ADVERTISEMENT

Edenton Holmes vs Reidsville Title Game

extremely dominant in all facets of game. may have been the most dominant teams all around rams have ever had. green set champ game record with three field goals, three touchbacks, and 7 pat. 95 of 100 on pats for season

Reactions: Ram2012
Some stats:
Total Yards: Reidsville 402, Edenton 169
First Downs: 24-10
Reidsville had 276 yards rushing and QB Tanner Wilson was 12 of 18 for 133 yards passing. Jaron Letterlough led the rushing with 140 yards on 16 carries.
Austyn Chestnut had 6 catches for 65 yards and Letterlough added 3 catches for 55 yards.
Letterlough was leading tackler with 13, Brandon Lee had 7.
Jaquan Hairston stuffed the dive play most of the game, recovered a fumble and had two tackles for loss.
And Reidsville's special teams were special ... led by Brad Green, who made 3 field goals (state championship game record) and 7 for 7 on extra points.
He also kicked off for 3 touchbacks and punted twice for a 44-yard average.

Reactions: Stanimallector
extremely dominant in all facets of game. may have been the most dominant teams all around rams have ever had. green set champ game record with three field goals, three touchbacks, and 7 pat. 95 of 100 on pats for season
couldn't have said it better!

Brad Green, who was voted the offensive player of the game, extended his consecutive extra point streak to 58 to end his career. He finished 251 of 271 in his four years for the Rams and moved to second on the all-time list of N.C. high school record book, trailing only Tyler Lewis or Albemarle, who had 350 kicks from 2000-2003. Brad's 95 extra points this season is seventh all-time in N.C. for a single season. The three field goals in the championship game capped his career with a 17-of-23 mark.
Those ranking marks assume that no other kicker moved onto the all-time list this season.

Last edited:
Media member tweeted his MVP ballot. Top says to vote for different players. He had #34 for offense, defense, and mvp

Media member tweeted his MVP ballot. Top says to vote for different players. He had #34 for offense, defense, and mvp
First of all congratulations to Reidsville on another SC. That "drought" is over.

Secondly to all the posters who kept saying #34 was mainly needed as a LB, not needed on offense, sandbag much?

The young man apparently did everything last night. May have driven bus?

5 TDs, led in rushing, 2nd in receiving yards, leading tackler.

Again can only wonder how ER would have done with him in the backfield.

As my son was saying last night "Boogie got a ring". I believe his former teammates are very happy for him.

First of all congratulations to Reidsville on another SC. That "drought" is over.

Secondly to all the posters who kept saying #34 was mainly needed as a LB, not needed on offense, sandbag much?

As my son was saying last night "Boogie got a ring". I believe his former teammates are very happy for him.
Huge impact transfer for sure. May have saved his best game for last ...

Lol throughout the year he had been splitting carries with Durham. The last 2 games he has gotten all the carries and have been his best games.
Letterlough could have gotten way more yards throughout the year with more carries, but as I have said we have another good back in Durham who he was splitting carries with.

Lol throughout the year he had been splitting carries with Durham. The last 2 games he has gotten all the carries and have been his best games.
Letterlough could have gotten way more yards throughout the year with more carries, but as I have said we have another good back in Durham who he was splitting carries with.
Also, 10 of Reidsville's 16 games ended with the running clock in the second half ... a lot of second team players got into the action.

Reactions: Rammer16

I said that because at the time he Wasnt being used to his full potential on offense He definitely didn't get the carries at Reidsville that he gotten and would have gotten at Eastern Randolph. Which lead me to ask the question did him transferring hurt his recruiting ? Only time will tell. Look at how many scouts was at Reidsville games this year that didn't get to see what he could do. Hopefully someone will give him a shot. Based off what he did at Eastern Randolph and the state championship game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rammer16
I said that because at the time he Wasnt being used to his full potential on offense He definitely didn't get the carries at Reidsville that he gotten and would have gotten at Eastern Randolph. Which lead me to ask the question did him transferring hurt his recruiting ? Only time will tell. Look at how many scouts was at Reidsville games this year that didn't get to see what he could do. Hopefully someone will give him a shot. Based off what he did at Eastern Randolph and the state championship game.
I think the exposure he got with Reidsville will help in his recruitment. Hopefully scouts paid attention in the last few games.
But I don't know if ER may have gone further with him than they did without.. Better regular season may have led to better seed? Might have avoided Lincolnton or Reidsville til 3rd or 4th round? Again just speculation.
I do know he would have got more carries at ER but then again he might have had tired legs for last few games? But scouts might have seen more of what he is capable of doing.
Just know QB for ER ended up with almost 2500 yds passing and if #34 is there with maybe 12-1500 more on ground?

Again happy it ended on a good note for him. Was the best 8th grade football player I have ever seen and wasn't too bad as a 12th grader huh?

I felt the same way. I would've voted for him for all 3 but followed the rules & just voted him overall MVP. He was definitely the most dominant offensive player as well as the most dominant defensive player in the game. Impressive performance.

Easiest vote of the day.

Must give Reidville it prop,a very good balance team I think they could play and hold their own against any team in the state in any classification. Edenton/Holmes being since they last played in a championship game and won it in 1969 this group of young men plus coach Mattera who changed the losing ways for the Aces when he took over in 2010 has come along way in six years when they almost knocked Tarboro with Gurley the two time state champions in 2011 out of the playoff plus two head coaches changes since then, and being in the playoff every year with all the changes the program and winning tradition has come back to the Aces. I think bigger and better things are waiting ahead for this team. This is their second year under coach Hoggard after learning a new offense for the second time in two years. The kids have nothing to be a shame about with what they accomplished this season at least they got to the big dance and the young kids got a taste of what it feel like and with the support of the community and if the coaching staff stay together I'm expecting great things from the Aces in the future and they are expecting great things from themselves for next season also.

You could tell Holmes had great support and athletes....they just ran into a buzzsaw with Reidsville....Good luck to the Aces in the future....................
This Reidsville team could play with any teams in any classification in NC and Ga. I've seen the best RB in GA. from Grayson and other 7A and 6A schools and Letterlough are way better than the majority of them who are 3,4,and 5 star recruits with from 5 to 10 or more D1 offers some are just juniors. That kid is going some where if not a lot of schools are making a big mistake.

This Reidsville team could play with any teams in any classification in NC and Ga. I've seen the best RB in GA. from Grayson and other 7A and 6A schools and Letterlough are way better than the majority of them who are 3,4,and 5 star recruits with from 5 to 10 or more D1 offers some are just juniors. That kid is going some where if not a lot of schools are making a big mistake.

hornet62 Haven't you heard? He is just needed on defense?

Sorry Stanimallector had to put it in once more.

Only thing being talked about on forums are coaching changes, who will be good next year and #34.

It's OK though my wife said it would have been too cold for her at games if he had stayed in Ramseur. ;)

hornet62 Haven't you heard? He is just needed on defense?

Sorry Stanimallector had to put it in once more.

Only thing being talked about on forums are coaching changes, who will be good next year and #34.

It's OK though my wife said it would have been too cold for her at games if he had stayed in Ramseur. ;)
If you go back and look at his carries per game you will see why I said that. No more carries than he got it will be hard for someone to recruit him off of one game that just so happen to be the State Championship. We also had another RB (Durham) that was just has good but for whatever reason Hardly used him this season.

If you go back and look at his carries per game you will see why I said that. No more carries than he got it will be hard for someone to recruit him off of one game that just so happen to be the State Championship. We also had another RB (Durham) that was just has good but for whatever reason Hardly used him this season.
Man I am just messing with you.

I looked at his game by game breakdown on Maxpreps and he only had one game(Northwest Guilford) with at least 10 carries before the playoffs. Now in playoffs #34 had at least 10 carries each game.

But he did have 26 TDs on year so maybe he got his carries near the end zone because yardage was not that much until the last couple of playoff games.

Stan have a good Christmas and thanks for giving me one line that was true but I exploited it to get some posts on Ncpreps.

Hey guys, It took me a while to get back on board after the championship. I don't know why I do it but I always take a break from being online after my Aces and Tar Heels lose their last game of the season. Now you guys are going to have to pay for it because this is going to be a long post.

First let me say you guys have an awesome team. I have watched a lot of high school football and the Rams are the best team I have ever seen. I don't have the chance to watch much 4A ball but you all were very impressive.

Second thank you so very much for coming on here after the game and extolling the virtues and strengths of your team without resorting to telling us how terrible the Aces were.

Third the last game obviously put a damper on our season but the Aces had a very special season. Starting around the first few games of the season coach Hoggard began hinting to the boys that he thought they could be special. After we led Rocky Mount in the third quarter only to lose a hard fought game to them, Coach Hoggard told the boys that they had the ability to make it all the way to Winston Salem and they started believing in him. I can't wait to see what coach Hoggard and Mattera can do the next few years with what they have put in place.

Lastly, I really wish you guys could've seen our offense when it was clicking. It really is something to see. I think you all saw glimpses of it on our 80 yard drive. Our inability to do much of anything after that was 99% attributable to your defense and 1% attributable to some things that we could've done better.

Best of luck to the Rams next year in 2A. We will miss playing teams like Reidsville and look forward to playing many of the 1A teams I've always read about.

Hey guys, It took me a while to get back on board after the championship. I don't know why I do it but I always take a break from being online after my Aces and Tar Heels lose their last game of the season. Now you guys are going to have to pay for it because this is going to be a long post.

First let me say you guys have an awesome team. I have watched a lot of high school football and the Rams are the best team I have ever seen. I don't have the chance to watch much 4A ball but you all were very impressive.

Second thank you so very much for coming on here after the game and extolling the virtues and strengths of your team without resorting to telling us how terrible the Aces were.

Third the last game obviously put a damper on our season but the Aces had a very special season. Starting around the first few games of the season coach Hoggard began hinting to the boys that he thought they could be special. After we led Rocky Mount in the third quarter only to lose a hard fought game to them, Coach Hoggard told the boys that they had the ability to make it all the way to Winston Salem and they started believing in him. I can't wait to see what coach Hoggard and Mattera can do the next few years with what they have put in place.

Lastly, I really wish you guys could've seen our offense when it was clicking. It really is something to see. I think you all saw glimpses of it on our 80 yard drive. Our inability to do much of anything after that was 99% attributable to your defense and 1% attributable to some things that we could've done better.

Best of luck to the Rams next year in 2A. We will miss playing teams like Reidsville and look forward to playing many of the 1A teams I've always read about.

Good luck in 1a. That option attack fooled me several times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT