ADVERTISEMENT

North Stanly at Tarboro

Ido think this is the #2 best team in 1aa east and Tarboro best opponent
Uh oh, better be careful with that statement Champ, some Northeastern fan is going to come in and tell you Holmes would stomp North Stanly.

Reactions: Champ_24
LOL, North didn’t recruit, so a coach texting his Dad isn’t recruiting get out of here. North will experience what we did last year, a good ole fashion thumping. 45-14 Tarboro

From my observations of NS, they have two of the best backs in the state regardless of school size, combined with a couple decent receivers, an average qb, good offensive line. Their defense isn't extremely athletic they are just tough and fundamentally sound. If Tarboro can stop the two runningbacks #20 and #7 and force them to throw then NS will have a tough day. If they cant then it will be a ballgame. Tarboro has to make them throw.

Sorry Susan... North Stanly has two really good backs in 1A football. One of which I watched play for the last 7 years in Montgomery County. Hit him a few times behind the line and watch him start yapping at the line. He's talented. He's got the skills. That doesn't make him a top back in NC regardless of school size. He's a big kid. How many offers does he have? Has he been recruited or made an early commitment to any school? Most of the top 50 in NC have offers and made commitments already. Wonder why? Just asking. As far as anyone questioning whether North Stanly recruited players to play for them this year I will say that if you doubt it then I recommend you pulling your rose colored glasses off. They did. They were after Rhone from the time he was a sophomore. Along with a couple of others at West Montgomery that stayed there last year and this year. Their coaching staff hasn't broken any rule and players transferring is legal. It's also why they get their asses out coached when facing equal or near equal talent. If they can't out athlete a team they get sent home. Watch Friday night. North Stanly has matched their playoff win total in the history of their school this season. Two wins. Next season they won't win a damn playoff game. Will be lucky to be .500.

NO ONE RECRUITED HIM TO COME TO NORTH......north hasn’t recruited a single kid

Yeah.... and if you believe that then I'll tell you another one. North Stanly has always been a place that kids from all over the area dream of playing football at. Just own it. NCHSAA made it legal for kids to transfer to another school with no penalty. North took advantage of it. Too bad they have a coaching staff that couldn't compete at a middle school level with an even playing field. How many D1 players/prospects have they had in the last few years? Isn't that what the North Stanly faithful keep clamoring on? How many playoff wins in 56 years? 4? 2 this season. North recruited for this season. After the 40 point drubbing that is coming Friday night you won't see another 2 wins in a single season EVER. Stay in your lane. Football ain't your lane.

Reactions: Sleehrat84
Yes. I do. Damn proud to be a Warrior. What's your point?
Then my point is “stay in your lane” cause football ain’t it anymore....hold on to the past for as long as you can cause that’s all you got, yeah north doesn’t have a past, they have a present and future which is more than u can say... and nobody was recruited to come to north, I’m guessing u keep saying that cause your still butt hurt Rhone left, lol your like that person that just can’t seem to get over their x... west mont is irrelevant now face it and soon there won’t even be a west mont.....might as well go ahead and delete your account cause you don’t even have a dog in the fight lol

Last edited:
We will always be known for spanking North up and down the field. North only can dream of where WM has been and done. After Friday night North will be back to being Homecoming opponents once again.

Reactions: CrazyHeel
We will always be known for spanking North up and down the field. North only can dream of where WM has been and done. After Friday night North will be back to being Homecoming opponents once again.
Ahhh there you go buddy hold on to that past, and yep they sure did spank north this year I mean they only score 6 points on a jv defense, and at least north will still be team the next few years... lol y’all gonna be put in the Montgomery museum

Ahhh there you go buddy hold on to that past, and yep they sure did spank north this year I mean they only score 6 points on a jv defense, and at least north will still be team the next few years... lol y’all gonna be put in the Montgomery museum

Yeah... a museum with a winning record. North Stanly will be, how did you spell it.... "irralvant"....? Not one person lost any sleep over any player leaving. Rhone left for what he thought was a better deal for him. He WAS recruited. It is a well know FACT. You aren't wrong when you say West Montgomery doesn't have a future. We don't. But, I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say that the future for Montgomery County football is a hell of a lot brighter than any future that North Stanly football has. And you can write that down. Get it notarized, pin it on your wall and remember when I told you. North Stanly is a Homecoming. That's all. Know your role.

North is welcome to schedule Montgomery Central in the future, I’ll spot u 30. I’d be willing to bet we’ll surpass North’s playoff win total in History of school within 4 years of existence.

Yeah... a museum with a winning record. North Stanly will be, how did you spell it.... "irralvant"....? Not one person lost any sleep over any player leaving. Rhone left for what he thought was a better deal for him. He WAS recruited. It is a well know FACT. You aren't wrong when you say West Montgomery doesn't have a future. We don't. But, I'd be willing to go out on a limb and say that the future for Montgomery County football is a hell of a lot brighter than any future that North Stanly football has. And you can write that down. Get it notarized, pin it on your wall and remember when I told you. North Stanly is a Homecoming. That's all. Know your role.
How was he recruited? Did the coach talk to him, txt him telling him to come? Nope...norths coaches in no way shape or form recruited him but they did welcome him with open arms, he came because he wanted to so if you can in some way shape or how show or find a way he was recruited then I’ll take whatever u say to be creditable till then your just a butt hurt fan

Are there any South Stanly fans on the boards? If so, I would like to get your opinions of North Stanly and Tarboro since you have played both teams within a couple of weeks of each other. That would be an opinion worth hearing. Any takers?

North is welcome to schedule Montgomery Central in the future, I’ll spot u 30. I’d be willing to bet we’ll surpass North’s playoff win total in History of school within 4 years of existence.
Could’ve taken both west and east this year...combined them...and north still would’ve beat em

Lol u got all your eggs in one basket boi. U better get all that smack talk out by Friday because after that u will go back to hiding where North knows it’s place. Under the rock

Lol u got all your eggs in one basket boi. U better get all that smack talk out by Friday because after that u will go back to hiding where North knows it’s place. Under the rock
Isn’t west mont playing basketball rightnow? Why are you even talking? I mean your hiding behind another team because west mont couldn’t even compete with north, is tarboro your older brother you get to fight your fights for you? That’s cute

I’m not hiding, my screen name is clear for most folks. I’m a Warrior. And Proud. Homecoming opponents. Get back in your place boi

Isn’t west mont playing basketball rightnow? Why are you even talking? I mean your hiding behind another team because west mont couldn’t even compete with north, is tarboro your older brother you get to fight your fights for you? That’s cute

No. Tarboro is the the team that smacked us around last year when we played them. They destroyed West Montgomery and won State. West wasn't even supposed to be in the playoffs last season and made it to the third round. So, what is North Stanly going to do with all the recruits and D1 signees? West is playing basketball and probably not going to do very well. So be it. School is closing. North Stanly isn't. A program on the rise right? Put up or shut up Friday night. All that lip won't get you anything until you win more than 4 playoff games in 56 years. Just so you know, West Montgomery won 4 playoff games in the same season 5 out of the last 12 years.

Reactions: 1SWO1 and WM_2004
No. Tarboro is the the team that smacked us around last year when we played them. They destroyed West Montgomery and won State. West wasn't even supposed to be in the playoffs last season and made it to the third round. So, what is North Stanly going to do with all the recruits and D1 signees? West is playing basketball and probably not going to do very well. So be it. School is closing. North Stanly isn't. A program on the rise right? Put up or shut up Friday night. All that lip won't get you anything until you win more than 4 playoff games in 56 years. Just so you know, West Montgomery won 4 playoff games in the same season 5 out of the last 12 years.
Good to see you taking my advice and holding onto that past

Damn is this game about North Stanly and Tarboro or are we going to sit back and hear WM and NS fans argue like a married couple. Start your own thread and stop hijacking this damn. This gets old. Get each other number and call or text each other.

Reactions: 1SWO1 and CrazyHeel
Damn is this game about North Stanly and Tarboro or are we going to sit back and hear WM and NS fans argue like a married couple. Start your own thread and stop hijacking this damn. This gets old. Get each other number and call or text each other.
tenor.gif

Tarboro will score their points. North will score theirs. In the end, not enough balance for North to expect a win. With that said, upsets happen and that's why we play the game. To bump off Tarboro by anyone's honest assessment will be an upset. Upset city...West by 2.

Don’t think North has enough to beat Tarboro but I don’t think anyone else does in 1AA. I do think this will be Tarboro ‘s first game in a long time without a running clock. North makes it close for a half but Tarboro wears them down and pulls away in the 3rd quarter.

Homecoming opponents..... Cuz cutting deep, wide and continous

Reactions: WM_2004
Just a sincere question to North Stanly fans. I've been looking over your season schedule and I am pretty impressed. You can't help the strength of your conference schedule which tailed off with West Montgomery's nose dive, but out-of-conference is quite impressive. I wanted to get some context around two OOC games, East Rowan and NW Cabarrus. Both games were early in the year, but in terms of competition, its all you really have to gauge yourself by. Losing to East Rowan looks very out of step for this team. Losing a close one to NW Cabarrus probably didn't seem like that big a deal at the time, but Coach Gentry has really turned the Trojans into a serious contender this year. On paper, those two losses look inexplicable a mere three weeks apart. What's the deal there?

Reactions: Champ_24
Don’t think North has enough to beat Tarboro but I don’t think anyone else does in 1AA. I do think this will be Tarboro ‘s first game in a long time without a running clock. North makes it close for a half but Tarboro wears them down and pulls away in the 3rd quarter.
Been two whole game since the last time they didn't have a running clock...
I think they do get a running clock this game.

Just a sincere question to North Stanly fans. I've been looking over your season schedule and I am pretty impressed. You can't help the strength of your conference schedule which tailed off with West Montgomery's nose dive, but out-of-conference is quite impressive. I wanted to get some context around two OOC games, East Rowan and NW Cabarrus. Both games were early in the year, but in terms of competition, its all you really have to gauge yourself by. Losing to East Rowan looks very out of step for this team. Losing a close one to NW Cabarrus probably didn't seem like that big a deal at the time, but Coach Gentry has really turned the Trojans into a serious contender this year. On paper, those two losses look inexplicable a mere three weeks apart. What's the deal there?
East Rowan game north started off hot, scored on the 1st play and had all the momentum but lost it when the refs blew a play dead before it was ever over, east Rowan had muffed the punt and north recovered it on easts 8 but the refs gave the ball to east and they went on the score on that drive and north struggled to get back that momentum....northwest game NS beat them even NW coaches said they lost that game, north was finna get the ball back with less than 2 mins left n run the clock out when they called a roughing the punter call which was more of good acting than anything else (there was 2 other same calls that night that they waved off because he was just flopping) but NW kept the ball and went on the score the game winning TD...not making excuses that’s just what happened north still had chances in both games just couldn’t pull it out, east Rowan game they lost but the NW game was robbed from them

NW game was also on a short week game was played on that Wednesday, moved up due to that hurricane if that means anything to you, doesn’t make that big of a difference just less time for a team to prepare

North Stanly will have the best two talents on the field with Davis and Clark, and Rhone isn't far behind. Rush is also a very good player and the kicker is legit. But up front and overall talent, it's Tarboro all day. On side notes, Tarboro fans will love watching Davis, he's like a high school version of Barry Sanders, just fun to watch. Pound for pound one of the top players in the state of NC without question. And wait to you see Clark, kid has tremendous size and athletic ability, freak style. But he also takes too many plays off. And there is no room for that this week for sure. Vikings 49 Comets 21

I do think North Stanly, Mount Airy, and Murphy are the best three teams in the state behind Tarboro. It's a shame they didn't get to battle for the west again this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT