ADVERTISEMENT

Rabun Gap @ Robbinsville

The financial aid is the "scholarship."

The wealthy students and most likely all (or the vast majority of) the international students are paying full whack.
Well according to their websites they offer like 5 or so scholarships but they don't list on for athletes. They list scholarships and grants separately looks like they offer low income grants I assume similar to a low income grant in college that my daughters got because I've been widowed since they were 5 & 6 so just one income then while they were in college I became disabled and couldn't work anymore.

Reactions: Purple1995
Don’t seem fair to our
Rabun Gap has 680 students 7th-12th grade. Considered CLASS 1A. Private College Prep school. Tuition is 59,200 boarding or 22,500 day students. Have players on roster from NC, SC, GA GERMANY, UK, CHINA, KOREA, TURKEY, BELGIUM, FRANCE, MEXICO, MISSISSIPPI, PORTUGAL, GHANA AND CANADA! 90 miles from Atlanta in Blue Ridge Mountains.
public schools for this crap to be allowed

• Haha
Reactions: UNC1980Swo
Oh ye of little faith !!
I’ve seen many a top team come into Big Oaks and leave disappointed.
What are the best non conference and non playoff opponent teams that have visited Big Oaks.

Last edited:
I am hoping Rville takes it to the private school and their all star lineup. Always will root for the traditional public schools over privates, charters and such.
Me too brother! Mr. Adams struck me as a young man of strong faith in his interview this summer. I hope they are all reading 1st Samuel 17:49! They need to forget about how strong or tough their opponent is. They need to focus on how strong they are and who drives them to perform that way. I think they are gonna pull this off! I am thinking about driving down from West Virginia to watch it? Will it be on any news or social media to watch?

GO KNIGHTS!

Me too brother! Mr. Adams struck me as a young man of strong faith in his interview this summer. I hope they are all reading 1st Samuel 17:49! They need to forget about how strong or tough their opponent is. They need to focus on how strong they are and who drives them to perform that way. I think they are gonna pull this off! I am thinking about driving down from West Virginia to watch it? Will it be on any news or social media to watch?

GO KNIGHTS!
Come on down!

GO KNIGHTS!
Grahamstarsports.com $6.99

Reactions: RealStihl
Tell all the ranking systems that, they have RG top ten in NC.

When da bears grow a set big enough to play a team of that caliber the talk can begin
Until then I would just be quiet
I hope to God Robbinsville gets MA in playoffs and idc if they play in parking lot! I'm going to say it here.....if MA is healthy going into that game Nights will get worse loss of the year! That is me saying that not the players coaches etc just me a fan. Have a lot of respect for Robbinsville and whole SMC but Bears are at a different level from last year. And we would all love to see Bears play a team like the mighty Raben Gap team. BTW didn't East Surry score on yall? An East Surry coach told me after seeing both teams play MA by 4 scores. Also how did you not beat our third or fourth best team in our conference by more than 35-7??? Yall have hyped this Raben Gap team up so much......excuses have begun! TBH Murphy and Swain worry me more than yall. I think you have at least two losses in regular season.

As with every other thread this year - We’ve now entered the “Mount Airy is better than everyone” portion of the thread.

When da bears grow a set big enough to play a team of that caliber the talk can begin

No sir he said if MA gets the balls blah blah! He talked trash about MA so i responded! We not ones puts MA in every post until provoked!!

Reactions: kingbluedevil
As with every other thread this year - We’ve now entered the “Mount Airy is better than everyone” portion of the thread.
We were talking about this great game until someone thru MA into it. I hope Robbinsville comes out of this game healthy. Conference starts next week and they have Murphy in two weeks. That is game I am interested in. Rest of the SMC will be a cakewalk.

MaxPreps has RG #2.

I agree rankings are crap. They have MA 31st in state.
If Mt Airy had played a team with a winning record it would give them more validity.

I get the in county North and South Surry plus Surry Central games but why are they playing Ashe County which is over sixty miles travel. Definitely not a gate game. MA may have reached out to others for a game and this weak 2A opponent is the best that was available.

*****CORRECTION. Ashe County is 3A and they were undefeated going into the MA game. Three wins in 2022 and one win in 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: kingbluedevil

If Mt Airy had played a team with a winning record it would give them more validity.

I get the in county North and South Surry plus Surry Central games but why are they playing Ashe County which is over sixty miles travel. Definitely not a gate game. MA may have reached out to others for a game and this weak 2A opponent is the best that was available.
Ashe is 3A AND WERE 4-0 NIGHT BEARS PLAYED THEM! Don't worry MA will get validity by seasons end just like last year! Same crap was said this time last season.

GO KNIGHTS!
I am right there with whoever it was that said they wanted robbinsville to with Rabun gap. In the day of charter schools and other crap that is being allowed it's okay to play a private school. At least they're not one of these charters. I just like to see robbinsville whip their tail. With all their fancy smancy crap. Go nights. Wear them out

We were talking about this great game until someone thru MA into it. I hope Robbinsville comes out of this game healthy. Conference starts next week and they have Murphy in two weeks. That is game I am interested in. Rest of the SMC will be a cakewalk.
I agree that robbinsville vs Murphy will be a good game but the rest won't be a cake walk. Swain us pretty good this year and if Andrews gets healthy they won't be a push over game. Last year's game with Hayesville was pretty close and people from Hayesville are saying they are a better team than last year's.

Reactions: BK13T-$
I agree that robbinsville vs Murphy will be a good game but the rest won't be a cake walk. Swain us pretty good this year and if Andrews gets healthy they won't be a push over game. Last year's game with Hayesville was pretty close and people from Hayesville are saying they are a better team than last year's.
I agree with Hayesville also they are playing good ball! Swains D looks really good.

Reactions: RexReally
I agree about RG defense but it's one game. They have never been the greatest D team ever. The offense is bread and butter 🧈
I need to see more games.
Also how big is this team they are playing.

Rville will have to hold on to the ball and zero center/QB blunders. We looked like we improved in that area last few weeks.
Go Black Knights!

Reactions: RealStihl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT