Bandys 2-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 2-1, 0-0
West Lincoln 2-1, 0-0
Maiden 1-1, 0-0
East Burke 1-2, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-3, 0-0
Newton-Conover 0-3, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-3, 0-0

Bandys over South Caldwell this game is a bit of a toss up but I think Bandys has just a bit more talent on offense.

Maiden over St Stephens.
Look for a physical game but Maidens athletes and speed will be too much.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I’ll take Bandys and Maiden.

Next week ought to be fun.

I did predict that Foard would win a game…but not in my wildest thoughts…and y’all know I got a bunch of ‘em😂…..did I think Foard would take the Johnny’s to OT! Do what?

Why did Willis play QB? Inquiring minds want to know…..it was the twin brother…Right?

East Burke…new coach…great win over an arch rival in my opinion.

If Newton can right the ship next week against West Caldwell…they’ll be right back in it…strong opponents…strong RPi. That goes for Lincolnton too.

We’ll see!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Bandys wins
Maiden wins

Too easy. I woulda been on top I’m telling ya I still got a hot hand but that Newton pick. Grrrrr.

Anyway not much going on in CVAC with all these byes but 2 real good ones to catch if your a gamer and your school isn’t playing

Watauga vs ACR- one hot game I’d highly recommend. True test right here other than TCRobeson

North Lincoln at East Rutherford- both ranked, North in a hot seat with expectations on this and with their hardest test yet we will see how they really hold up. A sold victory for North will show us how much more ready they may be for Statesville, Hickory and East Lincoln. We shall see. A East Rutherford victory will show us just how hard of a team Newton played this past Friday and to not get down in dumps or get discouraged.

These 2 games oughta be bonus picks. Both of them are hard calls and anyone’s game.

Last edited:
Additional whatever :

How good is North Surry and did South Caldwell just actually play a decent team and just got stomped or do they have something this year provided they play their cards right and finish .500 at least?

West Lincoln, did they have some things not go their way that they let it be that close and did they lose enough to graduation that it’s really effecting them?

Not real sure what to ask about the other teams but I guess if anyone knows the injury report on the 2 linemen at EB that got hurt let us know. Some folks will say or think that if EB couldn’t put more up on Draughn than they did that how would they push to be top 3 or even 4 in over conf finish? Me personally, I think Draughn played a good game and that EB showed them their strength and that’s defense this year and they should and may finish that 3rd or 4th if that holds up, 74# plays his game and they tweek out some offense it’s possible.

TEAMCONF WCONF LCONF %OVR WOVR LOVR % ⬆️
BANDYS ⚔️ 000.0%20100.0%
WEST LINCOLN000.0%2166.7%
BUNKER HILL000.0%2166.7%
MAIDEN000.0%1150.0%
EAST BURKE000.0%1233.3%
WEST CALDWELL000.0%030.0%
LINCOLNTON000.0%030.0%
NEWTON000.0%030.0%

TEAMPFPAAPFAPAAVG DIFF ⬆️
BANDYS⚔️672633.513.020.5
WEST LINCOLN934831.016.015.0
BUNKER HILL1047034.7 🐻23.311.3
MAIDEN432421.512.0 🔱9.5
EAST BURKE19456.315.0-8.7
WEST CALDWELL4111213.737.3-23.7
LINCOLNTON4012113.340.3-27.0
NEWTON4814716.049.0-33.0

Bandys
Maiden
Lincolnton
I thought we have a bye this week, too, do we not ? If it's an add-on, who we got ? Wait, let me guess, Hickory, Weddington, Hough, The Cleveland County All-Stars ? No, no, no, I know who it is, Grimsley from over in Greensboro. We could use a tough game, you know.

Side Note: Speaking of tough games, after watching Maiden at Watauga on NFHS, even though they lost, the Blue Devils didn't look too bad. Got a feeling that the 4A Pioneers at least thought of them as pretty aggravating.

Side Note: Saw Bunker Hill lose to Randleman on NFHS, too. Actually, they looked pretty even. The Bears gave up a score somewhere around the end of the third quarter or early in the fourth. Then a high snap which sailed over the punters head and was picked up by the Tigers for a score let them put it out of reach with too little time left. This is just me, but it looked like the Bears were missing the passing game from last year, but should they meet again and BH wins it wouldn't surprise me... Bunker Hill versus Maiden should be an interesting matchup.

Side Note: I had mentioned Weddington. Just for the sake of small talk, the average price of a house, there, is 1.3 million dollars...For prospective home buyers, according to the same source, one could possibly save oneself around a million dollars by purchasing a home in Lincolnton, considering the average price, here.
Really !... 1.3 million ? GMADB.

I thought we have a bye this week, too, do we not ? If it's an add-on, who we got ? Wait, let me guess, Hickory, Weddington, Hough, The Cleveland County All-Stars ? No, no, no, I know who it is, Grimsley from over in Greensboro. We could use a tough game, you know.

Side Note: Speaking of tough games, after watching Maiden at Watauga on NFHS, even though they lost, the Blue Devils didn't look too bad. Got a feeling that the 4A Pioneers at least thought of them as pretty aggravating.

Side Note: Saw Bunker Hill lose to Randleman on NFHS, too. Actually, they looked pretty even. The Bears gave up a score somewhere around the end of the third quarter or early in the fourth. Then a high snap which sailed over the punters head and was picked up by the Tigers for a score let them put it out of reach with too little time left. This is just me, but it looked like the Bears were missing the passing game from last year, but should they meet again and BH wins it wouldn't surprise me... Bunker Hill versus Maiden should be an interesting matchup.

Side Note: I had mentioned Weddington. Just for the sake of small talk, the average price of a house, there, is 1.3 million dollars...For prospective home buyers, according to the same source, one could possibly save oneself around a million dollars by purchasing a home in Lincolnton, considering the average price, here.
Trying to sell people on ur little town 😂 make sure u tell them what lines to stay in 😂 where are u traveling to Friday night ?

Nah, Lincolnton is a good place, it’ll sell itself.
About Friday, I’ll probably stay home. I think, the forecast is calling for rain. If I was going somewhere it would be Crest, to see the chargers play Charlotte Catholic (if I’m correct that this is the week they’re playing.

It was a tough game Mr. Lincolnton, we believe we shot ourselves in the foot too many times.

I spoke to a small group of Watauga players after the game. The biggest one (6'4" 240-ish lineman) said, "I don't know how we won this game, everything went our way. I really didn't think we were going to win after the 1st quarter."

We were in a great spot to win. Too many turnovers and allowing the occasional big play got us. We'll be hell from here on out.

It was a tough game Mr. Lincolnton, we believe we shot ourselves in the foot too many times.

I spoke to a small group of Watauga players after the game. The biggest one (6'4" 240-ish lineman) said, "I don't know how we won this game, everything went our way. I really didn't think we were going to win after the 1st quarter."

We were in a great spot to win. Too many turnovers and allowing the occasional big play got us. We'll be hell from here on out.
I think we could be the strongest defense in the cvac and probably the best offensive line by the time cvac is finished

I don't know if anybody in the cvac will have a defensive front as good as watauga and I believe our line held up well against them

How about Southlake Christian?

3-1….with wins over PLP and MIC.

Who knew?…I certainly didn’t.
PLP is a decimated team. My coworker has a son there on the team. Said their 3 best players transferred out. Two of them to CSD!

He claims foul play may be afoot!

As for SLC, they have benefitted from a LOT of transfers themselves. Creek...look at their stats for the season, comb it over good, and tell me if something doesn't look right to you haha...it's unbelievable I tell ya.

How about Southlake Christian?

3-1….with wins over PLP and MIC.

Who knew?…I certainly
At first glance I wondered why Creek was giving props to a highly touted team in Texas, thought maybe he had slept badly or that last night’s dinner was too spicy.
Then after about half an hour it dawned on me he is talking about Southlake Christian down on highway 73, not Southlake Carroll.
Normally, I wouldn’t admit to this but in my aged-out cluttered mind I probably think of it as some kind of soul detoxification.

Schedule
Bandys at South Caldwell
Bunker Hill bye
East Burke bye
Lincolnton bye
Maiden vs St Stephens
Newton-Conover bye
West Caldwell bye
West Lincoln bye

Standings
Bandys 2-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 2-1, 0-0
West Lincoln 2-1, 0-0
Maiden 1-1, 0-0
East Burke 1-2, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-3, 0-0
Newton-Conover 0-3, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-3, 0-0
South by 7
Maiden by 30

PLP is a decimated team. My coworker has a son there on the team. Said their 3 best players transferred out. Two of them to CSD!

He claims foul play may be afoot!

As for SLC, they have benefitted from a LOT of transfers themselves. Creek...look at their stats for the season, comb it over good, and tell me if something doesn't look right to you haha...it's unbelievable I tell ya.
A lot of 🥞 blocks 🤣

Hey I know this is at cvac-related but hard to believe Clinton is 0-3 and in those three games have been outscored 144-0. I know they lost the players to South Carolina high School but wouldn't think it was made that big of a difference 144-0

Hey I know this is at cvac-related but hard to believe Clinton is 0-3 and in those three games have been outscored 144-0. I know they lost the players to South Carolina high School but wouldn't think it was made that big of a difference 144-0
I'm surprised they haven't won at least one game so far. I know their defensive coordinator from last years state championship game team. Once the coaching staff left, a number of their good players jumped ship as well. It's a good program that will have to rebuild. Was told the atmosphere was good, just the players all came with that coaching staff. Hopefully they will get it turned around soon. See you blue guys out there Thursday night. Good luck.

State Leaders heading into this week:

TeamPlayerQB RatPass YdsComp%Pass TDINT
BANDYS B. Swett137.0 ⚔️415 ⚔️62.5%6 ⚔️0 ⚔️
NEWTON~no name~123.727965.4% 👿31
MAIDENG. Lawing89.921260.0%21
BUNKER HILLE. Davis Helms82.120141.7%21
LINCOLNTONR. Lynch80.215563.9%21
WEST LINCOLNG. Allan70.68833.3%23
WEST CALDWELLJ. Blankenship42.030747.4%36
EAST BURKEC. Bennett31.218846.8%03

TeamPlayerRush YdsYPCRush Tds
BUNKER HILLJ. Willis Jr.501 🐻8.17 🐻
WEST LINCOLNG. Ponder32523.2 💥7 💥
LINCOLNTONT. Bost3217.53
BANDYST. Stewart2266.81
EAST BURKEZ. Newman1433.00
MAIDENK. Roberts1004.02
WEST CALDWELLJ. Logan613.21
NEWTONJ. Smith546.00

TeamPlayerRec YdsRecRec TDs
BANDYSK. Henrickson208 ⚔️123 ⚔️
BUNKER HILLJ. Willis163101
NEWTONZ. Derr16070
LINCOLNTONR. Lynch13517 🐺1
MAIDENH. Reed11481
WEST LINCOLNJ. Rowe8832
WEST CALDWELLJ. Maxwell8141
EAST BURKEB. Shook5550

Schedule
Bandys at South Caldwell
Bunker Hill bye
East Burke bye
Lincolnton bye
Maiden vs St Stephens
Newton-Conover bye
West Caldwell bye
West Lincoln bye

Standings
Bandys 2-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 2-1, 0-0
West Lincoln 2-1, 0-0
Maiden 1-1, 0-0
East Burke 1-2, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-3, 0-0
Newton-Conover 0-3, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-3, 0-0
South Caldwell, because, well, it happens every year. Bandys goes 2-0 against terrible teams and reality sets in. Hoping for the best, expecting the worse. Go with my guy here.

Maiden as they are playing SS. Avoid injuries on the year and the CVAC is yours to lose. Bunker and maybe Bandys (IDK) are only teams that will be any threat.

Best of luck to all teams. Stay healthy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT