ADVERTISEMENT

Let's roll Crest......you know we can do it

Crest9496

Gold Member
Jul 2, 2003
That's right.....we have a championship defense. We just need a little consistency on offense starting with the OL. Maybe a change here and there and we're ready to roll. It appears we'll be traveling after next week baring an upset. We all know our crowd is loud and proud on the road. It's time to get behind our team, get into the game, make some noise and IF we go down, lets go down swinging. Our coaches are working hard and our players are showing heart.......let's do it!!!!!! Who wants to play Crest........it's time.

Reactions: smashmouth5
I will get behind the players but not those coaches hope there is a change next year

That's right.....we have a championship defense. We just need a little consistency on offense starting with the OL. Maybe a change here and there and we're ready to roll. It appears we'll be traveling after next week baring an upset. We all know our crowd is loud and proud on the road. It's time to get behind our team, get into the game, make some noise and IF we go down, lets go down swinging. Our coaches are working hard and our players are showing heart.......let's do it!!!!!! Who wants to play Crest........it's time.
So what say you all about the possible 2nd round match up of Crest vs West Rowan? West has a very good defense yet the offense struggles depending on how the O-line plays. I have heard Crest is very good on the defensive side as well. May be a close game.

Well thing I suppose me and half the people in the stands fell the same, heck if people went to see these coaches coach there would on be family members in the stands

Maimad1, the team finished 8-3 with the #1 3a seed from SMAC. Other than the KM upset, where do you have issues with the staff?

I like Cam dropping back in the pocket more than rolling out. I also liked his designed run plays in the Shelby game. Doing these two things well can help a struggling offensive line. If we can get 21 points we can play with or beat anyone in this 3a!!

Reactions: 72 State Champion
Well thing I suppose me and half the people in the stands fell the same, heck if people went to see these coaches coach there would on be family members in the stands

I have always felt that you support EVERYONE during the season. Afterwards, you can be more objectively critical based on the full season's body of work.

Reactions: Crest9496
I'm picking Crest to be in the State Championship again this year, I love a defensive minded team in the playoffs, so don't let me down! :)

Reactions: marsgreen
If crest makes it to state....wow, but I guess stranger things have happened...still the 3A champion comes from the East this year. The West is so Weak! The crest 2010, 2011, and 2013 teams would roll the west this year. Still best of luck. I meant it. I'm cheering for the power ponies. The mountaineers might make a little noise themselves.

I think West Rowan and Crest are very similar. Not their best of years but still tuff. Both are defensive teams with average offenses. If we can get past Freedom a West Rowan vs Crest watch up would be interesting.

I think West Rowan and Crest are very similar. Not their best of years but still tuff. Both are defensive teams with average offenses. If we can get past Freedom a West Rowan vs Crest watch up would be interesting.

One game t a time....but I do like our chances this week. WR will be a TUFF one for the Chargers....

It is called spoiled rotten.
My point is....support what you got. It's not a good idea to be negative on a message board especially during the season. Yep we are spoiled BUT we are the Chargers and we expect to win......

2nd round exit for the Chargers. Everyone in Cleveland County likes Shelby better anyway. Less distractions this year!

I'm calling it now. West Rowan will win this bracket!!!!
That's not really going out on a limb. The bracket as a whole in not overly stacked. Hibriten is pretty strong but that 28-27 win over Watuga was not very impressive. Several teams have a shot in the 3A West Bracket.

I'm calling it now. West Rowan will win this bracket!!!!
I agree West Rowan or Hibriten.....Crest is TURRIBLE this year. SP sucks as well. Go ahead crown 'em western 3A champs. Just hoping we can slide by ER and maybe an upset by Freedom would give us a chance to go to rd three. Crest is young and inexperienced, with two little sophomore RBs, OL averages 5-8" 193 lbs and the defense is overrated. We have a great WR, an AA LB and a winning tradition. No need to fear Crest....we're just not very good. Can't wait till next year........and the year after

Reactions: Crestuff
I agree West Rowan or Hibriten.....Crest is TURRIBLE this year. SP sucks as well. Go ahead crown 'em western 3A champs. Just hoping we can slide by ER and maybe an upset by Freedom would give us a chance to go to rd three. Crest is young and inexperienced, with two little sophomore RBs, OL averages 5-8" 193 lbs and the defense is overrated. We have a great WR, an AA LB and a winning tradition. No need to fear Crest....we're just not very good. Can't wait till next year........and the year after
If Crest is ever going to win a bracket with a little less talent than usual this is the year.No dominant team in the west.

If Crest is ever going to win a bracket with a little less talent than usual this is the year.No dominant team in the west.

IDK....Hibriten could be that dominant team. I think they're vastly underrated. Just because expectations and tradition aren't the same as Crest, SP, WR, doesn't mean they can't run the table. I think Hibriten is a really good FB team.

Reactions: beamer24
IDK....Hibriten could be that dominant team. I think they're vastly underrated. Just because expectations and tradition aren't the same as Crest, SP, WR, doesn't mean they can't run the table. I think Hibriten is a really good FB team.
Strength of schedule is what hurts hibriten. But it's about to get tougher so we shall see.

Hibriten has rolled everyone except Watauga.... and showed a lot by making halftime adjustments and shutting them down in the second half. Maiden was no freebie and they beat Freedom as bad as Shelby beat Freedom. Hibriten is your Huckleberry!!
They are the team you are looking for!

yeah Hibriten's SOS reminds me of Crest back in the old NWC days when we won state championships.....folks used to say "they don't play anybody"

Reactions: patsfball
I think anyone who takes Hibriten lightly will be trouble (I think we did in last year's 1st round, and got our tails kicked). They pretty much have the same team back from last year. They are physical and remind me a lot of South Point, same offense.

Me, Footsoldier, 71relic and Bamatide took in the Hibriten /Tuscola game back a few years ago. Electric atmosphere and I have never been as cold as I was that night...

I think they pumped in Cold air from the artic ..... Visitors side tiny, but the place is a great spot to watch some high school football

Ok, memories over with , back to this season :)

You are way too
2nd round exit for the Chargers. Everyone in Cleveland County likes Shelby better anyway. Less distractions this year!
As long as that is at West Rowan in the second round I'll take it!

Me, Footsoldier, 71relic and Bamatide took in the Hibriten /Tuscola game back a few years ago. Electric atmosphere and I have never been as cold as I was that night...

I think they pumped in Cold air from the artic ..... Visitors side tiny, but the place is a great spot to watch some high school football

Ok, memories over with , back to this season :)
This team is close talent wise to that 09 team hopefully it's a different outcome this year.;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT