ADVERTISEMENT

Dutch Fork vs Gaffney 5A State Championship game

Yeah I said before on here that if they somehow kept combined detail stats on coaches Knotts would most assuredly lead the country in the following statistics and second place Knotts would probably double the second place numbers:

1. Total passing yards
2. Total passing touchdowns
3. Total passing completions

He has to own all of these passing records and by a hefty, never to be eclipsed, insurmountable number.
TK has had some teams that were not great throwing the ball. He designed throws that those QB could make and they made it work. He still finds a way to win. He will run it as well. If you pull a LB or 2 they will run it all night.

Why do people believe Coach Knotts gets paid $100,000 per year just off Coaching?

He's also in position for AD and "Offensive Coordinator(was)". Its not only coaching, but all these positions above add up to $100,000.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Why do people believe Coach Knotts gets paid $100,000 per year just off Coaching?

He's also in position for AD and "Offensive Coordinator(was)". Its not only coaching, but all these positions above add up to $100,000.
He has an assistant AD that has half of the school day set aside for those duties. Also, a full time athletic department secretary that has an office right beside his. If it is football he is very involved. If it non football sports the assistant and secretary handle most of the tasks.

Think his SC salary is now over $112k plus bonuses.

He has an assistant AD that has half of the school day set aside for those duties. Also, a full time athletic department secretary that has an office right beside his. If it is football he is very involved. If it non football sports the assistant and secretary handle most of the tasks.

Think his SC salary is now over $112k plus bonuses.
All correct.

TK has had some teams that were not great throwing the ball. He designed throws that those QB could make and they made it work. He still finds a way to win. He will run it as well. If you pull a LB or 2 they will run it all night.
After Joe Cox they were more balanced in their offense attack. Hard to top Chris Leak then Joe Cox.

Gaffney could win more state championship if they recruited like DF. We all know Tommy recruits

He doesn’t have to recruit. Kids want to play for him.
Exactly. Saying Knotts recruits is like saying they have to sell Maserati's, when in fact they are all sold a year before they are made.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg School System spent well over $100,000 in legal fees and for investigators trying to prove what you say "we all know", and they found nothing.

“Tom Knotts was the first person to put a big emphasis on weight training around here,″ Wertz said. “At one time, Tommy could never beat Richmond. In 1997, Independence went to Richmond and lost a 17-point lead in the fourth quarter. Well, Tommy and (then-Richmond coach) Daryl Barnes were good friends, and Daryl had really adopted the weight-training stuff there. The next summer Tommy went to Richmond and spent time with Daryl, and he adopted the same system.
“That's when Independence got on its roll, and everyone here started chasing Tommy — and sort of followed his blueprint for success.″

“Tom Knotts was the first person to put a big emphasis on weight training around here,″ Wertz said. “At one time, Tommy could never beat Richmond. In 1997, Independence went to Richmond and lost a 17-point lead in the fourth quarter. Well, Tommy and (then-Richmond coach) Daryl Barnes were good friends, and Daryl had really adopted the weight-training stuff there. The next summer Tommy went to Richmond and spent time with Daryl, and he adopted the same system.
“That's when Independence got on its roll, and everyone here started chasing Tommy — and sort of followed his blueprint for success.″
1997? He was still at West Charlotte then.

Outside of California’s (De La Salle) 151. I don’t know if they had the same coach throughout their streak? No Coach from any State has accomplished what Tommy Knotts has done. Not just NC coaches. 🤷🏾‍♂️
I would put Gary Rankin up there.

Food for thought T. Knotts is 1-4 vs the Great Daryl Barnes and I can name a lot of Hall of Fame coaches win/loss record against D. Barnes. But yes, Tommy is in a league by himself. He changes programs around and I mean fast.

Last edited:
Big breakdowns on D staff. Got caught with ten on the field at end of half but hit player on field. Had too many on field and burned TO on final Gaffney TD.

D Line did not get good push. DF had three INTs and on the fourth down throw in the end zone had the RB on a wheel to the opposite wide open and missed him.

QB fir Gaffney played very well but it was the short pass and yards after catch mostly. DF receivers were having to make the catch many times.

Too many penalties. Same O Lineman back to back had a false start then was ineligible downfield on a huge pass play.

Did not see DF last year. Couple DF coaches not thereJason Barnes is at GA Military. Expect changes.

Food for thought T. Knotts is 1-4 vs the Great Daryl Barnes and I can name a lot of Hall of Fame coaches win/loss record against D. Barnes. But yes, Tommy is in a league by himself. He changes programs around and I mean fast.
He lost two games in 1996 and 1997. Close games. Rolled Richmond at the Rock in 2000. That was the changing of the guard.

He was not at Indy. WC literally had no weight room. Indy’s was a room in the basement that could hold about 15 players at a time. No football class in CMS. Had to work around what they had.

Big breakdowns on D staff. Got caught with ten on the field at end of half but hit player on field. Had too many on field and burned TO on final Gaffney TD.

D Line did not get good push. DF had three INTs and on the fourth down throw in the end zone had the RB on a wheel to the opposite wide open and missed him.

QB fir Gaffney played very well but it was the short pass and yards after catch mostly. DF receivers were having to make the catch many times.

Too many penalties. Same O Lineman back to back had a false start then was ineligible downfield on a huge pass play.

Did not see DF last year. Couple DF coaches not thereJason Barnes is at GA Military. Expect changes.
Btango- Quick question. Is the competition in DF's conf and area real weak? He seems to just roll people all year but the schools like Fort D and some of the upstate seem to give him real problems. I have seen them play 3-4 times and frankly they dont seem physically dominant. They certainly didnt against Mallard Creek. I think a Vance team with Echols in place would have given them alot of problems.

urban meyer FAST !

*a young tom knotts* similar to a young coach k going up against the already established dean smith

still … 110-6 (5 titles) over 8 years … man, makes you really wanna see what kinda damage DB could do in this era of hs football with more resources.

• Love
Btango- Quick question. Is the competition in DF's conf and area real weak? He seems to just roll people all year but the schools like Fort D and some of the upstate seem to give him real problems. I have seen them play 3-4 times and frankly they dont seem physically dominant. They certainly didnt against Mallard Creek. I think a Vance team with Echols in place would have given them alot of problems.
The most ridiculous comment I've read involving DF & Knotts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT