ADVERTISEMENT

North Stanly at Tarboro

vikandpiratepride

Sep 14, 2012
the matchup everyone has been talking about since the brackets were released. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this one ?

tenor.gif

I’m thinking 35-14. I don’t think this will be a running clock like Tarboro has had in every game except one this year. Our boys will certainly get tested this week. Interested in seeing how the boys respond in this one.

Tarboro should win. This might be a good game for a half. North Stanlr could make it interesting for 3 quarters. But Tarboro should win. I would guess Tarboro wins by 3 TD’s.

Its finally here. I think this actually could be a game. Tarboro is great, North Stanly does have alot of talent. Wont be surprised to see this game close heading to the 4th

In my opinion this is the 1a game of the year. This is the one game where Tarboro doesn't have a talent advantage. I think athlete for athlete it's a push but I still like Tarboro in this one. Coaching and scheme wise tarboro is as talented as anyone in the state 1a-4a. Much respect for the coaching staff over there....they just dominate at every level!

Reactions: Ladge and Champ_24
Exactly why I can never pull for Southwest like some Tarboro fans. I want them to lose everytime they play a game in every sport.
Doesn't see obvious troll and roots for their neighbors kids to lose, even when not playing Tarboro. Lol

You Tarboro fans kill me. No Class at all!
Which Tarboro fan is showing no class? Myself, kw, and tarvikes (the only Tarboro fans who have posted on this post.) haven’t said anything that was classless ?
That’s what I have never quite understood. Most of the people on these forums mouthing about the greatness and might of Tarboro are usually not Tarboro people. Most Tarboro folks have been through getting their asses handed to them by WRH, slugfests with SWE, Southern Nash and ridiculous off the field issues. Enjoy the moments you are successful because those moments rarely come without struggle.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
You Tarboro fans kill me. No Class at all!
Yeah, I don't get where you're coming from with that either. I represent Tarboro's hated rival, but I can't call the supporters or the athletes classless at all. Most root for us when we're not playing each other. And they always say "one game at a time" and "anything can happen" here. But they also recognize that their team is pretty darn good right now. That's a fact. So idk what you are expecting them to say. Unlikely Havelock and SWO posters, they don't brag about it or talk s**t. Tarboro and Reidsville posters are some of the classiest supporters up here.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
In my opinion this is the 1a game of the year. This is the one game where Tarboro doesn't have a talent advantage. I think athlete for athlete it's a push but I still like Tarboro in this one. Coaching and scheme wise tarboro is as talented as anyone in the state 1a-4a. Much respect for the coaching staff over there....they just dominate at every level!
I have heard great things about a couple of skill position guys for North Stanly, but I am not sure about “athlete for athlete.” Tarboro’s line play on both sides of the ball is off the charts. The Comets are going to have a tough time filling gaps defensively and creating them offensively. It’s hard to argue that Tarboro’s offensive scheme is superior to anyone else’s because we run the same offense we ran in the 50’s and 60’s. Tarboro’s edge in most cases is determination. It’s not like Edgecombe County grows running backs. Tarboro just instills their backs with the mentality that you will need a small army to bring them down. As a Viking fan, it’s always amusing to count the number of defenders picking themselves up off the ground that didn’t make the tackle.

From my observations of NS, they have two of the best backs in the state regardless of school size, combined with a couple decent receivers, an average qb, good offensive line. Their defense isn't extremely athletic they are just tough and fundamentally sound. If Tarboro can stop the two runningbacks #20 and #7 and force them to throw then NS will have a tough day. If they cant then it will be a ballgame. Tarboro has to make them throw.

From my observations of NS, they have two of the best backs in the state regardless of school size, combined with a couple decent receivers, an average qb, good offensive line. Their defense isn't extremely athletic they are just tough and fundamentally sound. If Tarboro can stop the two runningbacks #20 and #7 and force them to throw then NS will have a tough day. If they cant then it will be a ballgame. Tarboro has to make them throw.
I like hearing that. Run defense is Tarboro’s strength. Strength against strength is always fun to watch.

I've watched two North Stanly games on Youtube this year and their QB this season is not as good as their QB last year, either passing the ball or athletically.

The QB position is going to be North's downfall in this game (along with Tarboro being better on the lines than North) because I don't think any 1A team, no matter how good, can give Tarboro a real game being so one dimensional offensively.

Last edited:
I've watched two North Stanly games on Youtube this year and their QB this season is not as good as their QB last year, either passing the ball or athletically.

The QB position is going to be North's downfall in this game (along with Tarboro being better on the lines than North) because I don't think any 1A team, no matter how good, can give Tarboro a real game being so one dimensional offensively.
I could not agree more. It seems that NS has tried all year to be able to throw the ball, but then they always come back to the run and win. The QB will throw an int in a heartbeat. If NS had their QB from last year they would be a lot more dangerous.

Reactions: mbdfan
I like hearing that. Run defense is Tarboro’s strength. Strength against strength is always fun to watch.
If run defense is their strength then it could get ugly. But don't sleep on NS's backs. They are the real deal. They recruited West Montgomery's 3000 yard rusher from last year in addition to #20 that they already had.

If run defense is their strength then it could get ugly. But don't sleep on NS's backs. They are the real deal. They recruited West Montgomery's 3000 yard rusher from last year in addition to #20 that they already had.
NO ONE RECRUITED HIM TO COME TO NORTH......north hasn’t recruited a single kid

Last edited:
We remember him from last year. Was a good back but our defense kept him check. Hopefully we can do the same this year.

He managed 30 yards on 10 carries last year. Tarboro’s defense has not gotten any weaker in the last 12 months. We will see how he does this year.

He managed 30 yards on 10 carries last year. Tarboro’s defense has not gotten any weaker in the last 12 months. We will see how he does this year.
Is North Stanly’s O-line a lot better than West Montgomery’s last year?

I could not agree more. It seems that NS has tried all year to be able to throw the ball, but then they always come back to the run and win. The QB will throw an int in a heartbeat. If NS had their QB from last year they would be a lot more dangerous.

According to stats this is not true at all. The QB last year threw 9 ints, this year's QB has only thrown 3.
As a matter of fact, this year's QB has a better passing percentage and rating than last year's QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: Warriors2013_
Threw a total of 4 int all year long and I think around 17 tds check stats before you talk

If R'ville was the size school murphy is we not only would go to Tarboro and kick their bu**

Last edited by a moderator:
Is North Stanly’s O-line a lot better than West Montgomery’s last year?

I think they are. I was really impressed with the running game and Rhône is tough. I think tarboro wins 3 td’s But if he gets away from Tarboro it could be interesting.

I think this game will be interesting for a half, heck maybe 3 quarters. I do think this is the #2 best team in 1aa east and Tarboro best opponent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT