ADVERTISEMENT

CVAC 2022 - Week 3

Hey what did I tell ya''ll!!! Told ya game of the week, mark it down. Kicks 103 had Hibriten and WC as a game of the week.....somebodies nuts cause that was a running clock lol

Reactions: Maiden Creek
well nevermind.....woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! whats up CatawbaCountyexpert??? ha ha

Alot of people had Draughn as the winners tonight..but i didnt. I got all wins tonight, put it in my record, whoever is keeping up with the standings

I told ya'll Draughn wasn't battle tested. Thing is dont look like EB was either cause Freedom didnt do so well against Forestview.

I think Coach Lowman is starting to get his team to buy into his system. And we played extremely sloppy 2 weeks in a row.

A wins a win. Ya'll will get better.

Anyone else think EB was ranked right with being bottom of the pile with West Caldwell in preseason rankings? Cant go looking at last year. Not expecting a run but I do expect a playoff appearance, more conference wins than last year, and general respect. And (not meaning to change subject) I guess in overall perspective, i'm not big time sold on Draughn yet as far as how they will play out in the 1A playoffs but I'm pulling for em' rest of the way now that they are going into conf play. I gotta see more wins and how they perform since first 2 games were more less gimmies and EB was their first real contest so far.

BurkeCountyman, how did Draughn look overall as a team and that QB? I heard he was a soph and a gun slinger with the ball and makes plays.

Final score EL 27. L 0
Congrats to East.

What happened to ole boys tonight? Missed opportunities and bad timing or EL just that good this year?

I believe they’ll make a good game against EB this Oct. looking forward to it. Hoping for a 2-0 against Lincoln county this year. It could happen,
Be tough though. I can still see it come down to WL and Maiden as most likely expected

What happened to ole boys tonight? Missed opportunities and bad timing or EL just that good this year?

I believe they’ll make a good game against EB this Oct. looking forward to it. Hoping for a 2-0 against Lincoln county this year. It could happen,
Be tough though. I can still see it come down to WL and Maiden as most likely expected
Nah, BFR, they are just better than us, bigger, faster, better offensive line. We kept it to 20-0 until in the fourth quarter. We threatened a few times after hauling in long passes but couldn't complete our drives. Our guys try, and they hit hard and I love them for it.

I'm a hard loser and hate losing with everything in me, especially to East Lincoln. Maybe it's just a personal weakness for me being a hard loser, but teams like we have now are some of my favorite of all times. Unlike our best teams over the years, these teams of ours that struggle with every game not only have to endure the losses but have to work hard each week to prepare, then give all they got to stay in the games on Fridays.

My goal was to attend the East-LHS game. Unfortunately I40 was a parking lot. Made the trip probably close to a 100 times and yesterday was the worse I have seen since the late 90s. I could have made it after halftime/third quarter but at that point decided to call it a day.

Saw where Gibbs rushed for 178…loving that too!
Well guys looking like a good Maiden EB game a coming up next. EB with a bye week, I might see this Draughn QB play one time while thats going on. Prob some Cav fans show up that game.Not sure it’s it away or home or if they even play I had t looked yet. Now don’t think I’m about to pump EB up and get y’all Rawled up to believe it will be a close game. I’m a fan but a realist. I’m sure Maiden will win. Can’t see anyone picking EB, even I’m not. I’ll just enjoy the game and hope for a “slight chance” to happen ha ha.

Difference in this game as compared to last years meeting, your gonna see a stiffer D come at ya. Score won’t be like last year. EB oughta be coming to Maiden undefeated, don’t get me started on that Freedom game, lol. One of the only games I seen in a while were the team that lost was actually alittle bit better than the victor, just th worst luck at the worst times. Wasn’t a conference game so Cavs shook it off and at least pulled off a win against another rival the next week against the best Draughn team ever. Draughn should be making noise in the 1As

Someone tally up the poster standings and show us what’s up. I mighta pulled up a notch ha ha. Start up CVAC week 4, let’s get to commenting

Last edited:
Well guys looking like a good Maiden EB game a coming up next. EB with a bye week, I might see this Draughn QB play one time while thats going on. Prob some Cav fans show up that game.Not sure it’s it away or home or if they even play I had t looked yet. Now don’t think I’m about to pump EB up and get y’all Rawled up to believe it will be a close game. I’m a fan but a realist. I’m sure Maiden will win. Can’t see anyone picking EB, even I’m not. I’ll just enjoy the game and hope for a “slight chance” to happen ha ha.

Difference in this game as compared to last years meeting, your gonna see a stiffer D come at ya. Score won’t be like last year. EB oughta be coming to Maiden undefeated, don’t get me started on that Freedom game, lol. One of the only games I seen in a while were the team that lost was actually alittle bit better than the victor, just th worst luck at the worst times. Wasn’t a conference game so Cavs shook it off and at least pulled off a win against another rival the next week against the best Draughn team ever. Draughn should be making noise in the 1As

Someone tally up the poster standings and show us what’s up. I mighta pulled up a notch ha ha. Start up CVAC week 4, let’s get to commenting
Should of been if playing that game maiden should be undefeated up 19-8 on watauga in 4th qtr

From what I seen last week and and the score tonight our defense needs an overhaul!
I think our defense will be fine.

At Watauga we only gave up 8 through 3.5 quarters...and survived an onslaught of 13 trick plays. As unorthodox of an offense as we'll see all year.

Vs Saint, two of their scores were off of a very short fields. 1 score was from a drive from across the 50. Our defense played on our side of the field pretty much the whole 2nd half of that game and didn't give up any points. Field position really tested our D this game against the best offense Saint has had in years and we shut them out 2nd half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT