPG over last 8 games, which includes Bandys, Bunker Hill, Newton-Conover, West Caldwell, Maiden, Lexington, Reidsville, and Mtn Heritage

Lincolnton Defense has 4 shutouts this season - Shelby Defense has 2 shutouts this season

This game will come down to the turnover battle, penalties, and execution in the Red Zone

Wolves avg 40.1 PPG, give up 13.6 PPG
Golden Lions avg 45.6 PPG, give up 18.6 PPG
Virtually identical point spreads

Wolves - 561 pts for vs 190 pts against
Golden Lions - 639 pts for vs 261 pts against

Last 8 weeks Lincolnton has outscored opponents 344-54 – giving up less than 7 PPG over last 8 games, which includes Bandys, Bunker Hill, Newton-Conover, West Caldwell, Maiden, Lexington, Reidsville, and Mtn Heritage

Lincolnton Defense has 4 shutouts this season - Shelby Defense has 2 shutouts this season

This game will come down to the turnover battle, penalties, and execution in the Red Zone
Bralpa, can you give a message to the radio crew to update the score a little more often on Friday nights. Some of our seniors in the community say they have a hard time keeping up. Thanks

If Shelby is playing their A game, then it probably is a 7-10 point game. If the Lions come in with anything less than their best, this game tightens up to a 2-5 point game which could go either way. Both Shelby and Crest came out of their match-up beat up, black and blue. Of the two, I think Crest has paid more dearly for that win with injuries, and their eventual success made more difficult after their game with Weddington. However, Shelby has not looked quite the same since either and needs to find a way to get everyone healthy or pull from way down deep to get a decisive victory and still have something left for the big game. I think Shelby has the better team overall but I will pull for whichever team comes out of this game.

10-4 - we try our best to repeat the score as often as possible

As a reminder, those unable to attend the game (or those in the stands that want to listen in), the Shelby and Lincolnton game can be tuned in the following ways Friday night:

* 1390 AM - WOHS
* http://www.ktcbroadcasting.com/wohs-1390am.html

Per NCHSAA rules, we cannot stream live video of the game during the playoffs, but you can still listen online or on the radio and we'll have highlights up after the game on the website.

All this Shelby hype is starting to take on the same feel as 2001... If I'm recalling the right year!?! Nevertheless Danien Forney aka #19 to all you good Shelby folk came to ShellTown and put on a show... Dances With Wolves as Lincolnton pulled off the upset! In which was a great game played by both teams. Who on here can recall the seeds between these teams that year?

We are trying to have an intellectual conversation over here Rulz. Now if you would like to take notes get your green crayon out.

Reactions: sasha_nc
All this Shelby hype is starting to take on the same feel as 2001... If I'm recalling the right year!?! Nevertheless Danien Forney aka #19 to all you good Shelby folk came to ShellTown and put on a show... Dances With Wolves as Lincolnton pulled off the upset! In which was a great game played by both teams. Who on here can recall the seeds between these teams that year?
I was there Lincolnton beat us on a couple trick plays and our coach never went for two that I can remember. Maybe wrong?

I can recall the final score 27-28. I remember you guys ran the conference that year 7-0 and beat us at Lincolnton in the regular season by two TDs! As for the playing calling that night it was all Forney all the time that kid was a work horse, he made one of the most amazing runs to give us the W! But you could be right about the trick plays, it wouldn't surprise me if we did.

Mistake free team wins the game....L-Town likes to turn turnovers into points....Shelby plays solid and mistake free,42-24 Shelby

Hitman just have your butt at game not listening to Radio, then u dont have to eorry bout score. ...lol..ill save u a seat

This rain will give Shelby an advantage. The dfense will have a difficult time reacting to the pass routes.

10-4 - we try our best to repeat the score as often as possible

As a reminder, those unable to attend the game (or those in the stands that want to listen in), the Shelby and Lincolnton game can be tuned in the following ways Friday night:

* 1390 AM - WOHS
* http://www.ktcbroadcasting.com/wohs-1390am.html

Per NCHSAA rules, we cannot stream live video of the game during the playoffs, but you can still listen online or on the radio and we'll have highlights up after the game on the website.
The Lincolnton radio crew will have their version on 1050 AM - WLON.

Regarding the game:

Lincolnton fans have no clue how good those Shelby receivers are. Lincolnton will score more than 25 points. Shelby will score more than 38 points.
AC Reynolds, South Point, Crest and Kings Mountain can all attest to how good their offense really is. Their D does give up points but if Lincolnton has a chance it is outscoring them.

And regarding the KTC broadcast team for Shelby, Bralpa, I concur with the poster that asked for more score updates. Need to give the score every 3-4 minutes and entering and exiting any breaks. Thanks.

Good luck to both teams

This rain will favor the ground game. A sloppy field is not Wr or Db friendly, stick your cleats in the mud and keep trucking.
DB is at a severe disadvantage. Playing reactive is much harder. Defense is always at a disadvantage. More when the cut is decided first and on a wet field. I highly doubt a wet field will make Coach Ware abandon the air assault.

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
What's your take on the game LHS WOLVES
My take......Lincolnton has to mistake free. We can't turn the ball over. Similar to the East Lincoln game. We made to many mistakes. Our defense has improved but Shelby will puts point up on us. We need to control the clock with our run game and score on almost every drive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT