ADVERTISEMENT

Rabun Gap @ Robbinsville

Rville will be efficient on the offensive side of the ball, especially within the 1st half. Second half will be won by what coach makes the best adjustments. I do believe RG will “out athlete” them at the end of the day, as they should.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I agree about RG defense but it's one game. They have never been the greatest D team ever. The offense is bread and butter 🧈
I need to see more games.
Also how big is this team they are playing.

Rville will have to hold on to the ball and zero center/QB blunders. We looked like we improved in that area last few weeks.
Go Black Knights!
I don't think the Knights pull this out, but controlling the time of possession and make them make a few mistakes and you never know.

I need to see more games.
Also how big is this team they are playing.
The team Rabun Gap are playing in that video is Valor Christian, the same high school Christian McCaffrey went to, they're usually a powerhouse team in Colorado.

People talking about Rabun Gap not looking all that good or all that fast need to consider the level of competition Rabun Gap are playing, which is high level.

Last edited:
The team Rabun Gap are playing in that video is Valor Christian, the same high school Christian McCaffrey went to, they're usually a powerhouse team in Colorado.

People talking about Rabun Gap not looking all that good or all that fast, need to consider the level of competition Rabun Gap are playing, which is high level.
Valor is 1-3

A

and still better than anyone you will play! We could have beat Alleghany 50-0!
Could have?? Then why didn’t you. You have beaten two 2-2 teams a 1-3 team and a 1-4 team and beating your chest. Man that SMC conference is so good. Wow. We play a team that beat Allegheny 42-0 last week lets see what happens then you can talk.

Ashe is 3A AND WERE 4-0 NIGHT BEARS PLAYED THEM! Don't worry MA will get validity by seasons end just like last year! Same crap was said this time last season.
My apologies. I will make a note of that. I have been out of the mix for a few years and may need to go back to the sideline.

I think it is fair to say that Ashe was not a strong opponent. I know the last few years they have beaten the Wilkes schools and that is about it. I know JK is from up in that area so probably easy to line up a game with them. Just prefer to see a team of MA's caliber step out against a few solid opponents. I think it is fair to say that a few of their non conference opponents did not offer the MA starters much ocompetition.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
My apologies. I will make a note of that. I have been out of the mix for a few years and may need to go back to the sideline.

I think it is fair to say that Ashe was not a strong opponent. I know the last few years they have beaten the Wilkes schools and that is about it. I know JK is from up in that area so probably easy to line up a game with them. Just prefer to see a team of MA's caliber step out against a few solid opponents. I think it is fair to say that a few of their non conference opponents did not offer the MA starters much ocompeti
I do know MA has asked bigger schools with good programs to play and have gotten turned down this includes va schools. And JK is from Morganton area!

In the past I know MA has played Reidsville and Thomasville and would love to get back to that but with the way conferences are now doesn’t leave much opportunity. We will never drop North or East Surry to big of a rivalry and both those teams will end up 8-3 or better. Might end up in the same conference when realignment happens and that will open up opportunities for a different schedule. For now we just take care of whoever is lined up in front of us.

Reactions: sbbbfan
I do know MA has asked bigger schools with good programs to play and have gotten turned down this includes va schools. And JK is from Morganton area!
I should have been more specific. Yes from Morganton (by way of WVA) and coached at Patton. Was also the HC at East Wilkes for a few seasons which is what I was referencing.

I hope to God Robbinsville gets MA in playoffs and idc if they play in parking lot! I'm going to say it here.....if MA is healthy going into that game Nights will get worse loss of the year! That is me saying that not the players coaches etc just me a fan. Have a lot of respect for Robbinsville and whole SMC but Bears are at a different level from last year. And we would all love to see Bears play a team like the mighty Raben Gap team. BTW didn't East Surry score on yall? An East Surry coach told me after seeing both teams play MA by 4 scores. Also how did you not beat our third or fourth best team in our conference by more than 35-7??? Yall have hyped this Raben Gap team up so much......excuses have begun! TBH Murphy and Swain worry me more than yall. I think you have at least two losses in regular season.
Please go back to hiding. Things were better on here without your yapping.

In the past I know MA has played Reidsville and Thomasville and would love to get back to that but with the way conferences are now doesn’t leave much opportunity. We will never drop North or East Surry to big of a rivalry and both those teams will end up 8-3 or better. Might end up in the same conference when realignment happens and that will open up opportunities for a different schedule. For now we just take care of whoever is lined up in front of us.
In fairness to MA they have one Friday to find an opponent.

I agree that robbinsville vs Murphy will be a good game but the rest won't be a cake walk. Swain us pretty good this year and if Andrews gets healthy they won't be a push over game. Last year's game with Hayesville was pretty close and people from Hayesville are saying they are a better team than last year's.
Hate to say it but Andrews doesn’t have anything for Robbinsville this year.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Tell Mt Airy to call when they want to play good teams. We will be waiting.
calling homer simpson GIF
Calling Bad Hair GIF by lbjlibrary
Calling The Blacklist GIF by NBC
We working on it now!

Mount Airy will be around for a while the pipeline is loaded. And you can take this to the bank Mount Airy is not worried about any SMC team this year whether we play you home or there.

Hate to say it but Andrews doesn’t have anything for Robbinsville this year.
If you look at everyone schedule all have played teams with losing records. Smoky Mtn only win is against Cherokee. Playing all the Christian Academies gives good record but not impressive with the wins. Swain only good opponent was Tuscola. I am just not impressed with the others in conference besides Murphy and Robbinsville. This is why putting oowp into rpi is important.

Reactions: buzzcoach
We know you don’t want to play Mount Airy BK that is alright but if you gonna make it to the state championship it comes through the bears. See you in playoffs hopefully

• Haha
I agree with this. Swain's defense looks really good and I think they may beat Murphy this year to come into Big Oaks looking for a SMC Championship.
I know looking at scores against a common opponent doesn’t always guarantee anything, but Swain barely escaped with their lives at Smoky Mtn. Murphy beat Smoky by 22. Just saying. Murphy followed that up by beating a solid Fannin Ga team 21-14. Dogs are young but getting better and gaining more and more confidence with each passing week.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mbulld and sbbbfan
I am sure 2025 schedule will have some openings. Just curious as to why you booked Alleghany the last two years if you were looking for stiff competition. Not knocking Alleghany but those guys ain't afraid of anyone and usually end up traveling to the mtns come playoff time.

• Wow
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT