James Kenan at East Duplin👀
West Stokes vs TW Andrews
SW Edgecombe vs Farmville Central
Bandys at West Lincoln👀
WRH vs SW Onslow
St. Paul’s at Charlotte Latin

Last edited:
weird rankings since #14 Walkertown beat #7 Forest Hills and #9 Salisbury
I honestly don't know the inner-workings of their magic formula to get rankings...but I'm positive they view those Walkertown wins as...blunders, for lack of better terms...I think they're assuming that if Walkertown plays Forest Hills and Salisbury 10 times each, that Walkertown only wins once against each. That's got to be in their equation somehow.

Walkertown also lost to winless North Davidson this past Friday.
Walkertown got pickled!

…they were 6 seconds away from winning that game.

Yep…a kid named Ethan Pickle ran it in from 20 yards out as time expired…the extra point sealed it.

Have mercy!

Let’s all remember last year’s scores….

Salisbury 62 Walkertown 6
Forest Hills 41 Walkertown 6
North Davidson 48 Walkertown 7

What a turn around for those Walkertown Wolves.🫵

Last edited:
I noticed the Nash Central vs Beddingfield game has disappeared….i guess it was canceled.

That’s a couple more 2a teams with 9 game schedules….unless something changes.
Monroe still hasn't rescheduled the remainder of the West Charlotte game which had started but stopped due to weather. So they currently still only have a 9 game schedule.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I noticed the Nash Central vs Beddingfield game has disappeared….i guess it was canceled.

That’s a couple more 2a teams with 9 game schedules….unless something changes.
It was cancelled with no make up scheduled. It was supposed to be at Beddingfield, but the field conditions were to messed up, so on Friday afternoon, Nash Central offered to host. It was a go, but then they couldn't find enough Nash County law enforcement on a few hours notice to make the game secure. Two other county schools were already hosting games.

2a games to watch

Monroe at Porter Ridge👀
Brevard at East Rutherford 👀
Salisbury at Thomasville
Bunker Hill vs Lincolnton
Bandys at West Lincoln👀
WRH vs SW Onslow

wow, how? lol

Then again, dont know how good Latin is this season, haven't been following them

wow, how? lol

Then again, dont know how good Latin is this season, haven't been following them
They actually played last year as well…St. Paul’s won that game too.

Latin is 5-0 this time around….aint gotta clue who’ll win this time.

There is a poster…I haven’t seen him post lately….that told us all…beware!…St Paul’s is coming!🫵

We’ll see.

They actually played last year as well…St. Paul’s won that game too.

Latin is 5-0 this time around….aint gotta clue who’ll win this time.

There is a poster…I haven’t seen him post lately….that told us all…beware!…St Paul’s is coming!🫵

We’ll see.
MC , I've been telling everyone since the offseason St.Pauls will be pretty good this year. Latin 5-0 will be a good test Friday. I can see the Bulldogs finishing 9-1 if they win this week.

2a games to watch

Monroe at Porter Ridge👀
Brevard at East Rutherford 👀
Salisbury at Thomasville
Bunker Hill vs Lincolnton
Bandys at West Lincoln👀
WRH vs SW Onslow
Hate to say it but Sailsbury won't be much of a game vs Thomasville we are terrible they could sit the starters and still blow us out the water.

• Sad
North Stanly is ranked too, high but they will stick around by virtue of being one of only 2 2a teams in that conference. They will more than likely finish 2nd in the conference. Mount Pleasant should be higher on the list, yes some of their wins are against lower tier 3a teams but other than WS their whole non conference slate is 3a, which is good considering they lucked out with this atrocious realignment 4 years ago.

St. Paul's is intriguing. If they win this Friday they have a pretty easy schedule the rest of the way until the last game of the season against Midway. That conference is awful as well. Clinton, Red Springs, Fairmont are all 0'fer and West Bladen is currently 1-3. St. Paul's and Midway shouldn't have any trouble with any of those teams provided they stay healthy. That should be a good game between the two of them at the end of the season.

I agree with some of the other posts, you have a team in Walkertown that has beaten two top ten teams but 1 "bad" loss is holding them down. But that turn around is very nice to see. I think they deserve to be ranked a little higher just for celebrating a great coaching job so far this season. Salisbury and Forest Hills are both very solid teams and both very well coached teams. A win against both of them is pretty impressive and most teams in the 2a bracket in the state would take it. Walkertown is in one of the more solid conferences top to bottom with anyone in that conference able to give a great game to most 2a teams with the exception of McMichael and Morehead.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT