ADVERTISEMENT

Shelby vs Lincolnton

Sounds like Lion Attack thinks the game will be a walk in the park for Shelby. Maybe the Wolves shouldn't even show up.

Last edited:
Reactions: zukeridr
I guess since no one is remotely in the same class as Shelby on the field....there may not be reason to even play this highly touted game on Friday night. The Golden Lions have always been a class act for many many years....but they still have to suit up just like the Wolves and play the same 48 minutes. They have put together some awesome highlights this year as in previous years...but what people haven't seen or failed to notice is the Wolves have done the very same thing thus far. This NC 2A WESTERN REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME should be one to remember. Both teams have good coaching....great athletic abilities on both sides of the ball and excellent fan support.....it going down in Shelltown......BE THERE!

I'll take Shelby by three TDs. EL and South Point beat Lincolnton by three TDs. Has Lincolnton really improved? I'm not sure. They have won impressively lately but, honestly those teams aren't South Point or (pre Surratt injury) East Lincoln. We're going to find out Friday because Shelby did just barely beat South Point and is just as good as East Lincoln was at the time (as long as their QB Lee is playing).

We'll see Friday. I'd love to see Lincolnton win this game though and prove me wrong.

It will be an amazing game ,the SP and EL games were a lot closer than the score would indicate. The Wolves will give Shelby all they can handle . It's will be a eye opener for the area tosee The wolves compete and win the Game against the champs.

Lincolnton has improved over the last half of the season as I'm sure Shelby has as well and I have lots of respect for Shelby. You can compare games and scores and try to make decisions about outcomes all day. It really gets down to how well the teams are playing now and will play on game day. I could say I was surprised that Shelby only beat Mt Pleasant last week by 11 points and only lead by 4 pts in the 4th qtr until their last TD. I know Shelby was missing 3 players but do I think Mt Pleasant, a 5 loss team that gave up lots of points in the playoffs, is as good as Lincolnton. No, I don't. Lincolnton is a better team than any of the teams Shelby has played in this year's playoffs.

I know Shelby's high powered offense will put a lot of points on the board, but the Wolves can score as well. Shelby obviously should be favored to win the game but the Wolves will show up and be ready to play.

Last edited:
Lincolnton has improved over the last half of the season as I'm sure Shelby has as well and I have lots of respect for Shelby. You can compare games and scores and try to make decisions about outcomes all day. It really gets down to how well the teams are playing now and will play on game day. I could say I was surprised that Shelby only beat Mt Pleasant last week by 11 points and only lead by 4 pts in the 4th qtr until their last TD. I know Shelby was missing 3 players but do I think Mt Pleasant, a 4 loss team that gave up lots of points in the playoffs, is as good as Lincolnton. No, I don't. Lincolnton is a better team that any of the teams Shelby has played in this year's playoffs.

I know Shelby's high powered offense will put a lot of points on the board, but the Wolves can score as well. Shelby obviously should be favored to win the game but the Wolves will show up and be ready to play.

Good post Linkman I agree

Most Shelby folks know Lincolnton will come to play,and we have much respect for them.
As to MP game we had 3 turnovers that gave them short field...that meant alot, i also belive turnovers will be key this week.
Im sure Shelby coaches will have boys ready for this game.
I also know Lincolnton will come to play

Reactions: SHS-TheDynasty
22 is a concern playing LTown. He looks like he's built like Stewart for the Panthers. Low to the ground and thick. The kind of back that will wear down the defense.

Lots of those type backs have played against us and we have always shut them down....Maiden had one one time....North Meck had one one time. I'm sure Dax and Co. will be up to the challenge!

A few posters on here are comparing common foes. I have found out that that is not necessarily a good gauge. Individual match ups between the 2 teams playing at the present time is more important in determining the out come of the game. As the saying goes. (Thats why we play the game)

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Will the two Shelby receivers suspended for the game against MP be allowed to play against Lincolnton? I didn't see anything in the Shelby paper about it but my understanding is they were caught with drugs.

If the Lions are as overconfident as some of their posters they could be in for a rude awakening...while I expect Shelby to win....I think it will be a very, very close game...Would love to see the game but it's a bit too far to drive for me...Good luck for both on having a good injury free game......This is probably the true state title game in this class.....................

Will the two Shelby receivers suspended for the game against MP be allowed to play against Lincolnton? I didn't see anything in the Shelby paper about it but my understanding is they were caught with drugs.
Of course they're playing. I don't know where you got your info from, but they were not caught w/ any damn drugs, hence you not seeing it in the paper w/ them being arrested, or them not being thrown off the team. These are facts.You should know the facts before posting an allegation like this.

Last edited:
Lion Attack, that is why I didn't mention any names. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Just trying to get clarification. Thanks for the update. I am glad the 1 game suspension was for something minor.

Lion Attack, that is why I didn't mention any names. Didn't mean to offend anyone. Just trying to get clarification. Thanks for the update. I am glad the 1 game suspension was for something minor.
It's all good, bruh.

Lincolnton is playing great football right now. This game will come down to the turnover battle and the team that makes the least big mistakes.

Lincolnton is playing great football right now. This game will come down to the turnover battle and the team that makes the least big mistakes.
Plus 1. Shelby is not clicking like they were earlier in the season. Must get that going again or could be a long night.

Plus 1. Shelby is not clicking like they were earlier in the season. Must get that going again or could be a long night.
Shelby is their own worst enemy. Penalties, and turning the ball over are out of control.

Lincolnton is not really big on defense ,but very quick kinda like the 07 team not many solo tackles we usually bring a pack of wolves to the ball. Mabey we can help shake it Loose a little bit

YES. Lincolnton has improved greatly since the losses to South Point and East! But surely SP, East and Shelby have improved since week 4 as well. I maybe a deluded Homer, but I believe we coulda beaten both of those teams THEN...had we not made some early mistakes that forced us into playing from behind. I think we are better NOW, so I still think neither of those matchups would scare me into submission. BUT...this is about the Golden Lions / Wolves matchup!

History is on Shelby's side. You have the Championships to prove it. You have a respected program and great coaching. And a knowledgeable fanbase. That fanbase believes they are looking at the best Shelby team in years (according to reports)... That's what scares me! I watched Shelby play against Crest, and was impressed. Shelby is the favorite to win this thing, as they have the team/staff and the intangibles on their side.

Then again... The Wolves average 40 points a game, and have a fast, tough defense. They have a new head coach, and a new offensive coordinator...but the same coaching staff they had for the past many years... They have a fine running back (whom I don't believe Shelby will stop), and a good passing game (that Shelby MAY disrupt). This edition of the Wolves is not mentioned with the All-time Teams, and is a clear underdog...They are scrappy, physical and fast, but are playing a storied program on the road. The intangibles are against the Wolves.

Yet... I have a FEELING. (Is it OK to talk about FEELINGS here?) I have a feeling that the Wolves will acquit themselves well on Friday night. I have a feeling that if we avoid silly errors, play the game well, run the offense and tackle - that the Wolves have a shot to win this thing!

So, here is my prediction: Shelby Golden Lions 29
Lincolnton Wolves 30

That feels about right!

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
When I hear all this underdog talk then it tells me that guys are saying this to make themselves feel better in the event they lose. Both teams are going to come in Friday ready to play and both deserve to be there. There are no underdogs in this game both teams match up very close.

Reactions: AlwaysAWolf
A
When I hear all this underdog talk then it tells me that guys are saying this to make themselves feel better in the event they lose. Both teams are going to come in Friday ready to play and both deserve to be there. There are no underdogs in this game both teams match up very close.

Hold up...I acknowledged we are an underdog...but predicted a victory! No hedging there, that I can see. lol

Agreed, Hitman. Both teams deserve this shot. And this is one of the few times I can guarantee that I'll pull for the winner at the 'ship.

But, lets be serious...Shelby is the favorite, and should be. I don't see it as David and Goliath, though. More like Rousey/Holm ! Lotsa skills on both sides, and anything can happen.

A

Hold up...I acknowledged we are an underdog...but predicted a victory! No hedging there, that I can see. lol

Agreed, Hitman. Both teams deserve this shot. And this is one of the few times I can guarantee that I'll pull for the winner at the 'ship.

But, lets be serious...Shelby is the favorite, and should be. I don't see it as David and Goliath, though. More like Rousey/Holm ! Lotsa skills on both sides, and anything can happen.

Fair enough. I will say this 6 weeks ago I would have favored Shelby by 21, now its more like 7.

Fair enough. I will say this 6 weeks ago I would have favored Shelby by 21, now its more like 7.
I cannot argue with your logic there, and think I'm with you there on both counts.

Lions still dog-piling upon entry? I dig that.

When I hear all this underdog talk then it tells me that guys are saying this to make themselves feel better in the event they lose. Both teams are going to come in Friday ready to play and both deserve to be there. Te are no underdogs in this game both teams match up very close.
On evenly matched teams home team is given a touchdown favorite

How could we not be the underdog in this match up. #1 seed vs #6. 13-1. Vs 12-2 team. 2- time defending state championship playing on their home turf. I would truly like to believe we wasn't the underdog

Reactions: LHSWolves
How could we not be the underdog in this match up. #1 seed vs #6. 13-1. Vs 12-2 team. 2- time defending state championship playing on their home turf. I would truly like to believe we wasn't the underdog
Sounds like the Panthers and the Cowboys last week on Turkey day.......

Being a #1 seed team shelby has not had to face a supposedly tougher opponent in the playoffs,on the other hand Lincolnton being a #6 seed only seen one opponent Seeded below them and won easily 40-0 then beat a #3 seed (easily) then last week knocked off the team that the previous week knocked off the #2 seed (easily) so that's 3-2 -and next 1 ,we have gotten a little better each week.I hope we have not peaked out yet and finish the run for the western conference championship Friday night with a win at shelby and go on to play for a state championship

Last edited:
Shelby has had many years were they didn't peak until playoff time including just two years ago when the Lions were 7 and 4 going into the playoffs.

He we go gentlemen. Gonna put the Lion and Wolf in the cage at the colosseum. I knew this was coming and I have been anticipating the battle. Both wear black and similar gold/yellow. Two towns with storied football traditions.

If anyone ever had a chance of dethroning the reigning two time champs they are coming to Allen Stadium Friday night. Mt. Pleasant is a good program but they are no 2015 Lincolnton Wolves. Expect Mt. Pleasant on steroids.

Last edited:
Reactions: sasha_nc
Actually wasn't trying to make a point just a observation.And another observation I have noticed is looks to me like shelby played their best football at the beginning of the year and Lincolnton are playing their best at the end

Last edited:
Actually wasn't trying to make a point just a observation.And another observation I have noticed is looks to me like shelby played their best football earlier in the year and Lincolnton seems to be playing better at the end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT