ADVERTISEMENT

Forest Hills vs Shelby

Upset maybe for FH.
FH is very young so having the season they are is pretty good. The team consists of mostly Juniors and sophmores. They may fall to Shelby but I'm honestly glad to see us back playing the level of football we played for so many years. Win or lose it's been a fun year again down here in Marshville. Maybe we should get Randy Travis to come sing the anthem for his old school Friday night (He dropped out early) or even Jodeci. Those guys went to FH also. 😆 🤣 😂

Hopefully we get back some sick players this week, last Fri was terrible showing,
Some to do with kids out, and that pitiful schedule we play.
I truly belive its a wake up call.
If not it be end of season.
To put the Burns game into perspective Shelby was missing 2400 all purpose yards and 22 touchdowns from the players who were out. Not making excuses just stateing facts.

After what I saw Friday night I have no confidence in Shelby. That was the worse I have ever seen a Shelby team. I think if this Forest hill team is what they appear they win going away. It’s not just the players the coaches looked like they were panicked also.

You do realize they had guys out
Yes I do ... but I’m talking about QB play was off (recivers didn’t help out either) and defense was bad. Lots of plays that Burns left on the table that was available. But hey I hope Shelby makes me eat my words ... I would be happy for them. You don’t go watch them as much as I have and not like what they do every year

Hopefully we get back some sick players this week, last Fri was terrible showing,
Some to do with kids out, and that pitiful schedule we play.
I truly belive its a wake up call.
If not it be end of season.

That defense hasn't woken up and it's too late for them to.

The offense has taken 2 steps back

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I will never rule out the tradition of Shelby football and their success. If they can make it through the first two rounds of the 2022 playoffs they could easily play for another state championship.

Not if Monroe/ East Surry still floating around out that bracket

Me plus Numerous fans belive if we switch few players around we're alot better on D.
But that's not up to us, they changed it in 1st quarter of Crest and they playing lights out 2nd quarter moved back and been same ever since.
And remember how bad we were 2nd half Crest

Me plus Numerous fans belive if we switch few players around we're alot better on D.
But that's not up to us, they changed it in 1st quarter of Crest and they playing lights out 2nd quarter moved back and been same ever since.
And remember how bad we were 2nd half Crest
Bleacher coaches with season tickets know better than everybody and all past coaches combined.

Idk if I'd call it that, but saw better play on D when that move was made at Crest..
Again not our call , it's coaches..
Do belive next season they need tackle drills

Idk if I'd call it that, but saw better play on D when that move was made at Crest..
Again not our call , it's coaches..
Do belive next season they need tackle drills
I've been told that tackle drills are a thing of the past. Not sure how true that is, but the reasoning is that it's the quickest way to get a player hurt in practice and it's not worth the risk. Game is just different now.

FH is very young so having the season they are is pretty good. The team consists of mostly Juniors and sophmores. They may fall to Shelby but I'm honestly glad to see us back playing the level of football we played for so many years. Win or lose it's been a fun year again down here in Marshville. Maybe we should get Randy Travis to come sing the anthem for his old school Friday night (He dropped out early) or even Jodeci. Those guys went to FH also. 😆 🤣 😂
Years ago FH played Shelby at Shelby and no one within 200 miles gave FH a chance. It was a great game and even better ride back to Marshville. That is why we play the game.

I've been told that tackle drills are a thing of the past. Not sure how true that is, but the reasoning is that it's the quickest way to get a player hurt in practice and it's not worth the risk. Game is just different now.
Yes sir that's what's Been told over and over, Lance started it for us, his thoughts were 2 many including your star players were at risk.
But dang kids can't tackle anymore.

Years ago FH played Shelby at Shelby and no one within 200 miles gave FH a chance. It was a great game and even better ride back to Marshville. That is why we play the game.
I was there that night. We were the underdogs and went home with the win so anything is possible. We were close to a three TD underdog to Monroe and for not a missed field we had them beat. Same against Charlotte Latin and Parkwood and FH won both of those.

Yall just beat each other up to make it easier on us in the 2nd round. Either one of y’all will be a tough 2nd round matchup for us.
I remember one of the best games I ever went to was the 1994 3A West Regional Final at FH vs Burns. Burns beat us in OT and then won the 3A Championship.

To put the Burns game into perspective Shelby was missing 2400 all purpose yards and 22 touchdowns from the players who were out. Not making excuses just stateing facts.
Here is some perspective: Burns 27 - Shelby 14, That's what the record book will show. You could get a rematch this year, that score should give your team some perspective.

If you told me before the game Burns would only score 27, I would have liked our chances.
We lost arguably our best player in the second quarter to an ejection and we probably had 150 yards in penalties. Let’s not make it out like we played mistake free football. We have plenty of room to get better. Too many mental mistakes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT