ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 2 💯

I know I seen the coach passing the ball and blocking and missing catches and the late unsportman like conduct call on the player at the end of the game. yes the coach has to play all 11 positions QB did not have time to throw the ball yes that is all the coaches fault!!
Sports guy is the man!!
It’s the coaches fault for the stupid play calling. 5 mins to go and on the 5 yard line why not run the ball with #45 Hammons they couldn’t stop him ??????

Coaches can lose a game for you I’ve seen it. And let’s be honest. EB’s coach doesn’t play to win games. And by talking to one of the players mom and dad at the game last night she said the players had a video of the Head coach telling them that one day in a team meeting that they wasn’t here to win football games
[/QUOT
Apparently East Burke extended the Head Coach for 3 more years just because his son can play varsity for him his son is a freshman. Thats what most of the parents were telling me last night at the game. And also saying that the coach told the kids in a team meeting that they wasn’t their to win football games. And I believe that because he doesn’t play to win I’ve seen him coach too many years he only plays to stay in the game.

From what I have heard the coach would rather watch his son play from the stand so you might get your wish. He is taking over the wrestling program and you might get your 1 and 10 team back This is not the best school to coach a sport at. Foard was the same way and after the coach left they did not win a game for two years! Nobody will win at EB football the talent is just not there!!

Sports guy is the man!!

Two so call fans on here are trying to run this site in the ground with their Monday morning QB thoughts. I would not believe any thing I hear out of a couple of these people on this site.No body would tell their players they want to lose. I looked up the past record of the head coach he has over 50 plus wins but EB looks like nobody can win there. EB has hat a losing records for 9-year last coach was 5 and 28. No coach would tell his player that he did not want to win games so crazy and this site is getting that way. peace out for me enough bull craping on this site!! Peace out for me.

Two so call fans on here are trying to run this site in the ground with their Monday morning QB thoughts. I would not believe any thing I hear out of a couple of these people on this site.No body would tell their players they want to lose. I looked up the past record of the head coach he has over 50 plus wins but EB looks like nobody can win there. EB has hat a losing records for 9-year last coach was 5 and 28. No coach would tell his player that he did not want to win games so crazy and this site is getting that way. peace out for me enough bull craping on this site!! Peace out for me.
Don’t ever say never bud. You just stuck up his butt that’s all. No coach wants to go run the football program that’s why they can’t get a decent coach. But hey maybe you should give it a try though maybe you are the perfect fit and what’s needed at EB 😀. Good Luck

No 💩 I think everyone should know by now that EB isn’t the best school to coach a sport other than Girls Basketball and Track. The talent at EB is at those two sports.
Well now it’s just girls Basketball. Fraley and Byrd graduated lol. They carried that track team. They will have a bout 3 or 4 standouts this year and maybe 1 girl standout or 2 but they won’t win conference or even finish top 3. Track is a you got it or you don’t type sport

Reactions: WNC_SpOrTyGuY95
I’ll always be a EB fan but sports in general is very disappointing to watch other than the girls basketball team.
Well now it’s just girls Basketball. Fraley and Byrd graduated lol. They carried that track team. They will have a bout 3 or 4 standouts this year and maybe 1 girl standout or 2 but they won’t win conference or even finish top 3. Track is a you got it or you don’t type sport
that is true Farley and Byrd were amazing to watch

Reactions: Burkeforreal
Teams have their struggles, some may have a down year and most be good or a series of rebuilding years and a really good year then fall off to this level or that. I try not to get down on a team and def not belittle anyone. If I have or seemed like I have I apologize

Just to get my vent out of the way thank you for listening, I know some things may get back to normal like Lincolnton will beat up on North Lincoln again Newton Conover should overcome there thing and one day compete with maiden again. With East Burke I knew it might be a struggle after that string of good athletes graduated, but I wanted to believe that they may hold their own this year, but check it out. This may not have been a really bad freedom team and they kept up with bunker Hill so all in all East Burke should have some more wins this year, we shall see. I think freedom should make the playoffs this year and they might overcome everybody They play except Watauga. That is until the playoffs. But what got to me is Christ school lost BIG last night And I was thinking yeah East Burke lost to a good team and then I seen that score. I was like wow

I’m not expecting anything big from them, but I believe we could have more wins this season than last that’s what I believe for now

Burke county man I hope that you did not the so-called fans lol I tried to say positive things for the good within the bad. Don’t go signing off. We need you around here.

Hey it could be worse y'all could have Saint Stephen's fans I was so embarrassed for them last night with a lack of a spine and balls. Some young fans for walking through their stands and their fans holding a sign in their faces saying lights out stank Stephens. And the fans and student section just took it. That would never go over at maiden at minimum we would have ripped the sign out of their hands and tore it up

Hey it could be worse y'all could have Saint Stephen's fans I was so embarrassed for them last night with a lack of a spine and balls. Some young fans for walking through their stands and their fans holding a sign in their faces saying lights out stank Stephens. And the fans and student section just took it. That would never go over at maiden at minimum we would have ripped the sign out of their hands and tore it up
Wow, sports world just gets worse. Kids and their mannerisms getting worse. Such class

Teams have their struggles, some may have a down year and most be good or a series of rebuilding years and a really good year then fall off to this level or that. I try not to get down on a team and def not belittle anyone. If I have or seemed like I have I apologize

Just to get my vent out of the way thank you for listening, I know some things may get back to normal like Lincolnton will beat up on North Lincoln again Newton Conover should overcome there thing and one day compete with maiden again. With East Burke I knew it might be a struggle after that string of good athletes graduated, but I wanted to believe that they may hold their own this year, but check it out. This may not have been a really bad freedom team and they kept up with bunker Hill so all in all East Burke should have some more wins this year, we shall see. I think freedom should make the playoffs this year and they might overcome everybody They play except Watauga. That is until the playoffs. But what got to me is Christ school lost BIG last night And I was thinking yeah East Burke lost to a good team and then I seen that score. I was like wow

I’m not expecting anything big from them, but I believe we could have more wins this season than last that’s what I believe for now
I agree. Freedom didn’t really impress me much made me wonder if Bunker Hill is not so good as they were last season.

I don't know, AMD, maybe they weren’t so afraid but more restrained. It might be emotionally satisfying for a minute to react to them but that’s about how long it takes to get yourself in trouble. I’ve known many people who did react violently and paid a high price.
I tell you this because I’m somewhat convinced you’re a diamond in the rough. You'd would make someone a good coach.
I’m pretty sure that’s what you want to do, isn't it ?
I’m of the opinion you’d be more of a negative type of coach like Tommy Knotts and Steve Spurrier (Not meaning you would be unkind to, or belittle players, but that you would be hard to please). You're wasting time, you know.

Let's go ahead and pile on the controversial comments 🤣 Bunker Hill is a dirty team but it is what it is.

I don't know, AMD, maybe they weren’t so afraid but more restrained. It might be emotionally satisfying for a minute to react to them but that’s about how long it takes to get yourself in trouble. I’ve known many people who did react violently and paid a high price.
I tell you this because I’m somewhat convinced you’re a diamond in the rough. You'd would make someone a good coach.
I’m pretty sure that’s what you want to do, isn't it ?
I’m of the opinion you’d be more of a negative type of coach like Tommy Knotts and Steve Spurrier (Not meaning you would be unkind to, or belittle players, but that you would be hard to please). You're wasting time, you know.
If it happens at Maiden take the sign and rip it up calculated risk odds are maiden cops do nothing but laugh pat at me on the back. Happens at a away game what a shame I accidentally dropped my soda or water on that kid. Accidents happen

• Wow
Reactions: Lincolnton
Na we just hit everyone in the mouth
After the whistle doesn't count. And up 48-7 for a kid (#0) to eye a kid across the field and cross over to blind side crack back block is uncalled for. Y'all set the tone and put the game away no point in dirty dangerous and illegal play. It was a competitive close game I'd probably give it to you as a competitive advantage to set the tone but not 48-7

After the whistle doesn't count. And up 48-7 for a kid (#0) to eye a kid across the field and cross over to blind side crack back block is uncalled for. Y'all set the tone and put the game away no point in dirty dangerous and illegal play. It was a competitive close game I'd probably give it to you as a competitive advantage to set the tone but not 48-7
Now, see ? That's what a coach (An irate one) sounds like, but not getting into a fisticuff with students for carrying signs.

*Some people don't even know what a crackback block is, and I'm not sure I do, but I think it's blindsiding a defensive player.

Last edited:
Now, see ? That's what a coach (An irate one) sounds like, but not getting into a fisticuff with students for carrying signs.

*Some people don't even know what a crackback block is, and I'm not sure I do, but I think it's blindsiding a defensive player.
I think you got the right image in your head it's usually on kickoffs returns or interceptions. Basically a player is in pursuit of the ball carrier when another player comes up and blindside's him. And example last night the kid had no chance of impacting the pick 6. The bunker Hill kid impacted it more by Getting the TD nullified

Reactions: Lincolnton
Lol since I'm trolling people up today let's go with another one 🤣. How much of an embarrassment it should be for Newton-Conover players,coaches, parents and alumni. And I'm not talking about the 34-0 first QTR. Anybody's ever played sports or been a fan knows that ass whipping is always going to come at some point and that's not the reason of embarrassment. The fact that after the first quarter being delayed that the team decides to just quit and go home is a true embarrassment. That decision last night is the epitome, the guilty on all charges, and caught red handed moment. That proves and shows everyone that our opinion of Newton over the years was exactly spot on. To quote a former coach "they are who we thought the were". When times are tough and adversity comes, the quit and give up. As much as that brings a smile and warm feeling to me, this is more honesty than hate. Lol I feel like I'm on one of my old school posts from the past here, no PC just spitting the uncensored truth

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT