ADVERTISEMENT

Rabun Gap @ Robbinsville

RG 14
RV 00.
Halftime

Robbinsville was inside the 20 twice and inside the 10 once.

RG trying onside kicks.

I think we have done good. A few mistakes but getting better each week.

RG doesn't play kids both ways. Probably wear us down as the game goes on.
What happened in the red zone the 3 times you were in it? How are the boys lookin? Down or they look ready for more and to keep fighting??? Go Knight’s!!!

• Haha
Reactions: UNC1980Swo
RG 14
RV 00.
Halftime

Robbinsville was inside the 20 twice and inside the 10 once.

RG trying onside kicks.

I think we have done good. A few mistakes but getting better each week.

RG doesn't play kids both ways. Probably wear us down as the game goes on.
They got quite a few boys sucking wind still.
Their big 4 star DE is limping a little going into locker room. They know they’re in a fight at least.

How did the kid that’s a Sophomore from Rabun look. He is already ranked in the top 20 in the Country for his class. Looks like he is originally from Baltimore, Maryland.

How did the kid that’s a Sophomore from Rabun look. He is already ranked in the top 20 in the Country for his class. Looks like he is originally from Baltimore, Maryland.

He is a monster. But honesty I thought our OL did a good job of keeping him out of the backfield. We werent able to run the ball up the middle a whole lot against them. Their line as a whole was fantastic but I thought we held our own pretty well. Another good thing is we seemed to come out of the game healthy. I think we only had one come out with injury but I believe he re-entered the game.

His NIL value is listed at 87k right now as wel lol.
For those who don’t want to follow the link,
Kid has offers from:
Georgia
Michigan
Maryland
BC
NC State
VT
Jackson State
Colorado
Ole Miss
Texas A&M
Alabama
Syracuse
Charlotte
Michigan State
Wisconsin
ND
Florida State
LSU
And a couple more smaller schools.

Just wanted to update about this Rabun Gap team: they played #1 overall ranked Providence Day at Providence Day and beat them 42-27 on the 20th.

Until then PD had been ranked above Grimsley, Butler, Weddington, etc but RGN put it to them. They’re really good.

Hungry Gossip GIF by giphystudios2021

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
Just wanted to update about this Rabun Gap team: they played #1 overall ranked Providence Day at Providence Day and beat them 42-27 on the 20th.

Until then PD had been ranked above Grimsley, Butler, Weddington, etc but RGN put it to them. They’re really good.
RG's interior lines are elite. QB is very good. One receiver is elite, others are good. Two very solid RBs. Overall very good squad. Qaulity depth is an issue.

Providence Day is loaded at the skill positions, probably the best group of receivers I have seen in high school, but they are not on the level of RG in the trenches. I look forward to the rematch.

If the game is not winnable after halftime I would sit my running backs no use to risk injuries in this game. Sounds like the running backs are the key for Robbinsville to win championship.

Realy dont look as fast and good as yall hyping them to be. D not very disiplined!

I hope to God Robbinsville gets MA in playoffs and idc if they play in parking lot! I'm going to say it here.....if MA is healthy going into that game Nights will get worse loss of the year! That is me saying that not the players coaches etc just me a fan. Have a lot of respect for Robbinsville and whole SMC but Bears are at a different level from last year. And we would all love to see Bears play a team like the mighty Raben Gap team. BTW didn't East Surry score on yall? An East Surry coach told me after seeing both teams play MA by 4 scores. Also how did you not beat our third or fourth best team in our conference by more than 35-7??? Yall have hyped this Raben Gap team up so much......excuses have begun! TBH Murphy and Swain worry me more than yall. I think you have at least two losses in regular season.

After watching this video, I am in agreement.

Could have?? Then why didn’t you. You have beaten two 2-2 teams a 1-3 team and a 1-4 team and beating your chest. Man that SMC conference is so good. Wow. We play a team that beat Allegheny 42-0 last week lets see what happens then you can talk.

I was able to see RG play Mays down in Georgia. I was disappointed with RG based on what I had heard. Granted based only one game, and I do not know enough about Robbinsville but I do not see them stopping Providence Day at all.

Based on what I’ve seen and I’m not a football expert by any means - but i would say RG is probably the best team any 1A in the entire state will play this year.

Credit to Robbinsville for scheduling them!

Take away the 2 holding penalties this game is at least tied at the half. Pretty impressed with the team speed of robbinsville

So highlights from this thread that may not age well.

Its just funny how yall keep posting about this game! We get it yall got beat by a better team it happens. Swain would beat yall if not for the pick 6 Adams had in the Ez. Swain should scored there and won game. I have seen swain and robb play twice.......yall have nothing for MA TRUST ME NOTHING!

I go back to Davidson Day, which was nowhere near equal to RG on the O and D Line, and the trashing they gave Albemarle, 61-6. Albemarle was had passed the elite glory days in 2013 but the were good enough to make it to the regional final where Murphy smoked them. DD was a passing machine with a sophisticated O that had not been seen by a 1A team in NC and Albemarle was not prepared for the looks. DD was super fast on D and used multiple looks causing major issues. I do not see that difference with RG in 2023 but their line play is superb.

Note to people saying a no call here or there on Robbinsaville would have made it a tie game early. Some very questionable calls late kept it from being a much larger spread.

As I have written I expected Providence Day to be able to get the ball out quick causing RG to drop a backer but they did not do so and when the vertical game was not established it changed the whole game along with two huge hits causing fumbles on the QB,

Its just funny how yall keep posting about this game! We get it yall got beat by a better team it happens. Swain would beat yall if not for the pick 6 Adams had in the Ez. Swain should scored there and won game. I have seen swain and robb play twice.......yall have nothing for MA TRUST ME NOTHING!
It’s funny how that pick six thing works…. If not for the pick six, swains offense would have never reached the end zone. You make an argument to fit your narrative. Like I’ve said numerous times, Mt Airy may beat us. If they do, I hope they bring it home to the west. If they don’t, you boys got a lot of crow to eat.

I go back to Davidson Day, which was nowhere near equal to RG on the O and D Line, and the trashing they gave Albemarle, 61-6. Albemarle was had passed the elite glory days in 2013 but the were good enough to make it to the regional final where Murphy smoked them. DD was a passing machine with a sophisticated O that had not been seen by a 1A team in NC and Albemarle was not prepared for the looks. DD was super fast on D and used multiple looks causing major issues. I do not see that difference with RG in 2023 but their line play is superb.

Note to people saying a no call here or there on Robbinsaville would have made it a tie game early. Some very questionable calls late kept it from being a much larger spread.

As I have written I expected Providence Day to be able to get the ball out quick causing RG to drop a backer but they did not do so and when the vertical game was not established it changed the whole game along with two huge hits causing fumbles on the QB,
Good thing Robb pulled there starters in 3 qrt they may got back in this game!

• Haha
Reactions: Bearmod1
My question is just how strong is the Independent Division in NCHS FB?
Providence Day and Rabun Gap are both elite high school teams. PD on can beat any team in NC. I think they would be a threat in the 4A playoffs but the drag of a 16 game season going against the type of competition they would meet could cause some issues due to depth. Also, the physicality of some teams could cause problems but do not think they see much better than RG. RG is built better to play those teams due to the line play but they do not have the dynamic niche PD does with their offense.

Look at the amount of P5 players that have played at the Big 4 (Christian, Country Day, Latin, Providence Day). Very impressive. Every major college recruits those schools. Impressive footballers that will not struggle academically. There are years the best team in that league would be in it to win it in the 4A/4AA playoffs.

I would say the same thing based on seeing them that one game against Mays, which looks to be their worst played game. I have no idea if they were missing anyone or their circumstances then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT