ADVERTISEMENT

Hendersonville new coach

Don't agree. Brett had one of the primer programs in WNC when he was at East. He had more pure athletes at East than he has ever had at Pisgah. Michael Angram was one of the the best RB WNC has ever seen, if not the best. He's still WNC's all time leading rusher. Michael Robinson and Shack Davis were both 2,000 yard backs and played college football. Angram could have played anywhere he wanted if it weren't for grades and is now serving 11yrs in prison for a bank robbery in Hendersonville in 2018.

Brett had all three back to back to back over his 8yrs there, and won 67 games and 4 conference championships. He would do really well at Hendersonville.

This may be a time machine for many on here, it's really crazy to look back and remember how good some of those East Henderson teams were, seeing how bad they are now. They had some stud football players:

Michael Angram
jzwuew0kuowukwnd5zr9

Michael Robinson
87980539.jpg

Shack Davis

Him doing well at east is all well and good.

Ultimately that doesn't mean he fits the culture at Hendersonville. East and Hendersonville are totally different. Always have been, always will be.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Question would you like for somebody who is still on staff there to take over?
I just want the RIGHT coach. If that's on staff fine. If not, fine. I assume those coaches on staff will have first consideration for that spot though. That's just logical to me. I don't know that for sure though.

Not being a smart a$$ with this question at all. Why did your previous coach leave? Crest just hasn't talent had the level that they did for a lot of years. Not saying they didn't have talent because they did. Just seems like the Hendo well was pretty well filled with talent.

Not being a smart a$$ with this question at all. Why did your previous coach leave? Crest just hasn't talent had the level that they did for a lot of years. Not saying they didn't have talent because they did. Just seems like the Hendo well was pretty well filled with talent.

Hendo may have the better talent pool/ or just as good talent the last 3 years including this up coming season. But I don't think it will be sustainable. Crest will be the better move going forward.

Was referring to the big white corn feed boys that play line for all Mnt teams. Run right at them and can't move non athletic af
UNC91,
The level of disrespect and stereotyping you post with repeatedly is sad. You always make it a color thing. There are kids who are STUDS regardless of their race, color, where they are from, or what level ball they play. So small minded and ill informed.

UNC91,
The level of disrespect and stereotyping you post with repeatedly is sad. You always make it a color thing. There are kids who are STUDS regardless of their race, color, where they are from, or what level ball they play. So small minded and ill informed.
Lol very true tough guy. None are at Hendersonville. They move on and disappeare at the next level. Ask sunshine boy after next year. Kid won't never touch the field. You must be the head cheerleading coach. Stay in your lane 🤡

Lol very true tough guy. None are at Hendersonville. They move on and disappeare at the next level. Ask sunshine boy after next year. Kid won't never touch the field. You must be the head cheerleading coach. Stay in your lane 🤡
Deflection....seems about right for someone spewing the mess you do. Classic! Truth hurts don’t it big boy?

We typically always have talent...talent has never been an issue at Hendersonville. Size has always been an issue.

• Haha
You are truly a hater

Him doing well at east is all well and good.

Ultimately that doesn't mean he fits the culture at Hendersonville. East and Hendersonville are totally different. Always have been, always will be.
If that’s your standard, then every program is different from the next, and why would any coach be successful at various programs?

I’m not sure if you were around during the Chappell East days but what I will say is that those teams were by far the most comparable to the last 2 seasons I’ve seen out of Hendersonville, than at any one point from any other school in the county.

If that’s your standard, then every program is different from the next, and why would any coach be successful at various programs?

I’m not sure if you were around during the Chappell East days but what I will say is that those teams were by far the most comparable to the last 2 seasons I’ve seen out of Hendersonville, than at any one point from any other school in the county.
People close to admin at Hendersonville are saying Chappell is the front runner, old DC may go to crest with sosbee. His east teams were really good, he was able to steal a couple of kids from Hendersonville district which helps them a ton

• Haha

You would have to be in or from that area to understand I guess. I'm not saying he can't or won't. I'm just saying his past successes have nothing to do with this position.

I am sure that the hhs job is heavily sought out. He won't be the only qualified candidate. We don't know who is applying for that spot. It could be someone with better credentials than him.

My whole point is...NONE OF US KNOW haha.

I watched Hendersonville play a few times in the playoffs. Speed is not an issue, they are well coached . They don’t make a lot mistakes . Beating Shelby on any given year is big. That is a tribute to how good Shelby is year in and year out. Personally I think the best coach in the mountains is Joey Robinson over at Mtn Hertiage . The year Hendo beat Shelby , there was a controversial play the next week between Hendo and Mtn. Hertiage . I can’t remember every detail . It was in the red zone . Might need a Bearcat fan or Cougar fan to comment on that game .
If you say so brother. I've seen Hendersonville a few times in last 25 years, never once jumped off the paper with speed AT ALL. Coaching imo was their downfall...... He will embarrass Crested this year and be back at Hendersonville in a few years....

If notashelbyfan was referencing the Crest coach that just left he'd be mistaken on experience. I'm pretty sure he was an assistant at Richmond County before being very successful at WM. He's a good coach and a good person. He will do well at his next gig.
You beat me to it. Played at Anson when Anson was very formidable (beat Richmond County during his playing days there, too) and 8 years coaching at Richmond. I get that being an assistant and HC are different, but RC is just as crazy as Crest. We all know that.

• Haha
Lol they haven't had a superstar rb since the 60s keep dreaming
You're such a clown, spouting nonsense without any knowledge of the facts. John Paul Kimbrough was a stud back in high school and played at Duke in the early to mid 00's, same for Vincent Neclos who rushed for over 3,300 yards his senior year in '98 and played RB at Howard. They have had plenty of good backs dating back to Sam Gash in the mid 80's who played at Penn State and was an NFL All Pro fullback.

Last edited:
  • Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT