ADVERTISEMENT

Rabun Gap @ Robbinsville

I am sure 2025 schedule will have some openings. Just curious as to why you booked Alleghany the last two years if you were looking for stiff competition. Not knocking Alleghany but those guys ain't afraid of anyone and usually end up traveling to the mtns come playoff time.
Good point!

I hope to God Robbinsville gets MA in playoffs and idc if they play in parking lot! I'm going to say it here.....if MA is healthy going into that game Nights will get worse loss of the year! That is me saying that not the players coaches etc just me a fan. Have a lot of respect for Robbinsville and whole SMC but Bears are at a different level from last year. And we would all love to see Bears play a team like the mighty Raben Gap team. BTW didn't East Surry score on yall? An East Surry coach told me after seeing both teams play MA by 4 scores. Also how did you not beat our third or fourth best team in our conference by more than 35-7??? Yall have hyped this Raben Gap team up so much......excuses have begun! TBH Murphy and Swain worry me more than yall. I think you have at least two losses in regular season.
Careful. Robbinsville has a stable of great running backs (big backs, fast backs, quick backs, you name it, they got it) and a big stout OL. They are absolutely the team to beat in the SMC this year. They will not be an easy out for anyone in the playoffs.

Careful. Robbinsville has a stable of great running backs (big backs, fast backs, quick backs, you name it, they got it) and a big stout OL. They are absolutely the team to beat in the SMC this year. They will not be an easy out for anyone in the playoffs.
You can’t tell them anything. They’ve ruined this message board. Murphy and Swain may give em a game too. Heck who knows. The might be put out in the first round if they go in overconfident. For the My Airy posters that know how to reason, it sucks. Buzz and a couple other guys are ruining it for them.

You can’t tell them anything. They’ve ruined this message board. Murphy and Swain may give em a game too. Heck who knows. The might be put out in the first round if they go in overconfident. For the My Airy posters that know how to reason, it sucks. Buzz and a couple other guys are ruining it for them.
Just let them think what they want. It’ll just make it better for y’all if you knock them off in the playoffs.

I think the conference has been to the state championship 5 of the last 6 years. Your best got eliminated by Draughn and Mitchell the last two years in embarrassing games.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
How about y’all try walking the walk longer than a couple years then we will talk.
Yeah yall dont beat your chest at all!!!! You talk about me and other posters smh!!! So sick of hearing about how great yawl were!!!!!!! We are here and now! SMC should have a wing in the NC sports Hall Of Fame in Raleigh! We get it already SMC best High School Football ever in history of the world yall have 453 rings and no one else can compare!!!!

Yeah yall dont beat your chest at all!!!! You talk about me and other posters smh!!! So sick of hearing about how great yawl were!!!!!!! We are here and now! SMC should have a wing in the NC sports Hall Of Fame in Raleigh! We get it already SMC best High School Football ever in history of the world yall have 453 rings and no one else can compare!!!!
Looks like you finally came to your senses. Thank goodness the Tarboro posters are nothing like y’all.

I am sure 2025 schedule will have some openings. Just curious as to why you booked Alleghany the last two years if you were looking for stiff competition. Not knocking Alleghany but those guys ain't afraid of anyone and usually end up traveling to the mtns come playoff time.
They called us wanting to play.

Reactions: BK13T-$
Could have?? Then why didn’t you. You have beaten two 2-2 teams a 1-3 team and a 1-4 team and beating your chest. Man that SMC conference is so good. Wow. We play a team that beat Allegheny 42-0 last week lets see what happens then you can talk.
You sound like a player so ill take the high road. But for what its worth its called CLASS! Something a few of your fans are clueless about. i dont know why people continue to post on here because if you say anything good about your team, those same fans get their feelings hurt and hijack the thread with their memes and crap! If you say anything good about the team you're playing, those same fans get their feelings hurt and, yep, you guessed it, they hijack the thread again!

Reactions: BK13T-$ and Mbulld
We walk the walk. We don’t have to beat our chests. The State Championship rings do that for us. Close to 35 rings between Murphy, Swain and the Ville.
Love how an Andrews grad is claiming rings from Murphy, Swain, and Robbinsville

Reactions: therealsquid
Love how an Andrews grad is claiming rings from Murphy, Swain, and Robbinsville
Graduation means nothing. My Wife and I and our daughter make Robbinsville our home and have for the past 6 years. My kids will be Black Knights. I am all Black Knight and have been for a while now. Andrews has 5 rings of their own. Why is my fanhood a big deal to you?

You are ignorant
Mt Airy knows fans are pulling hard for Robbinsville to lose this one. Or most of them are. Gives them the best shot to have a home game if we were to face them in the West Regional Finals. Even then it may not be enough if Robbinsville were to win out the rest of the year.

I was able to see RG play Mays down in Georgia. I was disappointed with RG based on what I had heard. Granted based only one game, and I do not know enough about Robbinsville but I do not see them stopping Providence Day at all.

I was able to see RG play Mays down in Georgia. I was disappointed with RG based on what I had heard. Granted based only one game, and I do not know enough about Robbinsville but I do not see them stopping Providence Day at all.
You have been around the top football in the state so you know the talent level. Providence Day is loaded with talented skill played and has some big time linemen just not as much depth there as the skills.

You have been around the top football in the state so you know the talent level. Providence Day is loaded with talented skill played and has some big time linemen just not as much depth there as the skills.
They beat RG 24-21 last year

They beat RG 24-21 last year
PDay appears to have taken it up a step this season. P Day was strong last year but seemed a bit inconsistent. Hearing they have more depth and the experience is catching up with the talent. The win against Northwestern (Rock Hill) was very impressive as was the margin of victory against Charlotte Catholic.

PDay appears to have taken it up a step this season. P Day was strong last year but seemed a bit inconsistent. Hearing they have more depth and the experience is catching up with the talent. The win against Northwestern (Rock Hill) was very impressive as was the margin of victory against Charlotte Catholic.
Schools that can and do recruit can change drastically from one year to the next. Just look at Colorado.

Reactions: buzzcoach
We were talking about this great game until someone thru MA into it. I hope Robbinsville comes out of this game healthy. Conference starts next week and they have Murphy in two weeks. That is game I am interested in. Rest of the SMC will be a cakewalk.
I wouldn't call it a cakewalk... I'm not sure how long its been but the SMC has a winning record going into conference play. No team has 2 losses and their record are as follow:

Murphy 3-1
Andrews 3-1
Hayesville 4-1
Cherokee 4-1
Robbinsville 4-0
Swain 4-0

The conference is a combined 22-4. Does anyone know when the last time that's happen? This is no cakewalk in the SMC this year.. I believe any team is capable of beating anyone on any given Friday night. Before Robbinsville can even think about MA.. they first need to get through the Gauntlet of this conference.. that is no easy task this year.

I wouldn't call it a cakewalk... I'm not sure how long its been but the SMC has a winning record going into conference play. No team has 2 losses and their record are as follow:

Murphy 3-1
Andrews 3-1
Hayesville 4-1
Cherokee 4-1
Robbinsville 4-0
Swain 4-0

The conference is a combined 22-4. Does anyone know when the last time that's happen? This is no cakewalk in the SMC this year.. I believe any team is capable of beating anyone on any given Friday night. Before Robbinsville can even think about MA.. they first need to get through the Gauntlet of this conference.. that is no easy task this year.
I realize the records they have and have also looked at opponents records.

I realize the records they have and have also looked at opponents records.
Regardless, a win is a win. Having that kind of record is impressive and typically each year, all SMC teams usually plays the same out of conference opponents or if not the same ones.. they are usually bigger schools then 1A... so looking at their opponents records can be a bit mis-leading if they are playing higher classification schools.

Regardless, a win is a win. Having that kind of record is impressive and typically each year, all SMC teams usually plays the same out of conference opponents or if not the same ones.. they are usually bigger schools then 1A... so looking at their opponents records can be a bit mis-leading if they are playing higher classification schools.
LMAO........SO a MA win is nothing if opponents are weak records but ,the mighty SMC you say a win is a win???? You guys kill me!!!!!!!!!! And you say bc they play bigger schools than 1A WELL duce Ma has played 1 -3A school that was undefeated at the time, 3 -2A schools!! Running clock in every game at Half.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT