ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2024 - Scrimmages

One source I got is that Freedom offense looked really good. But defense needed some work. And Draughn defense looked really good. This also was the reason why I had Freedom n Bunker Hill as my 1st games of interest. I feel Freedom may be climbing their way back. We will see. It may not be what I think.

Last edited:
I really don’t how post scrimmage games but from what I seen looked like Ashbrook was more dominant. Good size and QB had some good throws. For what it’s worth I think I counted having Ashbrook 3 TDs to Blacksburg S.C. 0.
Scrimmages can be hard to gauge but from info I found about Blacksburg S.C. they are a 2A school. Last year they were 3-7, 2022 they were 0-10, ‘21 they were 1-8. Last year I think they beat Cherryville like 59-46

Also as unorganized as mountain Island charter scrimmage went. I need a partial refund on my $10 ticket 🤣🤣. Missed out on lot of the action 🤣🤣 also wasn't gonna stick around to see highland tech scrimmage 🤣 I can say as I was walking out north Gaston first play of scrimmage was 80 yard touchdown run lol

Also as unorganized as mountain Island charter scrimmage went. I need a partial refund on my $10 ticket 🤣🤣. Missed out on lot of the action 🤣🤣 also wasn't gonna stick around to see highland tech scrimmage 🤣 I can say as I was walking out north Gaston first play of scrimmage was 80 yard touchdown run lol

Here at mountain Island charter. Nice looking turf and field but honestly that's about all. Don't even know if I'd call this a stadium. $10 a ticket 🤣. Seating on one side only and it's portable bleachers 4 rows high
AMD, we need to change your screen name to Stadium Critic. Today, I came through Mt.Holly, so I stopped off at Mountain Island to see their stadium. Told them you'd been throwing off on their facilities and their lack of organization.

They said to tell you that you are now a persona non grata (remember me talking about that the other day ?) . They also asked where I'm from, I told them I am a proud Lincolnton sort. They said, well, you can add your name to that list, too...See what you got us into ? Now, I'm a persona non grata...I'll declare, you take the cake !

AMD, we need to change your screen name to Stadium Critic. Today, I came through Mt.Holly, so I stopped off at Mountain Island to see their stadium. Told them you'd been throwing off on their facilities and their lack of organization.

They said to tell you that you are now a persona non grata (remember me talking about that the other day ?) . They also asked where I'm from, I told them I am a proud Lincolnton sort. They said, well, you can add your name to that list, too...See what you got us into ? Now, I'm a persona non grata...I'll declare, you take the cake !
I corrected myself above and said it turned out to be middle school field 😂. Now as my comments about unorganized I'll stand by them. Lol they actually had listed the full turnout of scrimmages I would have went straight to the main stadium and never even checked out the JV. Let's just say the grand finale scrimmage should never involve highland tech 🤣🤣

So if Foard and EB were playing kinda dead even then that could mean Foard has improved cause they did have a good JV team last year or EB may be suffering huge graduation tallent loss. How was RB and QB play?

So if Foard and EB were playing kinda dead even then that could mean Foard has improved cause they did have a good JV team last year or EB may be suffering huge graduation tallent loss. How was RB and QB play?
Foard has improved big kids JV team was good EB moved the ball good they were working on different schemes ,Did not runs as much as they would!! They only played 30 minutes pass the ball a lot. QB overshot wide open receivers all night not a good look for the JR QB happy feet!! Somp QB qb looked better!! Freedom is going to be good looks like Athletes everywhere.

Last edited:
Mountain Island charters scrimmage was the most disorganized scrimmage I ever saw. Had JVs on 1 field and Varsity on another. Players and Coaches had to rush to get from 1 field to the other. Games were delayed because of heat. Understandable but you adjust the schedule accordingly. Understand Bessemer City never showed up. NC and Forest View coaches were disappointed and frustrated having the scrimmage cut short by 15 minutes. Play time was 1 hour each. Nice turf field, Ashbrook looked very fast and physical. Forrest View looked good. Didn't stick around for North Gaston and Highland Tech. What little I did see NG looked like they were ready for a good season. More organization and this wouldn't have been a bad scrimmage to go to.

Mountain Island charters scrimmage was the most disorganized scrimmage I ever saw. Had JVs on 1 field and Varsity on another. Players and Coaches had to rush to get from 1 field to the other. Games were delayed because of heat. Understandable but you adjust the schedule accordingly. Understand Bessemer City never showed up. NC and Forest View coaches were disappointed and frustrated having the scrimmage cut short by 15 minutes. Play time was 1 hour each. Nice turf field, Ashbrook looked very fast and physical. Forrest View looked good. Didn't stick around for North Gaston and Highland Tech. What little I did see NG looked like they were ready for a good season. More organization and this wouldn't have been a bad scrimmage to go to.
I heard very first play Highland tech got scored on but not surprising.

Foard has improved big kids JV team was good EB moved the ball good they were working on different schemes ,Did not runs as much as they would!! They only played 30 minutes pass the ball a lot. QB overshot wide open receivers all night not a good look for the JR QB happy feet!! Somp QB qb looked better!! Freedom is going to be good looks like Athletes everywhere.
I hope that they improve that passing, or ought to. Foard ought to win a few and I guess if EB can improve the passing and open the playbook they might surprise people. But that’s looking at them vrs Foard so who knows. I’d have to see or hear of another game or 2 to come up with a hypothesis

Reactions: Maiden Creek
CSD is looking forward to getting up to BH! Should be a good match up. We scrimmaged 4A North Meck on Saturday with all 75 of their players and their SEC commits blah blah…beat them 35-0. We are better than we were last year - I can say that.

See you all Friday night!

Ok Maiden guys, who coming to Central Davidson on Friday?
I’ll be there.

Watched a heated debate this Saturday with some old Blue Devils on where we were going.😂 I’m sure it will continue tonight at the scrimmage.

It’s narrowed down to Lexington BBQ, BBQ Center, Speedys. All 3 are good to my understanding.

Embarrassed to say….I haven’t been to any of them.

What say you?

I hope that they improve that passing, or ought to. Foard ought to win a few and I guess if EB can improve the passing and open the playbook they might surprise people. But that’s looking at them vrs Foard so who knows. I’d have to see or hear of another game or 2 to come up with a hypothesis
Yes if we had played a whole game would have been different story They just worked on different schemes I think but that what you look for playing practice games. Having open receivers all night which has to be completed for sure That is something that must get corrected!!

Last edited:
I’ll be there.

Watched a heated debate this Saturday with some old Blue Devils on where we were going.😂 I’m sure it will continue tonight at the scrimmage.

It’s narrowed down to Lexington BBQ, BBQ Center, Speedys. All 3 are good to my understanding.

Embarrassed to say….I haven’t been to any of them.

What say you?
You can’t go wrong with any of the 3, Lexington BBQ is the famous one, Speedys is in a new building, haven’t been yet since they moved. But I will be dining at the BBQ center prior to the game. If you are real ambitious finish off with the banana split. It will be about a 20 minute ride to Central from any of the 3. Drive past both schools(MS is first) and enter road to parking lot. Parking for visitors is not close. No concessions at all on visitors side. There is bathrooms.

Just let me know if you got any other questions.

Hickory out played us tonight. First part of scrimmage we scored the same as they did. But in the live game part we didn't score they scored twice I believe. We where switching in different lineup's and didn't have all our players yet either
What did you think of Hickory?

What did you think of Hickory?
They look just as good as they did last year. I think they're lime is actually bigger. And looks like they have a deep rotation of players. That's one thing that got to us tonight towards the end we were wore down and they still seem fresh. We had them in 3rd and 15th free straight drives but they would break a big play. I'm hoping we should have all our kids by this Friday playing

You can’t go wrong with any of the 3, Lexington BBQ is the famous one, Speedys is in a new building, haven’t been yet since they moved. But I will be dining at the BBQ center prior to the game. If you are real ambitious finish off with the banana split. It will be about a 20 minute ride to Central from any of the 3. Drive past both schools(MS is first) and enter road to parking lot. Parking for visitors is not close. No concessions at all on visitors side. There is bathrooms.

Just let me know if you got any other questions.
Great choice Sportsnut! Speedy’s is good. Lexington BBQ (Honeymonk’s) is mostly media hype and cliquish. The Barbecue Center is the real deal.

How did the Hickory/Maiden scrimmage go. Any thoughts what yall saw
First of all…great turnout for a scrimmage for both sides. I was entertained throughout.

Stober and Lackey ain’t missed a beat for Hickory. I also thought Hickory’s run defense looked better than last year. The Red Tornadoes have size at every position compared to Maiden. It was glaring.

Maiden played tough…I’ll give them credit…Lackey is a load!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT