ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Week 1 👀

I see Newton is over the moon with moral victories last night 🤣🤣. But could also be delirium from lack of sleep Getting home around 1am 🤣🤣

Reactions: Maiden Creek
With the EB game and me not being there I’d say if they got beat by a real good team then that’s just the way it is. I believe they MAY can finish in middle of the road in conf but we’ll see after next couple games with lesser tallent which next week won’t be much easier. Last years first time in forever victory over Freedom was against one of the worst Freedom teams with their star athletes healthy before the big injury bug hit. I don’t foresee a victory but rival games bring out the best. We’ll see.

Game I did see last night at start of 2nd half was not as close as I thought. West Lincoln plays there usual game based off what y’all say about them but maybe they are not quiet what they were last year based on that game. NL moves the ball but it’s not for monster gains. Wingate is a war horse but West did ok containing him but wasn’t enough obviously. North might have a harder time against a D that’s bigger and faster. West did stop them pretty good in the outside runs that I could tell for the most part so they got enough for the CVAC competition to keep it respectable until they play Maiden. Minus the NL fumbles this score coulda easily been 34 to 7 or 42 to 7. WL capitalized on a NL fumble close to paydirt and got a nice wide open man in the endzone after QB nicely evaded several tackles. Guy like that come in handy ins crucial game were a pass is needed and it’s close. Won’t say bring on those Tornadoes yet ha ha but NL should have a season to remember. West should be able to shake this off and maybe pull in a 3rd in CVAC I believe. That’s my take on this game that was t talked about much. Gear up for week 2 fellas, going by fast already.

Listened to alittle of Hibriten and Hickory on the way to NL on Kix 103. Hickory had NOT skipped a beat and has fill ins from undefeated JV squad of last year. Classic Watauga and Hickory matchup needed to see who is the king of the foothills lol. Hibriten took Lincolnton in a scrimmage but not sure how much and to see Hickory crush them, oh man. Dynasty y’all.

Last edited:
Really shouldn’t matter who we are playing. Attendance at games are getting slimmer and slimmer. I remember when it would be packed down at the concession pretty much every football game. Looking down at them last night was weird to see it so blank last night. But with attendance like last night should tell ya something 🤷🏽‍♂️
[/QUOT
With the EB game and me not being there I’d say if they got beat by a real good team then that’s just the way it is. I believe they MAY can finish in middle of the road in conf but we’ll see after next couple games with lesser tallent which next week won’t be much easier. Last years first time in forever victory over Freedom was against one of the worst Freedom teams with their star athletes healthy before the big injury bug hit. I don’t foresee a victory but rival games bring out the best. We’ll see.

Game I did see last night at start of 2nd half was not as close as I thought. West Lincoln plays there usual game based off what y’all say about them but maybe they are not quiet what they were last year based on that game. NL moves the ball but it’s not for monster gains. Wingate is a war horse but West did ok containing him but wasn’t enough obviously. North might have a harder time against a D that’s bigger and faster. West did stop them pretty good in the outside runs that I could tell for the most part so they got enough for the CVAC competition to keep it respectable until they play Maiden. Minus the NL fumbles this score coulda easily been 34 to 7 or 42 to 7. WL capitalized on a NL fumble close to paydirt and got a nice wide open man in the endzone after QB nicely evaded several tackles. Guy like that come in handy ins crucial game were a pass is needed and it’s close. Won’t say bring on those Tornadoes yet ha ha but NL should have a season to remember. West should be able to shake this off and maybe pull in a 3rd in CVAC I believe. That’s my take on this game that was t talked about much. Gear up for week 2 fellas, going by fast already.

Listened to alittle of Hibriten and Hickory on the way to NL on Kix 103. Hickory had NOT skipped a beat and has fill ins from undefeated JV squad of last year. Classic Watauga and Hickory matchup needed to see who is the king of the foothills lol. Hibriten took Lincolnton in a scrimmage but not sure how much and to see Hickory crush them, oh man. Dynasty y’all.

Defense is physical this year for EB!!

First of all North Lincoln doesn't even know how to use Wingate. His potential will never be fully unlocked at North Lincoln. And just from what I was told about West Lincoln their line this year is a rebuild. Haven't seen them yet so don't know how true that is but that is the key to their whole system. Ultimately I'm pulling for Wingate because I know his family especially dad. As far as hickory goes I said on here earlier that they are probably deeper this year than they were last year when we scrimmaging them they were bringing him players just as big and fast all in the scrimmage

Reactions: Burkeforreal
And from what my freedom contacts tell me with Bunker Hill everything starts and finishes with Willis. They said he was playing running back quarterback receiver on defense playing corner on the best receiver. Returning kickoffs. Just going off work I was told. So it looks like they're going to have to keep him fresh somehow this year. 🚑 🏥 🤣

I see Newton is over the moon with moral victories last night 🤣🤣. But could also be delirium from lack of sleep Getting home around 1am 🤣🤣
Actual Quote from Coach Wilson last night to his team. "there are no morals victories tonight". Those young men hung tough. They knew they were in for a battle. Just got to get back to work. Got a big time battle next week. I swear I think you could get an all-star team from all the other schools in the county and I'm not sure they would be able to beat Hickory I'm just being honest. But who knows.

And from what my freedom contacts tell me with Bunker Hill everything starts and finishes with Willis. They said he was playing running back quarterback receiver on defense playing corner on the best receiver. Returning kickoffs. Just going off work I was told. So it looks like they're going to have to keep him fresh somehow this year. 🚑 🏥 🤣
The Bears overcame… just keep winning baby…says a lot about their football program.

This win over Freedom reminded me of the gut check win over at CSD….down 2 scores and the Bears kept believing.

First of all North Lincoln doesn't even know how to use Wingate. His potential will never be fully unlocked at North Lincoln. And just from what I was told about West Lincoln their line this year is a rebuild. Haven't seen them yet so don't know how true that is but that is the key to their whole system. Ultimately I'm pulling for Wingate because I know his family especially dad. As far as hickory goes I said on here earlier that they are probably deeper this year than they were last year when we scrimmaging them they were bringing him players just as big and fast all in the scrimmage
So West Lincoln is in a bit of a rebuild like O and D line both or alittle bit of everything and over ranked? Their D didn’t look half bad it just that they didn’t have what it took to keep North from eating clock and getting off the field and North well they just had em. I was skeptical that it was prob gonna turn into a one sided affair if they put on what they put on against Bandys.

I thought Wingate played pretty well and they didn’t seem to overwork him like McCaffery on Carolina. Up the middle hitting the seams fast and dragging a player or 2 before going down seem to work ok. I trust your judgment though on how a team could use a player like him differently. Agee was the other one they used him more on the outside and he was limited by the D unless there’s some plays I missed. I hope he don’t go to another team after this mass of Seniors walk away this December

As of right now it seems Statesville and North will be only teams that will stand up to Hickory in this area. Hickory was busting on all cylinders last night just getting at it early too, 2 plays and 6 soon as they got the ball.

Actual Quote from Coach Wilson last night to his team. "there are no morals victories tonight". Those young men hung tough. They knew they were in for a battle. Just got to get back to work. Got a big time battle next week. I swear I think you could get an all-star team from all the other schools in the county and I'm not sure they would be able to beat Hickory I'm just being honest. But who knows.
The moral victories are on NC Facebook page from fans lol. I won't fault anyone losing to hickory at the moment. The question is does these loses get into Newton head like in the past and tear the team apart to collapse. History has shown in the past Newton loses and kids turn on each other and tear the team apart. Can that culture be fixed and how long does it take. That is the true question

Reactions: NM88
So West Lincoln is in a bit of a rebuild like O and D line both or alittle bit of everything and over ranked? Their D didn’t look half bad it just that they didn’t have what it took to keep North from eating clock and getting off the field and North well they just had em. I was skeptical that it was prob gonna turn into a one sided affair if they put on what they put on against Bandys.

I thought Wingate played pretty well and they didn’t seem to overwork him like McCaffery on Carolina. Up the middle hitting the seams fast and dragging a player or 2 before going down seem to work ok. I trust your judgment though on how a team could use a player like him differently. Agee was the other one they used him more on the outside and he was limited by the D unless there’s some plays I missed. I hope he don’t go to another team after this mass of Seniors walk away this December

As of right now it seems Statesville and North will be only teams that will stand up to Hickory in this area. Hickory was busting on all cylinders last night just getting at it early too, 2 plays and 6 soon as they got the ball.
U state a big issue in your post. Wingate is only used in the A and B Gap. As long as he's at North he won't get to showcase his ability to bounce outside or what he could do with screen passes.

On the moral victories….here’s one….it was a good RPI game for Newton….West Henderson will probably win a bunch of games. Hickory will too.

Off subject…but thought I’d post….happened to notice Hendersonville won. Good for them.

They was a good team I agree but they wasn’t really impressive def didn’t live up to the hype of how good people was really saying they were. I think a team like maiden or bandys or even BH could definitely hang with that Christ school team. I would like to see how BH Bears RB Willis could do vs their defense cause we sure couldn’t run on them without out players getting drilled in the ground.

Don’t get me wrong I was at the game I know what I saw out of both teams. We stopped the run especially their inside run and they struggled on the extra points tonight and penalties The 4 ⭐️ QB didn’t live up to his hype I’ve seen better QB Play. To me he didn’t live up to the talk about how good he is. He isn’t bad though he is sophomore I’m sure he will only get better. But hey at least the boy can throw the football LOL something which EB QB can’t. He completed very few balls thrown wooohooo. Completed a pass thrown to Caden Buff which was an amazing grab and catch by him that was the high light of the night on offense for EB other than that we couldn’t do anything on offense it’s amazing how on 3rd down and long we want to run it up the middle….I guess running the ball is the answer to why we don’t throw the football cause we don’t have a QB that can throw…I know he threw one ball to Caden Buff with like 4 defenders all over him and it took forever for the ball to get to him and buff gets drilled not very smart or a play in general. But props to the Cavs for not letting them steam roll over them. No matter if we stood our ground against a team like that I still think they EB will struggle this season once again like last year we might and I say “might” win 2 games if we are lucky and they better hope they stay healthy.
But props to EB defense they did play outstanding vs Christ only thing that impressed me about that team was how big of some of those players they had. EB is not as big as they were last year with athleticism. D Line seems pretty stout though.
Yes the boys was up beat but they did not quit this will help them in the future this defense is so much better this year but we got to get the offense moving b
Yeah. I played those years we got the brakes beat off of us playing those Cleveland county teams and getting beat by 50. So I know how it was. But it’s still not fun watching them as alumni and fan. EB is in need of change like Freedom did over the off season. Thats me though.

Tough place to win you are living in the past this school has a tough time wining in any sport other than Track and Women's basketball. good luck to anyone wanting the job. 80 kids out for football and at Patton 21 I don't think you know what it takes to coach football. This team is the most competitive it has been in years so go support some other team if you don't like how things is going. I have not heard you say one positive thing about anything!! That is all I will say about this Good Bye!!

Yes the boys was up beat but they did not quit this will help them in the future this defense is so much better this year but we got to get the offense moving b

Tough place to win you are living in the past this school has a tough time wining in any sport other than Track and Women's basketball. good luck to anyone wanting the job. 80 kids out for football and at Patton 21 I don't think you know what it takes to coach football. This team is the most competitive it has been in years so go support some other team if you don't like how things is going. I have not heard you say one positive thing about anything!! That is all I will say about this Good Bye!!
East Burke could easily be Fred t Foard...
Minor has made y'all better at football because honestly Foard has better athletes and speed than east Burke usually. That's why Minor was more successful at Foard. And if wasn't for wrestling and the wrestling coach would probably still be at Foard winning games and playoffs. Now on to Foard above is true but they don't have enough to compete without a good system that takes advantage of what they have.
And to beat a dead horse again, if they had a West Lincoln guy come in and set up that system in Foard they could be a better version of West Lincoln. Because they get a few more athletes with speed come through there, if they don't leave. But I digress, there is a pathway for Foard. East Burke has been neutered by the additional 2 schools in county and honestly is just gonna have to play with what they have meaning kids buy into Minor and weight room to be a strong physical team.

The moral victories are on NC Facebook page from fans lol. I won't fault anyone losing to hickory at the moment. The question is does these loses get into Newton head like in the past and tear the team apart to collapse. History has shown in the past Newton loses and kids turn on each other and tear the team apart. Can that culture be fixed and how long does it take. That is the true question
Yep left that fan page along time ago. Like I said before a lot of toxic fans. Turn on a coach at the drop of a hat... I stand behind them Win or lose. We will see if the atmosphere has changed around conference time

East Burke could easily be Fred t Foard...
Minor has made y'all better at football because honestly Foard has better athletes and speed than east Burke usually. That's why Minor was more successful at Foard. And if wasn't for wrestling and the wrestling coach would probably still be at Foard winning games and playoffs. Now on to Foard above is true but they don't have enough to compete without a good system that takes advantage of what they have.
And to beat a dead horse again, if they had a West Lincoln guy come in and set up that system in Foard they could be a better version of West Lincoln. Because they get a few more athletes with speed come through there, if they don't leave. But I digress, there is a pathway for Foard. East Burke has been neutered by the additional 2 schools in county and honestly is just gonna have to play with what they have meaning kids buy into Minor and weight room to be a strong physical team.

I agree but some fans are always never going to be happy and live in the past and make up stuff they don't know anything about!!Coaches can't go out there and thrown the ball are go tackle somebody if the talent is not there what do you do!! Maiden devil you speak the truth!! Some key board warriors are not true sport fans but you know the game!!

Coach Minor develops his student/athletes in a positive way. He takes what he has and coaches them up to compete in football and life. East Burke folks need to be patient and positive with his approach.

Lol what’s there to be positive about a losing program in all sports except track and field basketball 😂. I know how things run at EB I was on both football and basketball teams. I have said positive things though about the “defense”. I’ll always support my Alma mater no matter what. But there really isn’t anything to be positive about the football program just saying if you don’t see that then you need to wake up. The coach does a great job with the kids and teaching them life lessons and stuff and to be a good Christian man. But his coaching style is not too great by no means. Run the ball on 3rd 10 run the ball on 3rd 15-20. These teams know what they are going to run by now it’s obvious. But again you can do much when you don’t have a passing QB. Nothing positive on offensive other than the 2 RBs that is it!!!!!! Defense could be good if they stay healthy. Will see in conference play.

don't see as many blow outs this year as last for the fact the passing game is not as strong
I believe that portion wil get better week by week. Game kinda reminded me of Lincolnton last year. Should have been able to throw on them, but just wasn't. New Q didn't have a good stat line, but made some good throws in the 2nd half to show that he can get the job done.

Reactions: Lincolnton
Lol what’s there to be positive about a losing program in all sports except track and field basketball 😂. I know how things run at EB I was on both football and basketball teams. I have said positive things though about the “defense”. I’ll always support my Alma mater no matter what. But there really isn’t anything to be positive about the football program just saying if you don’t see that then you need to wake up. The coach does a great job with the kids and teaching them life lessons and stuff and to be a good Christian man. But his coaching style is not too great by no means. Run the ball on 3rd 10 run the ball on 3rd 15-20. These teams know what they are going to run by now it’s obvious. But again you can do much when you don’t have a passing QB. Nothing positive on offensive other than the 2 RBs that is it!!!!!! Defense could be good if they stay healthy. Will see in conference play.

EB is as good as they will get so you might want go pull for another team sounds like!! QB threw 18 times after the qb change so if you seen them run 3 and 10 we were not watching the same game!! Not going to waste my time comment's on anything you say!! Have a great day.

EB is as good as they will get so you might want go pull for another team sounds like!! QB threw 18 times after the qb change so if you seen them run 3 and 10 we were not watching the same game!! Not going to waste my time comment's on anything you say!! Have a great day.
I was there the whole game bud. And nah I’m good I’ll always support EB but as a fan it’s nerve racking to watch a team do the same crap over and over again. Do you enjoy watching that? If so you are boring too 😀. And I wasn’t just saying the other night I’m talking about last year and the year before running the ball up the middle on 3rd and 10 or hell even 4th down running the ball. They do some stupid crap I know I'm not the only EB fan that realizes this. There was people left and right of where I was sitting Friday bashing the coach for such stupid play calls.

This year is different looks like they are passing the ball more, better talent than in the past. The last couple of years we lost the games on the defense late TD passes late in the game. With the players you have had the last few years that have had no QB that that can throw the ball we do now the somp QB if he stays healthy. I have a son playing there but we move in three years ago but I am happy with what I see so far, we have a tough conference. I look back the last coach only won a couple of games and the conference was weaker so looks like EB has always been bad you can beat a dead horse or we can see what happens this year! Go Cavs!!

This year is different looks like they are passing the ball more, better talent than in the past. The last couple of years we lost the games on the defense late TD passes late in the game. With the players you have had the last few years that have had no QB that that can throw the ball we do now the somp QB if he stays healthy. I have a son playing there but we move in three years ago but I am happy with what I see so far, we have a tough conference. I look back the last coach only won a couple of games and the conference was weaker so looks like EB has always been bad you can beat a dead horse or we can see what happens this year! Go Cavs!!
The years I played varsity as a junior and seniors years 2014-2015 and 2015 - 2016. junior year season we went 3-8 and 2-6 in conference but we played Cleveland county teams very tough coemption down that way. My senior year we was 8-6 and 5-3 in conference and we made 3rd round playoffs. When they opened up Draughn it really hurt EB. EB hasn't really had that bad of coaches in years past I was coached by the Legend TOM BROWN one of the greatest coaches to ever coach the game I was lucky to have such a great coach. 3 years before you can came in well before that the conference wasn't really weaker they played some of the same teams like maiden , west lincoln, Newton Conver, West Iredell was decent then , patton was pretty decent they beat EB 63-0 year of '17 I think, Bunker Hill, Hibriten was really good so they playing some of the same teams.

But I will agree EB has never been a team to let down and give up. Don't get me wrong I hope they win some games and even upset some teams but it will be tough they better hope they stay healthy and not end up like last season. I do like what I see on defense so far will see how it really looks when we play Freedom this week. Both Offense and Defense

The years I played varsity as a junior and seniors years 2014-2015 and 2015 - 2016. junior year season we went 3-8 and 2-6 in conference but we played Cleveland county teams very tough coemption down that way. My senior year we was 8-6 and 5-3 in conference and we made 3rd round playoffs. When they opened up Draughn it really hurt EB. EB hasn't really had that bad of coaches in years past I was coached by the Legend TOM BROWN one of the greatest coaches to ever coach the game I was lucky to have such a great coach. 3 years before you can came in well before that the conference wasn't really weaker they played some of the same teams like maiden , west lincoln, Newton Conver, West Iredell was decent then , patton was pretty decent they beat EB 63-0 year of '17 I think, Bunker Hill, Hibriten was really good so they playing some of the same teams.

But I will agree EB has never been a team to let down and give up. Don't get me wrong I hope they win some games and even upset some teams but it will be tough they better hope they stay healthy and not end up like last season. I do like what I see on defense so far will see how it really looks when we play Freedom this week. Both Offense and Defense
And EB lost a lot of talent last year to graduation they got their hands full this year

I'm a tom brown disciple. Me and Tom talked all the time when his wife was sick. And would talk football constantly.

You're spot-on on your comment. N-C will turn on a coaching staff on a heartbeat. Look at the list of coaches over the past decade and you see no-names and big names run out of town. The athletes will be blaming each other and the staff after Hickory.

You're spot-on on your comment. N-C will turn on a coaching staff on a heartbeat. Look at the list of coaches over the past decade and you see no-names and big names run out of town. The athletes will be blaming each other and the staff after Hickory.
N-C fought hard on Friday, they looked well coached. I think West lost focus a little after going up 20-0 in the 1st Q, but credit to N-C for staying in it. They definitely didn't make it easy on themselves early in the season.

N-C fought hard on Friday, they looked well coached. I think West lost focus a little after going up 20-0 in the 1st Q, but credit to N-C for staying in it. They definitely didn't make it easy on themselves early in the season.
The game film against West Henderson showed a QB scrambling a lot and a porous run defense. West Henderson had to have had 300+ yards rushing and 500 total for the game.

It won't be the hickory game. They are going into that one expecting to lose. Now if somehow east Rutherford beat them. Then the wheels are Getting really loose. They beat West Caldwell, but if Lincolnton gets them and 1-4 it's over because hard games at back end of schedule.

The game film against West Henderson showed a QB scrambling a lot and a porous run defense. West Henderson had to have had 300+ yards rushing and 500 total for the game.
The offensive and defensive line is definitely their weakness from what I've seen so far. QB is athletic enough to take advantage of broken play. But he's got happy feet, doesn't wanna be crowded or hit. If hickory harasses him enough he will start to slide when he sees a hit coming.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
The offensive and defensive line is definitely their weakness from what I've seen so far. QB is athletic enough to take advantage of broken play. But he's got happy feet, doesn't wanna be crowded or hit. If hickory harasses him enough he will start to slide when he sees a hit coming.
We have quite a few that will be capable of getting after the QB. Our defense is much quicker than last year and they really harassed Hibriten last week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT