ADVERTISEMENT

Hendersonville new coach

You have not posted in years, and you come with this. Stop the rumors.

It maybe a rumor what he said. But, I don't think he's wrong. If any school doesn't hire who the kids want kids will leave period that has been proven. Example Page, even though coach rob is great, they left to Grimsley

If notashelbyfan was referencing the Crest coach that just left he'd be mistaken on experience. I'm pretty sure he was an assistant at Richmond County before being very successful at WM. He's a good coach and a good person. He will do well at his next gig.

Coach Sosebee , I know you’re reading this stuff. I know it. Just come on down the hill. We got your back. We got it everywhere even in the parking lot. I ain’t kidding. You’re coming into the frying pan Coach. You’re going to coach 6 Time.

You ain’t got to win them all. Most of them will do.

WELCOME!

Last edited:
If notashelbyfan was referencing the Crest coach that just left he'd be mistaken on experience. I'm pretty sure he was an assistant at Richmond County before being very successful at WM. He's a good coach and a good person. He will do well at his next gig.
He was just in over his head at Crest, the move from 1a to 3a is huge in terms of quality of talent you are coaching against. Then you add expectations and it's overwhelming. Crest and a lot of other schools is not the place on the job training.

You will see in the first day of practice the difference culture change. Sometimes with games he was coaching it almost looked as if they had to work so hard with getting his game plains implemented that they had to let the little par of the game suffer. We were the worst we had been in years on special teams, and just simple stuff like clock management.

When you have times where you have to call 2 timeouts with the game clock stopped to get the right players on the field and a play called there is an issue. That's inexperience any way you slice it!

Reactions: shtndark
Where would the Hendo kids go? Can’t see them going anywhere else in Henderson County….
There have always been a few kids from Hendersonville who end up at East, North or West, and vise versa. Kalin Ensley comes to mind. Gavin Gosnell, Hendersonville's stud QB who just signed with USF, originally started at East Henderson.

There have always been a few kids from Hendersonville who end up at East, North or West, and vise versa. Kalin Ensley comes to mind. Gavin Gosnell, Hendersonville's stud QB who just signed with USF, originally started at East Henderson.
the RB collington kid comes to mind too, started at hendersonville as a freshman then transferred to north henderson

The last one was 1a and he had no experience outside of that level. Sosbee has big school and higher level experience.
Agreed. This coach isn’t as much of an outsider with the lack of knowledge of what is expected here. He knows this county well and was 2-0 from the last two years. He put us and Shelby out in back to back years. Solid hire and if anyone disagrees it’s a a simple case of being a hater. Burns has scrimmaged Hendo in 7 on 7 as well and from what little I know of him on a personal level, you got a good one.

Back to the discussion of Hendersonville's next coach, they need to hire from within if there is any chance of holding this thing together. If they look to an outsider, it's going to be a rebuild. That is the only way to continue the culture building effort that Sosebee started.

In my opinion, while Hendersonville has the talent to compete with anyone in 2A, they do not have a culture like Pisgah or Mountain Heritage. Some kids are not going to stay just because it's Hendersonville, if they have other opportunities that are more stable and can better showcase their abilities.

Back to the discussion of Hendersonville's next coach, they need to hire from within if there is any chance of holding this thing together. If they look to an outsider, it's going to be a rebuild. That is the only way to continue the culture building effort that Sosebee started.

In my opinion, while Hendersonville has the talent to compete with anyone in 2A, they do not have a culture like Pisgah or Mountain Heritage. Some kids are not going to stay just because it's Hendersonville, if they have other opportunities that are more stable and can better showcase their abilities.
I agree with you they must either hire somebody from within or they must hire somebody with ties to the school. Depending on that we'll see if they lose kids or not and if they do then how many

They gave Reidsville a nice scare last season for sure.

They gave Reidsville a nice scare last season for sure.
Hendersonville has always had the talent, one of the more talent dense schools in the state for it's size BUT the culture was always lacking. Sosebee was the closest I have ever seen to building a legitimate football culture at Hendo, with offseason workouts, offseason college camp visits as a team, fan engagement, etc. That is why I think they need to hire from within.

If not, the new coach is likely starting over with kids leaving looking for greener pastures.

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Hendersonville has always had the talent, one of the more talent dense schools in the state for it's size BUT the culture was always lacking. Sosebee was the closest I have ever seen to building a legitimate football culture at Hendo, with offseason workouts, offseason college camp visits as a team, fan engagement, etc. That is why I think they need to hire from within.

If not, the new coach is likely starting over with kids leaving looking for greener pastures.
Been hearing the next guy may be in canton

Been hearing the next guy may be in canton
Chappell immediately came to mind when I learned Sosebee was leaving. That would be a huge hire. He did wonders at East Henderson, knows the area, knows the culture. He would be one outsider I would take in a heartbeat if I were Hendo.

Chappell immediately came to mind when I learned Sosebee was leaving. That would be a huge hire. He did wonders at East Henderson, knows the area, knows the culture. He would be one outsider I would take in a heartbeat if I were Hendo.
What type of offense he is into. I’ve heard of him but not familiar with style

What type of offense he is into. I’ve heard of him but not familiar with style
He was run heavy at East BUT that was because he had Michael Angram (WNC's all time leading rusher) and Michael Robinson, 2 of the best RB's I've seen in this area. I assume his style would adapt to his players. Chappell was notorious for having well coached, hard nosed teams. East had some damn good teams back then. That '08 squad went to the 4th round.

He was run heavy at East BUT that was because he had Michael Angram (WNC's all time leading rusher) and Michael Robinson, 2 of the best RB's I've seen in this area. I assume his style would adapt to his players. Chappell was notorious for having well coached, hard nosed teams. East had some damn good teams back then. That '08 squad went to the 4th round.
I would assume since they don’t have a QB that they would be run heavy and play hard nosed defense

I would assume since they don’t have a QB that they would be run heavy and play hard nosed defense
How do you know what is at the school? How do any of yall know anything about a school that you most likely aren't a fan of??? Lol none of yall know, just pedaling speculatives.

How do you know what is at the school? How do any of yall know anything about a school that you most likely aren't a fan of??? Lol none of yall know, just pedaling speculatives.
Going off of what I hear brother and predicting. If they have a next man up then great and hope he has the best

..and here I thought post season the forum would be boring

giphy.gif

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT