ADVERTISEMENT

North Surry

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the 2024 Hounds? I think they’re hungry. Obviously lost a few great seniors, but lot of returning starters.

I say they repeat as conference champs along with beating that team across the river.
They in same conference as Mt.Airy?

I Haven't followed much on North Surry since they were 3A when they played in Foothill Athletic Conference with the Iredell County teams. I would say if they keep their staff and team together they might do alright in the Conference. I have a ? for North Surry posters. I hear rumors that North Surry has had a history of losing players to MT Airy. How true is that rumor? When North Surry was 3A they pretty much had MT Airy number. The last time North Surry beat MT Airy was 2006.

I Haven't followed much on North Surry since they were 3A when they played in Foothill Athletic Conference with the Iredell County teams. I would say if they keep their staff and team together they might do alright in the Conference. I have a ? for North Surry posters. I hear rumors that North Surry has had a history of losing players to MT Airy. How true is that rumor? When North Surry was 3A they pretty much had MT Airy number. The last time North Surry beat MT Airy was 2006.
That is very true. We shouldn't mention names on here so I will leave it at that. True fans of both schools know who they are.

Reactions: richardtrickle10
I don't think you beat the cards next year. We are better coached. You won't score on Mount airy. Can't even beat them in basketball now. They used to be your saving grace.

I'm naturally humble (especially since I'm older,) so I'm not gonna overhype us but if we do what we need to do across the board I think it'll be a fun season. I'm in the words of Margret Thatcher cautiously optimistic. It'll be an interesting first few weeks as I think we will be getting our turf installed soon (who knows though.)

Offense we return pretty much everyone but Simmons at RB and 2 of the O lineman, but we got a JV RB up who ran for 1,400 yards last year and some very hard willed linemen as juniors. On D we have quite a bit of potential on that side, all the best of the JV team from '22 on defense stayed down last year and played Thursdays for more experience. If they can mesh together well and have a good summer I think we can be better than last year on that side. Biggest ? mark for me right now is the kicker spot. We got a punter for sure but not sure about the kicker.

Conference will be interesting. East should be in it again. Wilkes Central's very stubborn in the hambone, ? mark is can they get over their squabbles or not. Forbush has that kid at RB unless he transfers. West Wilkes is good sized and SC has that QB. We gotta be focused every week. Game I'm focused most for is South Caldwell, I think we got a good shot to play them this year. We beat their JV solid last year. MA and West Stokes will be good tests for us, we got something to prove both weeks.

I'll see when we have our scrimmages, same from last year.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the 2024 Hounds? I think they’re hungry. Obviously lost a few great seniors, but lot of returning starters.

I say they repeat as conference champs along with beating that team across the river.
No chance you lucky if we don't get your coach

I don't think you beat the cards next year. We are better coached. You won't score on Mount airy. Can't even beat them in basketball now. They used to be your saving grace.
Lol can’t even pretend to be a Cards fan without mentioning MA in two separate sports.

Some how this Clown has found his way to the 2a boards on a North Surry Thread talking about MA when he was a ES fan in 19. GO FIGURE
Still an East fan. But had a nephew playing at the school. Mount Airy that is. Got to see some real good football. So I'll just say I'm a fan of both. Nothing wrong with that. You seem to know about that pretty well. Clown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT