ADVERTISEMENT

North Stanly at Tarboro

How about the 6-7 kid from Delaware who starts on the NS varsity basketball team? NCHSAA has to start taking notice. Y'all are recruiting. I am sure that a kid from Delaware randomly decides to move south and attend NS. Good luck comets. Y'all better start recruiting now because your team has officially been gutted. 2019 here we come.
That’s a how other sport, talking bout football, if you’d like to talk about basketball I’m sure there’s other boards

That’s a how other sport, talking bout football, if you’d like to talk about basketball I’m sure there’s other boards
Its not "just another sport". Its the same stuff that NS has been doing for years. They promise kids scholarships to get them there, then they are stuck with nothing.

Its not "just another sport". Its the same stuff that NS has been doing for years. They promise kids scholarships to get them there, then they are stuck with nothing.
Well every kid that they have “recruited” they have sent to to a college of some sort

To any moderators online. Is there a way I can stop following this thread now? Listening to these people constantly constantly arguing for the sake of arguing is no longer amusing.

Reactions: 1SWO1
End of the day whichever Comet fan called me a 50 year old hag...the joke is on you. It will probably be 50 years before NS gets 11 wins again. Good night.

Reactions: DeadpoolX
Albemarle has never lost to a team in the east. Ask a couple good ones like SWO and WRH...

Well every kid that they have “recruited” they have sent to to a college of some sort

With all of that college talent what has North Stanly got to show for it? You are damn right they recruited players. And you know what? North Stanly is exactly what they are. A big ol' nothing in football. How many college players have come through there in the last few years? How many kids have they pulled from other high schools? That coaching staff must be proud. All that D1 talent and not a damn thing to show for it. Enjoy your two playoff wins there Boi.... you want to talk about living in the past moving on. Well, here's a little take for you. North Stanly has 4 playoff wins in the history of the school. West Montgomery is no longer. As long as North Stanly is open they will NEVER duplicate the success of West Montgomery. You are now back where you've always been. Watching a Homecoming ceremony at halftime.

Pretty disappointing to talk so negatively about student athletes. I would have loved to step on the field tonight and played!

100% agree, didn’t get home from my game last night till well after midnight and just now getting a chance to start cleaning things up.

NS is good for one thing. Girls sport programs. Maybe the state will allow NS to recruit better boy athletes for title 9 purposes.

Nobody was recruited....I know your prolly not the brightest so I’ll say it slow....no......one.....was.....recruited

You keep telling yourself that. Everyone knows what North Stanly is all about. What a freaking joke of an athletic department. Enjoy all the Homecoming celebrations you'll be seeing again. All those D1 players got you 2 playoff wins. Which doubled your entire playoff win history. Ever think that maybe, just maybe, everything that is being said is true? Rhone was recruited by the "friends" of the football coaching staff. That's a fact. He was recruited from his sophomore year. A few others at West were as well. North is a joke. Always has been. Always will be. Promises of college, more exposure, etc..... The character of that team exemplifies the players they bring in. How's Williams doing these days? Three schools in his career and didn't do a damn thing at unc. You can get all the talent you want. How you get it speaks volumes.

You keep telling yourself that. Everyone knows what North Stanly is all about. What a freaking joke of an athletic department. Enjoy all the Homecoming celebrations you'll be seeing again. All those D1 players got you 2 playoff wins. Which doubled your entire playoff win history. Ever think that maybe, just maybe, everything that is being said is true? Rhone was recruited by the "friends" of the football coaching staff. That's a fact. He was recruited from his sophomore year. A few others at West were as well. North is a joke. Always has been. Always will be. Promises of college, more exposure, etc..... The character of that team exemplifies the players they bring in. How's Williams doing these days? Three schools in his career and didn't do a damn thing at unc. You can get all the talent you want. How you get it speaks volumes.
Once again you still don’t know what you are talking about. Before you start stuff please be accuarate. Antonio Williams as only played at 2 schools. OSU and UNC. And was honorable mention ACC.

Reactions: atucker2
Once again you still don’t know what you are talking about. Before you start stuff please be accuarate. Antonio Williams as only played at 2 schools. OSU and UNC. And was honorable mention ACC.

Committed to Wisconsin. Switched to OSU. Transfered to unc. Didn't play the last two games of a 2 win season. Had ONE game that he ran for 100 yards. How many playoff games did they win with him? I believe against West Montgomery he had 34 yards and left the game early. Seems like a trend with that crowd in New London. Believe that is pretty accurate. (correct spelling)

Committed to Wisconsin. Switched to OSU. Transfered to unc. Didn't play the last two games of a 2 win season. Had ONE game that he ran for 100 yards. How many playoff games did they win with him? I believe against West Montgomery he had 34 yards and left the game early. Seems like a trend with that crowd in New London. Believe that is pretty accurate. (correct spelling)
LOL that is not considered going to that school. People commit and decommit all the team. It is very common for people to do that. Does not mean he attended there.

Reactions: atucker2
LOL that is not considered going to that school. People commit and decommit all the team. It is very common for people to do that. Does not mean he attended there.

Never said he played there. I made the statement to provide proof of how that football team runs things. They haven't and will never be considered a Program. They are a bunch of used car salesmen that take in kids that never commit to anything. It's a "me first" mantra. What's that got North Stanly? Four playoff wins in 56 years. Enjoy the off season. You'll see plenty of Homecoming games next year like always.

For those that wondered about the 5th down series (I did) here is the rule on that.
If there is an inadvertent whistle during a loose ball following a backward pass, fumble, illegal forward pass or illegal kick team last in possession can:
  • Replay the down, or
  • Count the down & put the ball in play where possession was lost. (NFHS Rule 4.2.3)

Reactions: Sleehrat84
For those that wondered about the 5th down series (I did) here is the rule on that.
If there is an inadvertent whistle during a loose ball following a backward pass, fumble, illegal forward pass or illegal kick team last in possession can:
  • Replay the down, or
  • Count the down & put the ball in play where possession was lost. (NFHS Rule 4.2.3)

Problem was that there was no explanation. In essence, the refs cost us a TD. But, it is history now.

First of all I am not a North Stanly fan but they had a very good season and there is no shame in getting beat by Tarboro. I still think they got a raw deal being sent east instead of west and a team they beat by 42 gets a bye in the first round. If they go west maybe they win it and face Tarboro in the finals but it would still be the same results as last night. Once again I'd like to congratulate North on the season they had.There are a lot of teams in the state that didn't win 11 games or even make the playoffs.

First of all I am not a North Stanly fan but they had a very good season and there is no shame in getting beat by Tarboro. I still think they got a raw deal being sent east instead of west and a team they beat by 42 gets a bye in the first round. If they go west maybe they win it and face Tarboro in the finals but it would still be the same results as last night. Once again I'd like to congratulate North on the season they had.There are a lot of teams in the state that didn't win 11 games or even make the playoffs.
Every program has had their share of raw deals in terms of playoff seeding. The formats are set before the season starts, so you knew what you have to do before you ever take the field. If you take care of your business and win your regular season games, you will get the best seeds. Losing even one game can put your back to the wall in some big playoff games. In 2011, Tarboro won three road playoff games, the Eastern Final at home over South Columbus and the state championship against Lincolnton by a combined 18 points. The teams that beat the odds are generally remembered as truly legendary.

Tarboro is one great program. NS never adjusted to the unbalanced front...2nd quarter until the final possession. The five play down was confusing because the ref in the booth said it was a penalty, but they didn't mark off anything... inadvertent whistle? They got it right. North had a great season. Anyone who beats Tarboro this year? I don't see it happening.

Tarboro is one great program. NS never adjusted to the unbalanced front...2nd quarter until the final possession. The five play down was confusing because the ref in the booth said it was a penalty, but they didn't mark off anything... inadvertent whistle? They got it right. North had a great season. Anyone who beats Tarboro this year? I don't see it happening.
That's one of those moments as a referee you hope never happens to you. My dad was a high school official for many years and one of their biggest points of emphasis is don't blow the whistle unless you are sure the play is over.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT