ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 2 💯

I'd say most competitive will be West Caldwell v West Iredell or Freedom v East Burke
Yeah I agree with Beamer. If you don't mind the drive you could head to Shelby to watch AC Reynolds vs Shelby that should be a pretty decent game to watch. I think AC might be a little young this year ( I think ) but still shouldn't be a bad game to watch.

Hoping for a good safe game. I agree the way they played Friday they ain’t ready for Hickory yet but bet when they do go toe to toe with them they may be more ready and they’ll have best back out there and best LB probably. I say probably, we’ll see. They gave them a game first half in last years 3rd round playoffs
They have an excellent coaching staff, but I think it might be hard for anybody to beat Hickory.

They have an excellent coaching staff, but I think it might be hard for anybody to beat Hickory.
Hickory is at a new level and they showed that in Lenior Friday night. They set themselves up to be giants like Weddington, Independence, and Mallard Creek and Mt Airy and such. Gonna have to see if we got anyone around here that can slay the giant lol. So far as far as western teams go North may be only one and if they don’t do it this year they most likely won’t ever. Alot of tallent and strength leaving after this school year

Bandy's by as many as they choose. Foard just doesn't have anything going for them right now.
Willis by a lot. The one man team continues over St Stephen's. Hopefully they can rest him some, I have a feeling next week against randleman may be difficult.
Freedom will exploit EB inability to cover fast athletic Wr's.
North over basic Lincolnton 🤣. North wins in the trenches where the tough win. Lincolnton is flashy, but flashy don't win.
Stupid 2nd week bye 🤬
Hickory by a lot, but hickory will probably build a quick lead and take foot off gas giving Newton trash points. Kind of what happened last year.
Shit show of the week, West wins, iredell that is.
Congratulations on winning the nobody could care less game 🤣🤣.
West Lincoln wins, I would say a lot but West offense doesn't allow it to score a lot. Luckily it's not played in cherryville. If so the ironmen would just push rebels out of bounds hard and they would get hit by traffic 🤣🤣. You gotta understand the stadium to get that.

Bandy's by as many as they choose. Foard just doesn't have anything going for them right now.
Willis by a lot. The one man team continues over St Stephen's. Hopefully they can rest him some, I have a feeling next week against randleman may be difficult.
North over basic Lincolnton 🤣. North wins in the trenches where the tough win. Lincolnton is flashy, but flashy don't win.
Stupid 2nd week bye 🤬
Hickory by a lot, but hickory will probably build a quick lead and take foot off gas giving Newton trash points. Kind of what happened last year.
West Lincoln wins, I would say a lot but West offense doesn't allow it to score a lot. Luckily it's not played in cherryville. If so the ironmen would just push rebels out of bounds hard and they would get hit by traffic 🤣🤣. You gotta understand the stadium to get that.
That and the funny border area. There’s kids that live close to Cherryville and have to go to Burns LOL

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I went back and read week 2 last year…most took East Burke and Lincolnton. What a difference a year makes.

Lincolnton played South Point tough then….and North Lincoln barely lost to West….why so different on picks now? Go figure.

Just feels different for whatever reason!

Saw where Grizz went to a wedding. 😉

Also reminded of the Farley family tragedy….hard to believe…still. Hoping Caleb gets picked up by a team…since he was dropped by the Titans this week….continued thoughts and prayers for his future.

There was more…but y’all can go back and look if you want.

I agree…AMD….2nd week bye sucks!…what to do…what to do. My boys are out…but I’m going somewhere….thinking I’ll go see my first born….let’s go Ironmen!❤️

Last edited:
Stupid 2nd week bye 🤬
You are correct EB will be tested again this week vs Freedom. Will see how good their defense is Friday night.

Rudisill Memorial Stadiim in Cherryville is a nice facility. There were big renovations done several years ago.

It was built around 1962 or 63. Prior to that, bleachers were pulled out onto the baseball field (Farley Field which is beside of it). I remember it well.

Stupid 2nd week bye 🤬
Basic and flashy?

It's a blazing 98 right now here in Florida...humid and sun's UV is way up.
GDevil, here, the 4:30 PM temperature was in the low 90's and the dew point is 69 which equals nasty hot and humid. I checked the temperature in Orlando at the same time on a weather App and the temperature is around 90 with a dew point of 74 which would feel like the rain forest. Cannot understand why someone would want to live in Florida unless they just have an aversion to cold weather. I've been there, once. The residents were nice and it was a clean good looking area, but the heat and humidity were awful. It sure attracts so very many people, though.
My parents once bought a set of encyclopedia books for me. According to the 1950 census the Florida population was 2.7 million, then. The population, now, is 22 million. It's obviously got something going for it.

Enjoy the vacation.

GDevil, here, the 4:30 PM temperature was in the low 90's and the dew point is 69 which equals nasty hot and humid. I checked the temperature in Orlando at the same time on a weather App and the temperature is around 90 with a dew point of 74 which would feel like the rain forest. Cannot understand why someone would want to live in Florida unless they just have an aversion to cold weather. I've been there, once. The residents were nice and it was a clean good looking area, but the heat and humidity were awful. It sure attracts so very many people, though.
My parents once bought a set of encyclopedia books for me. According to the 1950 census the Florida population was 2.7 million, then. The population, now, is 22 million. It's obviously got something going for it.

Enjoy the vacation.
Vacation is for the family...I'm their butler, chauffeur, wallet, and security, haha.

Was originally planned for July 4th week. But had to push it due to things happening with family...but we're here now...during the bye week, having fun.

I should be in better shape than most the team when I get back!

Good luck to your Wolves this week.

Vacation is for the family...I'm their butler, chauffeur, wallet, and security, haha.

Was originally planned for July 4th week. But had to push it due to things happening with family...but we're here now...during the bye week, having fun.

I should be in better shape than most the team when I get back!

Good luck to your Wolves this week.
You're a good son, father and husband.

Well big game tonight one that used to be played with coats and toboggans on now it’s played with the non crowd with tshirts and shorts on, good ole Fat Friday.

All the Burke peoples let’s comment, how does EB look as a whole and what will or could be their key to victory tonight ??

Well big game tonight one that used to be played with coats and toboggans on now it’s played with the non crowd with tshirts and shorts on, good ole Fat Friday.

All the Burke peoples let’s comment, how does EB look as a whole and what will or could be their key to victory tonight ??
All I have to say is good luck to them they will need it. Freedom has more talent than EB by far. This will be another tough test for them. Fat Friday is nothing like it used to be. No hype about it anymore lol. This is pretty much just another game. Unfortunately I think Freedom wins by 26 hope EB proves me wrong. EB will have to score to keep up with Freedom

All I have to say is good luck to them they will need it. Freedom has more talent than EB by far. This will be another tough test for them. Fat Friday is nothing like it used to be. No hype about it anymore lol. This is pretty much just another game. Unfortunately I think Freedom wins by 26 hope EB proves me wrong. EB will have to score to keep up with Freedom
The only hope here is that EB defense keeps them in the game.

It did last year but look who we had playing and look who wasn’t hurt yet lol. Fraley and Byrd are 2 athletes you can’t replace and a cast around them that was savage, many gone. We’ll see if they can face adversity and bounce back.
Freedom also has a new coach who is a really good coach it could come down to better coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT