ADVERTISEMENT

NORTHEASTERN EAGLES

daagoob

Dec 4, 2010
Elizabeth City
If anyone has any questions about our team,coaches,or players myself or @Jamesdavis06 will do our best to answer them. Please take into consideration that when or if Northeastern loses I tend to disappear until the following season 😀. No seriously I don’t take stuff up here personally so feel welcome to fire shots, I love a good back and forth, even with posters up here who are liars. I think NE is the best team in the East and I think we will host the Eastern Championship here in Elizabeth City as a 3 seed.

If anyone has any questions about our team,coaches,or players myself or @Jamesdavis06 will do our best to answer them. Please take into consideration that when or if Northeastern loses I tend to disappear until the following season 😀. No seriously I don’t take stuff up here personally so feel welcome to fire shots, I love a good back and forth, even with posters up here who are liars. I think NE is the best team in the East and I think we will host the Eastern Championship here in Elizabeth City as a 3 seed.
I agree but that second round game if we can beat them twice I can see us in the Eastern championship

Reactions: Maiden Creek
That second round game worries me, I’d be lying if I said it didn’t. And yes, I know we will win our first round game for those of you who may want to remind me. In our first game against Holmes they made a lot of dumb mistakes that just turned the game around and made it a no contest. I expect the coaching staff there has already corrected those problems with the snap. I think the thing that seperates us from most (not all eastern) teams is our ability to defend. Being blessed with players like Lister (sr), Fletcher (sr), Freshwater (sr), and Bell (so) has been unbelievable. Our defense is just fun to watch, especially Freshwater. I know these guys aren’t perfect and because of our success in recent years all our conference teams throw everything at us to try and win. We always get everyone’s best shot, at least locally anyhow.

I remember just knowing we would play you guys in 2016 in states. Edenton got you guys in the rematch. I think you guys would have been a tougher challenge
How do you feel about your team (Reidsville) chances on coming out of the west? Is there a team that really worries you matchup wise. Love your young qb by the way.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
How do you feel about your team (Reidsville) chances on coming out of the west? Is there a team that really worries you matchup wise. Love your young qb by the way.
I like this team. Not really sure how they will fare against the other west teams. It’s two injured players I want us to get back.As far as concerned teams, I think Shelby, Hendersonville, Salisbury and Monroe worry me the most. But burns, maiden are also legit among a few others. Also, want to see how we fare vs chase in 2nd round.

Those Maiden Blue Devils fans were awesome. I’m pulling for them to come out of the west but I just don’t see it happening as much as I like them. That game I went to in Lincolnton was the best high school venue I’ve ever been to. I wish people up here in the northeast had as much passion for their teams as those two schools have. I will say this, the Edenton community backs their Aces to the fullest. They do have a really good fan base like that of a Clinton,Swo,or Wrh.

There is absolutely zero evidence that’s it’s hard to beat a good team twice in a season that’s all just coach speak….don’t understand why people continue to say that…show me the proof of it then I’ll believe it

I'm not so sure you are!! But you know I love you brother!!

There is absolutely zero evidence that’s it’s hard to beat a good team twice in a season that’s all just coach speak….don’t understand why people continue to say that…show me the proof of it then I’ll believe it
My sophomore year Hendersonville beat us twice. My junior year we beat Hendersonville twice. My senior year we beat Newton twice. It happens more times than not.

This is an article from earlier this summer but still very relevant. Freshwater recruitment is something that most of us don’t know a lot about including our coach. I believe the family wants to keep it on the low and I respect them for that. The kid is playing lights out and has only gotten better. He’s so fast for his size it’s scary, and of course he’s strong and very talented

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91
It was the thought that counts, and yes @oldway55 you’re probably right about those paint fumes 😂. I do tend to get wound up some times. @dogs79 and @Otis4411 have to call me up and calm me down at times. I told John tonight that if, and that’s a BIG if, my Eagles 🦅 don’t win the state championship and they get knocked out that Im not disappearing off these threads. Instead Im going to stay up here year round and if no other posters are up here I’ll just talk to my ownself.

It was the thought that counts, and yes @oldway55 you’re probably right about those paint fumes 😂. I do tend to get wound up some times. @dogs79 and @Otis4411 have to call me up and calm me down at times. I told John tonight that if, and that’s a BIG if, my Eagles 🦅 don’t win the state championship and they get knocked out that Im not disappearing off these threads. Instead Im going to stay up here year round and if no other posters are up here I’ll just talk to my ownself.
It's all good man. Hell you make it interesting. I don't take all this to serious anyway. Hope y'all get to come to Beulaville in a few weeks if we both make it that far. Its going to be a tough road.

Last edited:
daagoob, how does this year's Northeastern squad compare to last year's?
Much better on defense but not as explosive on offense. That’s probably sums it up the best. I think last years team was better but some may tend to disagree. I think not having a kicker may come to back to bite us. There are just so many good teams in the East this year. Should be a very fun playoff

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79

You will dissapeare hahah NE gets to the finals and bows out again to Reidsville. We might have to check you in cowboy

• Haha
Reactions: daagoob
It’ll be unlike anything you’ve ever seen. I will be swinging for the Fence. We will have a good time. I will go down to Onslow County and let @UNC91 take me out to celebrate lol 😂. Just joking, I am planning on attending a Swo game next season though
Wear your NE gear!!

Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT