ADVERTISEMENT

CREST AT HUNTER HUSS !!

Huss won, fair and square. Congrats on the conference championship...but if Huss really has dreams of winning a ring, they’ll need to play better than that. Plenty of teams out there that are way better than Crest.

Huss won, fair and square. Congrats on the conference championship...but if Huss really has dreams of winning a ring, they’ll need to play better than that. Plenty of teams out there that are way better than Crest.
I don’t think beating Crest was a measuring stick for a ring. Crest isn’t a title contender with the offensive side struggling/injuries. You have to give Crest credit though. They may have one of the best defenses Huss will see this year. You mentioned they need to play better but look at the talent they went up against. Two very good defenses on the field. Crest got shut out which I’m sure is rare. I would say at this point Huss is well on their way to a ring if they keep it rolling.

Congrats Huss... Hopefully there will be round 2 down the road. As bad as we were offensively. A couple of plays go the other way. Different outcome.

Huss has the talent but they're too mistake prone to win a title right now

spot on...

I'm mostly not surprised. You all should get an offensive coordinator that's creative. Your coach is from that old school Richmond County tree right? They run similar predictable offense as that 1A school Edenton Holmes who has RC's former head coach. They got blown away in 2A regionals running the same plays over and over to the same 1 or 2 people. Same tree. I think a creative offensive coordinator would help. Barnes LOOKED predictable but he had alot of tricks up his sleeve, especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: Swo_05
Two Coaches ago:

Crest would have lined the turner kid up in the wildcat, ran behind that giant offensive line right at the aggresive defensive front
and probably would have won this game...

Tonight: the turner kid was gashing the defense, "the times he got to tote it" then play calling got cute, ran an option on their own five and a bad pitch later its Huss ball on the what 2 or 3 yard line? 3 plays later its 14-0
Huss defense is very good I will say that
Crest defense played their hearts out all night long Gave up one big play the 90 yard pass play in the first half but played great the rest of the way

Crest had the ball inside the Huss 35 three times (2 of those inside the 25) and got zero points....

You dont win if you dont capitalize on your opportunities... two great defensive teams good ball game to watch

Two Coaches ago:

Crest would have lined the turner kid up in the wildcat, ran behind that giant offensive line right at the aggresive defensive front

Tonight: the turner kid was gashing the defense, "the times he got to tote it" then play calling got cute, ran an option on their own five and a bad pitch later its Huss ball on the what 2 or 3 yard line? plays later its 14-0
Crest defense played their hearts out all night long Gave up one big play the 90 yard pass play in the first half but played great the rest of the way

Crest had the ball inside the Huss 35 three times (2 of those inside the 25) and got zero points....

You dont win if you dont capitalize on your opportunities... two great defensive teams good ball game to watch

yeah but Barnes would not keep running the same thing over and over if they were behind or if it didnt work. He would have the rb/qb throw to the tight end out of the wildcat. What they have now is a tight end(kidding, qb is not bad) playing qb pitching the ball and handing it off to the fullback.

Two Coaches ago:

Tonight: the turner kid was gashing the defense, "the times he got to tote it" then play calling got cute, ran an option on their own five and a bad pitch later its Huss ball on the what 2 or 3 yard line? 3 plays later its 14-0

I watched as much as I could but I couldn’t believe they went away from the running game when it worked like it did. He ran up the middle over and over and as soon as they went away from it something bad happened.

I don’t think beating Crest was a measuring stick for a ring. Crest isn’t a title contender with the offensive side struggling/injuries. You have to give Crest credit though. They may have one of the best defenses Huss will see this year. You mentioned they need to play better but look at the talent they went up against. Two very good defenses on the field. Crest got shut out which I’m sure is rare. I would say at this point Huss is well on their way to a ring if they keep it rolling.

I completely agree with everything you just said until the last part. Crest definitely is not a title contender. Charlotte Catholic is. Weddington possibly, maybe even Sun Valley. Crest defense is good no doubt, the defense gave up one TD and the offense pretty much gave up the other. 14-0 that’s it. That’s why I said their are plenty of teams that are much much better than Crest and Huss might need to step it up a notch to catch a ring. Never said they won’t do it, I won’t be surprised if they do win it all, but struggling with Crest at Huss is not a great sign, especially with that crest offense as stagnant as it is.

Congrats to Huss on the win. They were clearly the better team tonight. I see slot of complaining tonight from crest than congratulating Huss. Huss could had played better also. Great atmosphere despite announcer being annoying

I think that's what alot of people were saying. Personally I expected more points from Huss. They dropped ALOT of balls. ALOT.

Huss dropped a few balls and stalled a couple drives that might have yielded more points....I believe they could have hung at least 10 more points on the scoreboard....also Great blocked Field goal...The defense rose up and answered the call each time and got the shut out...Great job tonight Huskies !

Reactions: Sneed350Z
Congrats to Huss on the win. They were clearly the better team tonight. I see slot of complaining tonight from crest than congratulating Huss. Huss could had played better also. Great atmosphere despite announcer being annoying
Exactly. You also have to look at some of those making these remarks. Most are clueless about other teams besides their own or talk out of both sides of their mouth such as Colgate91. Huss could have played better also and missed some offensive opportunities. Huss practiced all week in the gym so they didnt prep as normal. Also if Crest adjusted their offensive scheme than Huss would have adjusted their defensive scheme. It’s common sense to most except to some of the resident idiots on here. Huss was clearly the better team despite a great effort from the Crest defense. Crest fans better worry about KM. I can see Crest easily finishing 3rd in conference.

No doubt HH was the more talented team even though a break here or there and Crest could have won the game. The part I don’t understand is why can’t we just congratulate HH for being the best team and move on. Our guys came to play and the D played outstanding. Honestly we have some talent on offense but we’re not very explosive. Thank the lord for #17 he was a beast. Our coach was criticized for running the option or pitch play on our own 5 ydl when we lost the ball. The pitch or option was not the problem - the RB clearly had the ball and took two steps then got hammered and the ball popped out. You could clearly see it on FFFN channel 3. HH was without a doubt the bigger faster more explosive team last night and let’s not forget they had some key penalties and drops and could have scored more pts. Like 91 said Crest is not a great team but some of our fans will never accept or expect anything less than a state championship every year -even though that’s unrealistic expectations and not fair to the coach or players - it’s what makes Crest special.

Last edited:
Exactly. You also have to look at some of those making these remarks. Most are clueless about other teams besides their own or talk out of both sides of their mouth such as Colgate91. Huss could have played better also and missed some offensive opportunities. Huss practiced all week in the gym so they didnt prep as normal. Also if Crest adjusted their offensive scheme than Huss would have adjusted their defensive scheme. It’s common sense to most except to some of the resident idiots on here. Huss was clearly the better team despite a great effort from the Crest defense. Crest fans better worry about KM. I can see Crest easily finishing 3rd in conference.

Once again, personal attacks, so what part of what I said was wrong or idiotic? I gave credit to Huss, congratulated Huss, and supplied an opinion about “stepping up a notch to catch a ring” and you just agreed once again that Huss could have done a better job.

No doubt HH was the more talented team even though a break here or there and Crest could have won the game. The part I don’t understand is why can’t we just congratulate HH for being the best team and move on. Our guys came to play and the D played outstanding. Honestly we have some talent on offense but we’re not very explosive. Thank the lord for #17 he was a beast. Our coach was criticized for running the option or pitch play on our own 5 ydl when we lost the ball. The pitch or option was not the problem - the RB clearly had the ball and took two steps then got hammered and the ball popped out. You could clearly see it on FFFN channel 3. HH was without a doubt the bigger faster more explosive team last night and let’s not forget they had some key penalties and drops and could have scored more pts. Like 91 said Crest is not a great team but some of our fans will never except or expect anything less than a state championship every year -even though that’s unrealistic expectations and not fair to the coach or players - it’s what makes Crest special.
Good post 9496 and I agree. Crest played one of the better teams in the state a tight game. The talent on these 2 squads is not that far apart ...imo

Nicely said 9496. As you know it is exactly the same at Shelby. Nobody wins the championship every year. I do think with the Crest defense you do have a chance to make a deep run.

Got a bud that coaches a team that has faced Huss this season: He told me recently they have the best front 6 on defense that perhaps he has seen...

From what I got to watch last night they are top notch !!!! I mean just get after it every single play....They are going to be tough to handle from here out for anyone...

It was a good win against a good Crest team last night bottom line

I appreciate the remarks....good or bad...it helps with understanding where we're at...I mean if we're gonna make a run...and I Kno Crest fans and other fans understand this...then you all are just giving thoughts about what Huss needs to do to be ready for serious playoff contention...no ill regards here...this is why we have these discussion boards....we enjoy it...it's just that this neck of the woods feels a little different waking up on Saturday mornings and that's a good thing...Just wondering if I will see West Canaan Coyotes(Huskies) signs popping up in yards...(loved me some Billy Bob btw)...or some "Remember the Titans" stadium entrance...cue "Long Cool Woman"...I Kno coach McCoy wants and talks to his players about starting and leaving a strong foundation and legacy for the Huss program....

Last edited:
Enjoyed watching the game last night. Now I’ve seen two of the best 3A teams in the state. Weddington and Huss respectively. Sadly, both are several steps below Catholic. It’s going to be a fun playoff season to watch.

Wow I’m still surprised there was not an ejection or DQ for the player who launched himself into Zanders helmet to helmet on Zanders return. Both players lucky to walk away!

Enjoyed watching the game last night. Now I’ve seen two of the best 3A teams in the state. Weddington and Huss respectively. Sadly, both are several steps below Catholic. It’s going to be a fun playoff season to watch.

IDK --- I think HH has the talent to compete or beat CC...but as I said way back before the season started...it's unfortunate to have a really good team like Crest - Weddington - HH because CC is going to be a TUFF out.

Reactions: llucky3702
Once again, personal attacks, so what part of what I said was wrong or idiotic? I gave credit to Huss, congratulated Huss, and supplied an opinion about “stepping up a notch to catch a ring” and you just agreed once again that Huss could have done a better job.
91 you never truly give teams their full credit or congrats. There is always a sideways comment or you always reference the past which has no bearing on today. I am not a Crest fan but I respect their program. Crest has a good team but it does need to open its offensive playbook up more to go to that next level. Huss didn’t beat Crest because they are weak, Huss beat Crest because their starting 22 across the board is a little better than the Chargers 22. Huss has major talent across the board but you refused to believe that because it was Huss. KM has some major talent but you refuse to believe that because it was KM. As soon as KM/HH stumble a little than you are the first one to comment because you do not like any Crest competitors receiving positive recognition. Crest, Huss, and KM will all be tough outs in the playoffs for other teams but those three teams just happen to play in the same conference. All three will be battle tested going into the playoffs. You don’t have to be underfeated to win a state title. Go back and read all of your comments for the last couple of years here and on the other site. You never give “rival” teams their full due in victory without some sidebar referencing their history or saying that the Chargers are down. Also since KM and Huss starting beating Crest you always have something negative to say about those teams and everyone sees this. That’s my issue with you. The sad part is that some of the newer Shelby fans and others have begin to feed into your narratives because most posters on here are followers. You have to show respect to get respect.

Last edited:
91 you never truly give teams their full credit or congrats. There is always a sideways comment or you always reference the past which has no bearing on today. I am not a Crest fan but I respect their program. Crest has a good team but it does need to open its offensive playbook up more to go to that next level. Huss didn’t beat Crest because they are weak, Huss beat Crest because their starting 22 across the board is a little better than the Chargers 22. Huss has major talent across the board but you refused to believe that because it was Huss. KM has some major talent but you refuse to believe that because it was KM. As soon as they stumble any you are the first one to comment because you do not like any of Crest competitors receiving positive recognition. Crest, Huss, and KM will all be tough outs in the playoffs for other teams but those three teams just happen to play in the same conference. All three will be battle tested going into the playoffs. You don’t have to be underfeated to win a state title. Go back and read all of your comments for the last couple of years here and on the other site. You never give “rival” teams their full due in victory without some sidebar referencing their history or saying that the Chargers are down. Also since KM and Huss starting beating Crest you always have something negative to say about those teams and everyone sees this. That’s my issue with you. The sad part is that some of the newer Shelby fans and others have begin to feed into your narratives because most posters on here are followers. You have to show respect to get respect.

Sooooo I’m supposed to just say what?..... “Hunter Huss is perfect in every way shape and form and since they beat Crest their is no reason they shouldn’t be in the western final.” Or “ Thank you kind Huss fans, what a wonderful game! Let’s all hug at the pub later!” I congratulated Huss, I said they were the better team, however they have things to work on to really be the best. I don’t say that to be a know it all jerk, I say it because it’s the truth! I don’t hate Huss, I hate Northern Guilford, I don’t hate KM, I hate Parkland. Besides this is all for fun anyway. It doesn’t matter if I really am The biggest moron you’ve ever met or a genius. It’s high school football at the end of the day. Teams win teams lose, and opinions are like buttholes everyone has one.

Last edited:
I would love to see Crest91 and Shutdown24 in the Octagon :D maybe at halftime of next weeks snoozer against NG lmao

“Huss beat Crest because their starting 22 across the board is a little better than the Chargers 22. Huss has major talent across the board but you refused to believe that because it was Huss.”

Crest could have won the game and regardless of what fans say...I think our coaches had a great game plan and put our players in a position to win the game. I was really confused at the game - half the crowd was saying run it and the other half said throw it. IMO we were prepared but it came down to execution and we simply did not execute offensively. The coaches don’t block, tackle, throw, catch, run routes....you dance with the girl you take to the prom. Our kids played hard - just not smart at times. Huss made our offense look bad at times and sometimes Crest made our offense look bad. We didn’t take advantage of our opportunities. And like SD corner said above - HH is loaded with a bunch of grown azz men. Maybe we see them again in the POs and pull off the upset or who knows they beat us 35-0. I’m sure the coaches will work hard to seek improvement. It’s time to move on to North Gaston.....

“Huss beat Crest because their starting 22 across the board is a little better than the Chargers 22. Huss has major talent across the board but you refused to believe that because it was Huss.”

Crest could have won the game and regardless of what fans say...I think our coaches had a great game plan and put our players in a position to win the game. I was really confused at the game - half the crowd was saying run it and the other half said throw it. IMO we were prepared but it came down to execution and we simply did not execute offensively. The coaches don’t block, tackle, throw, catch, run routes....you dance with the girl you take to the prom. Our kids played hard - just not smart at times. Huss made our offense look bad at times and sometimes Crest made our offense look bad. We didn’t take advantage of our opportunities. And like SD corner said above - HH is loaded with a bunch of grown azz men. Maybe we see them again in the POs and pull off the upset or who knows they beat us 35-0. I’m sure the coaches will work hard to seek improvement. It’s time to move on to North Gaston.....
Since you CREST and SHELBY know it all posters think KM is so OVERRATED you should take a long look in the mirror.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT