ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 2 💯

pretty stupid lightning delay here in morganton at the EB Freedom game with serve storms / lightning 40-50 miles away.

pretty stupid lightning delay here in morganton at the EB Freedom game with severe storms / lightning 40-50 miles away.

Unless there's a rule change rest just let St Stephens return to kickoff after they stepped into the end zone

Freedom hasn’t showed me anything good tonight…. If EB had an offense they could be winning this game.
Other than playing loose right there at end of half EB defense got something decent. And got one heck of a punter. Biggest one I’ve seen since Shatley. Yeah Shatley did punts too, prob woulda made a good QB lol

Reactions: WNC_SpOrTyGuY95
Lightning all around Bunker Hill most the night kept watching it in night skies. I guess it wasn't within 10 miles

East Burke Head Coach really blew their chance of winning tonight vs Freedom. They had all the chances to win and blew it!

I know I seen the coach passing the ball and blocking and missing catches and the late unsportman like conduct call on the player at the end of the game. yes the coach has to play all 11 positions QB did not have time to throw the ball yes that is all the coaches fault!!

I know I seen the coach passing the ball and blocking and missing catches and the late unsportman like conduct call on the player at the end of the game. yes the coach has to play all 11 positions QB did not have time to throw the ball yes that is all the coaches fault!!
It’s the coaches fault for the stupid play calling. 5 mins to go and on the 5 yard line why not run the ball with #45 Hammons they couldn’t stop him ??????

Coaches can lose a game for you I’ve seen it. And let’s be honest. EB’s coach doesn’t play to win games. And by talking to one of the players mom and dad at the game last night she said the players had a video of the Head coach telling them that one day in a team meeting that they wasn’t here to win football games

Last edited:
Reactions: BoSoxGuy5
Apparently East Burke extended the Head Coach for 3 more years just because his son can play varsity for him his son is a freshman. Thats what most of the parents were telling me last night at the game. And also saying that the coach told the kids in a team meeting that they wasn’t their to win football games. And I believe that because he doesn’t play to win I’ve seen him coach too many years he only plays to stay in the game.

Apparently East Burke extended the Head Coach for 3 more years just because his son can play varsity for him his son is a freshman. Thats what most of the parents were telling me last night at the game. And also saying that the coach told the kids in a team meeting that they wasn’t their to win football games. And I believe that because he doesn’t play to win I’ve seen him coach too many years he only plays to stay in the game.
I believe somebody is taking a few words and using it out of context. He probably did say he's not there to win football games. But in the whole context it was probably something more like " in the end I'm not here to win football games I'm here to improve and teach you how to be better men and lead responsible lives" context is important especially when people hand-picked a few words out of a statement

What Coach calls a run up the middle on like 4th 10 or 15. Say? I don’t under stand. Especially when you don’t have a O line that can’t do their job and block.

I believe somebody is taking a few words and using it out of context. He probably did say he's not there to win football games. But in the whole context it was probably something more like " in the end I'm not here to win football games I'm here to improve and teach you how to be better men and lead responsible lives" context is important especially when people hand-picked a few words out of a statement
It’s possible but I know some of the players on the team they have told me that the coach doesn't care if they win or lose . To me I’m going to play to win not lose.

Thats the only thing that coach is good for at EB teaching them how to be better men and lead responsibility.

It’s possible but I know some of the players on the team they have told me that the coach doesn't care if they win or lose . To me I’m going to play to win not lose.

Thats the only thing that coach is good for at EB teaching them how to be better men and lead responsibility.
My son’s friend plays on EB and starts he has talked about that before he said the same thing about the coach telling them that. I know some of the kids on that team that don't care for the coaches and that are just playing because they love the game.

East Burke will never be any good as long as that coach is there. That’s simple as that. Just stating the facts is all. And they need to be in 1A

For context, the year before Coach Minor got to E. Burke (2019), Freedom defeated EB 56-7, in 2018 55-13, and in 2017 48-8. Since 2020 when Coach Minor took over during the covid year, Freedom has won 13-12 in 2021, 33-20 in 2022, 12-7 this year, and EB won last season. Seems like Coach Minor is doing a pretty good job against his arch rival to me. I would admit that Freedom has not been as good. But the games lately have been MUCH more competitive.

For context, the year before Coach Minor got to E. Burke (2019), Freedom defeated EB 56-7, in 2018 55-13, and in 2017 48-8. Since 2020 when Coach Minor took over during the covid year, Freedom has won 13-12 in 2021, 33-20 in 2022, 12-7 this year, and EB won last season. Seems like Coach Minor is doing a pretty good job against his arch rival to me. I would admit that Freedom has not been as good. But the games lately have been MUCH more competitive.
These are games vs freedom lol a team that’s not as good as years before 2020. And also what about the other games??

21-22’ they were 3-6 and 2-5 in conference
22-23’ 3-7 and 1-6 conference
23-24 3-7 and 1-6 conference

EB hasn’t really had a good team since like the 15-16’ season when they went to the 3rd round with coach Tom brown

Agreed. And other than the one year under Tom Brown it had been a while since they were good before then. Opening the new schools in Burke County hurt them bad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT