ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Scrimmages

As I've learned from coaches when just coming out of a scrimmage/game..."It's never as good as it seems and it's never as bad as it seems, that's why we watch film."

A lot of good things and some things to work on. Defending 3A Staye Champs still look the part. Two-way vs two platoon is always leaning in the latter's favor...I'm excited about this season!

Go Blue!

And school starts Aug 26th so do t know if enrollment starts now or when honestly don't have kids lol

Hickory Red Tornado Ducks!🫵

Hope to see everybody!

Go! Blue.
I hate I didn't get over to see you, but I was entertained by my little Buddy, Rowdy and Mr. Lincolnton this evening. The scrimmage went about they way I expected. Both coaching staffs did a lot of substituting and switching up. When the line comes together for HHS, I think we'll do fine again this year. We still need a couple more to step up and be leaders as well. We lost some awesome kids in that department to graduation. That grass was nice and green, but needs cut.

@Big Red RKO I really want to thank your kids for coming out to watch our scrimmage and talking all that trash to the maiden players lol. It definitely didn't go unnoticed. It's nice to get some bulletin board material this early in the year and definitely think it helped a light a fire in some of those kids at maiden. Hope y'all's kids are ready 🤣

Reactions: FormerDog38
@Big Red RKO I really want to thank your kids for coming out to watch our scrimmage and talking all that trash to the maiden players lol. It definitely didn't go unnoticed. It's nice to get some bulletin board material this early in the year and definitely think it helped a light a fire in some of those kids at maiden. Hope y'all's kids are ready 🤣
Highly unlikely considering they were practicing at the time, but IF they did I personally knew nothing about it.

Definitely was lo.l Newton gear on and I know names lol. But definitely not gonna drop names on here. It's all good we can use some fire 🔥 for the season 😈

I hate I didn't get over to see you, but I was entertained by my little Buddy, Rowdy and Mr. Lincolnton this evening. The scrimmage went about they way I expected. Both coaching staffs did a lot of substituting and switching up. When the line comes together for HHS, I think we'll do fine again this year. We still need a couple more to step up and be leaders as well. We lost some awesome kids in that department to graduation. That grass was nice and green, but needs cut.
Same here Duck. Hoping we get together soon.

I will say…. I mowed 7 acres over at Mom’s on Saturday and I shouldn’t have….I slopped and sloshed through it….felt like I was in a swamp buggy race with AMD. Monday, after work, would’ve been better…but I had to see that scrimmage!😂

Hickory looks real good! Duck 😉 Best of luck to those Red Tornados.

Creek, you’re a good son, taking care of your Mom. Mowing seven acres, to me, seems like every yard on my street. I have 3/4 of an acre, but on the upside there isn’t much grass to cut.

AMD, considering who the Blue Devils were scrimmaging, they didn’t look too bad. Taking on Hickory is like going up against the better Charlotte teams.
Frankly, I felt a little discouraged, knowing the Blue Devils would be the team to beat, again, in the CVAC.
See, us kindly Lincolnton fans believe we should be winning the CVAC.

AMD, considering who the Blue Devils were scrimmaging, they didn’t look too bad. Taking on Hickory is like going up against the better Charlotte teams.
Frankly, I felt a little discouraged, knowing the Blue Devils would be the team to beat, again, in the CVAC.
I think it’s more of a toss up on who wins the CVAC this year versus who would win it last year.

It’s gonna be fun watching who pulls it off.

Just wait till we have everyone playing LOL. Top receiver from last year will be ready Friday. Not too sure about the new kid. Tae had a nice deep touchdown at the first part of the scrimmage. I really think ramsuer start getting in the rhythm at running back he can be dangerous also along with Kendall

Creek, one thing about this conference, if a team comes in and are just a little bit off, it could cost them the game, but I suppose that’s what makes it fun.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Highly unlikely considering they were practicing at the time, but IF they did I personally knew nothing about it.
While AMD might be the more colorful of us Maiden sort...he's not a liar. Definitely a large group of Newton kids cheering wildly for Hickory.

I get it...can't control what the kids do and they sure as heck don't listen even if you tell 50 times to keep to themselves and not rile up other schools. It happens everywhere.

No I'm not trying to call him a liar. When I left practice at 5 they were still there. I'm sure players from Maiden and other schools will be there Thursday against AC. Neither team needs to focus on each other until the last week of regular season. We have to get past West Henderson first, then worry about everyone else. Apologies for the confusion. No bad ill intended

The QB IS 6FT 4 signed with UNC someone said. oh well another tough game!!
Honestly if they beat y'all don't let it get you down. It's a perfect game for y'all if y'all lose aren't meant to win so just helps with toughness. And if y'all make a game out of it or somehow do win. Y'all get confidence of world beaters.

Just got in from the Lincolnton scrimmage with East and West Mecklenburg:
Don't think we scored against West Mecklenburg, and don't remember them scoring against us; but I was talking to other fans a good bit of the time and could be wrong...I believe we came closer to scoring against West in the live portion of the scrimmage than they did against us. Can't remember who the receiver was for us but Cloninger hit him in full stride just befor the end zone and he dropped the ball. They had a fairly long run of about 30-40 yards (no score), and they connected on a pass that went for about 25-30 yards (again no score).
Thought we had a little better defense, a better passing game, and about even in speed. If we played them in a regulation game I feel like Lincolnton would have a fair chance of winning.
About East Mecklenburg, we scored a couple of times or maybe more, not sure how many, and I don't think they scored on us.

Overall, on the downside it looked like we need to work on blocking and giving our quarterback a couple of extra seconds.
On the upside, our defense looked better than last year, they swarm to the ball and will hit hard. We have some speed from new arrivals, and is it enough to impress Maiden ? I think so:).
Upcoming year in the CVAC: I look for the Wolves to be competetive with a reasonable chance to finish in the top three.

*First time I've seen West or East Mecklenburg play since the 1960's when Lincolnton's two non-conference games were against Newton-Conover (always), and one of a few Charlotte Mecklenburg schools.

*Best looking uniform: I like Lincolnton's outfit, and I admit to being partial. Tonight it was all black with the yellow/gold helmet and trim. Got to say, though, East Meck has a natty looking outfit, too. They were wearing a bright white uniform and helmet with blue trim.

*Absolutely a great day for a scrimmage. It rained until about noon, here, but from then on it was partly cloudy with comfortable temps, for a change.

*Old memories: At my age it's not unusual to look for connections to the past. Sixty years ago, the only daytime radio station around here that played pop music was WAYS 610 on the AM dial out of Charlotte. Sometimes, during football season they would play a spirit song for some of the local teams. One I recall distinctly was for East Mecklenburg, that went, "East Mecklenburg High will never say die....They really play the game. The blue and white will be out of sight with 61 Charlotte WAYS (Big ways). "
Always wished they would have done a pep song for us, but they didn't.

Just got in from the Lincolnton scrimmage with East and West Mecklenburg:
Don't think we scored against West Mecklenburg, and don't remember them scoring against us; but I was talking to other fans a good bit of the time and could be wrong...I believe we came closer to scoring against West in the live portion of the scrimmage than they did against us. Can't remember who the receiver was for us but Cloninger hit him in full stride just befor the end zone and he dropped the ball. They had a fairly long run of about 30-40 yards (no score), and they connected on a pass that went for about 25-30 yards (again no score).
Thought we had a little better defense, a better passing game, and about even in speed. If we played them in a regulation game I feel like Lincolnton would have a fair chance of winning.
About East Mecklenburg, we scored a couple of times or maybe more, not sure how many, and I don't think they scored on us.

Overall, on the downside it looked like we need to work on blocking and giving our quarterback a couple of extra seconds.
On the upside, our defense looked better than last year, they swarm to the ball and will hit hard. We have some speed from new arrivals, and is it enough to impress Maiden ? I think so:).
Upcoming year in the CVAC: I look for the Wolves to be competetive with a reasonable chance to finish in the top three.

*First time I've seen West or East Mecklenburg play since the 1960's when Lincolnton's two non-conference games were against Newton-Conover (always), and one of a few Charlotte Mecklenburg schools.

*Best looking uniform: I like Lincolnton's outfit, and I admit to being partial. Tonight it was all black with the yellow/gold helmet and trim. Got to say, though, East Meck has a natty looking outfit, too. They were wearing a bright white uniform and helmet with blue trim.

*Absolutely a great day for a scrimmage. It rained until about noon, here, but from then on it was partly cloudy with comfortable temps, for a change.

*Old memories: At my age it's not unusual to look for connections to the past. Sixty years ago, the only daytime radio station around here that played pop music was WAYS 610 on the AM dial out of Charlotte. Sometimes, during football season they would play a spirit song for some of the local teams. One I recall distinctly was for East Mecklenburg, that went, "East Mecklenburg High will never say die....They really play the game. The blue and white will be out of sight with 61 Charlotte WAYS (Big ways). "
Always wished they would have done a pep song for us, but they didn't.
Hopefully we can overcome y'all's speed with our size and length to disrupt y'all's offense. The possibilities for us if everything works out 🤣🤣

Honestly if they beat y'all don't let it get you down. It's a perfect game for y'all if y'all lose aren't meant to win so just helps with toughness. And if y'all make a game out of it or somehow do win. Y'all get confidence of world beaters.

Good point but losing seems to hurt the program while some programs are in weak conference that makes them look but EB can have a good group and still lose games it still gets old!!We will still keep the faith!!

Then after he eats it all he’ll say the banana had a spot on it and demand a refund. He’ll say he’s going to give them a one star review on social media if they charge him for it.
First of all I don't eat banana splits. I don't like stuff all mixed together lol. Only vanilla ice cream and I don't like syrups or whip cream. 2nd I don't really consume sugar anymore or very little very occasionally. @Maiden Creek I eat BBQ just not nasty vinegar sauce 🤣🤣

AMD, I’ve read posts from eastern guys discussing baebecue and I’m thinking eastern NC BBQ is the vinegar based sauce. In this part of the state most sauces are thicker and red.
Went to a wedding reception down in Monroe and the caterer served eastern NC style. It was great.
You must be going to a scrimmage over there. Enjoy it.

Postscript: Be careful, they pretty strict about road rage, over there.

AMD, I’ve read posts from eastern guys discussing baebecue and I’m thinking eastern NC BBQ is the vinegar based sauce. In this part of the state most sauces are thicker and red.
Went to a wedding reception down in Monroe and the caterer served eastern NC style. It was great.
You must be going to a scrimmage over there. Enjoy it.

Postscript: Be careful, they pretty strict about road rage, over there.
Lexington style has a vinegar and ketchup based sauce already on (and in) the meat when served. None of that mustard South Carolina mess or that dry as sandpaper eastern stuff. And the only kind of slaw…the red kind. If one wants cole slaw, order flounder.
Okay, back to football.

OC, thank you, my friend, for setting me straight on that. I was trying to keep AMD out of trouble.
Hope you see this, AMD.

OC, the barbecue you brought to me from Tommy’s in Thomasville, was so good I felt disappointed after the last bite because there was no more left.
If you happen to go to this scrimmage that Maiden is in and per an unkind stroke of fate where you would happen to meet AMD, DON’T get in the car with him. He participates in the demolition contest up at Hickory.

Lexington style has a vinegar and ketchup based sauce already on (and in) the meat when served. None of that mustard South Carolina mess or that dry as sandpaper eastern stuff. And the only kind of slaw…the red kind. If one wants cole slaw, order flounder.
Okay, back to football.
Yeah Lexington style BBQ is more ketchup based, and Eastern Carolina isn't bad it's more depending on Where you go. Parker's in Wilson is the best down east then Wilbers in Goldsboro. That SC mess can go straight in the garbage. But at least it's not that mayonnaise based stuff you find West of SC. That's just unamerican

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT