ADVERTISEMENT

Mooresville 7-1 at AL Brown 5-3

kann 26
mooresville 27

20 unanswered points by mooresville, kann answers with a 71 yrd pass TD, mooresville blocks the extra point

Knew that would be tight, but yikes.

also didn’t know how banged up we were headed into this one.

I told y’all that CJ Gray is gonna be a BALLER. He cooked us all night.

Reactions: 84k
Knew that would be tight, but yikes.

also didn’t know how banged up we were headed into this one.

I told y’all that CJ Gray is gonna be a BALLER. He cooked us all night.
I just think we went a little away from throwing the ball in the 3qt.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
This is the reason I say keep these two teams playing each other. You never know how it’s going to turn out.

i've seen mooresville play 3 times this year and this was the worst, seen kannapolis about 7 times and this was there best overall game played so far.

mooresville had no pass defense i'm sorry to say that, hardly any pass offense and for the love of the game, the coach needs to learn how to punt of 4th down inside your own part of the field.. if not they could be looking at a first round playoff lose if they match up against the wrong team.

kannapolis just came up short, couldn't ask for any better speed or run defense tonight, the passing was lights out for a young Qb, the only draw back were the 2 extra points. hard way to finish the year, other than a week next week against concord.

I felt like there were more than a few questionable calls by the refs, both teams suffered from those. They sure didnt seem like they were on top of it.

Last edited:
i've seen mooresville play 3 times this year and this was the worst, seen kannapolis about 7 times and this was there best overall game played so far.

mooresville has no pass defense i'm sorry to say that, hardly any pass offense and for the love of the game, the coach needs to learn how to punt of 4th down inside your own part of the field.. if not they could be looking at a first round playoff lost if they match up against the wrong team.

kannapolis just came up short, couldn't ask for any better speed or run defense tonight, the passing was lights out for a young Qb, the only draw back were the 2 extra points. hard way to finish the year, other than a week next week against concord.

I felt like there were more than a few questionable calls by the refs, both teams suffered from those. They sure didnt seem like they were on top of it.
Couple things… 1) I think we got caught off guard by ALB just air raiding us to death. I certainly didn’t see that coming. We were running a lot of cover zero like we expected y’all to run… that wasn’t the case. Got our coached more than anything imo. 2) our entire secondary are sophomores and first year guys haha. They were about due for a bad game (they played well up until now). 3) Defensively we were a lot better at all 3 levels in the second half.

As for stats, idk. Gray had around 200 in the first half. I know we’re probably finished around or above 200 on the ground.

I was surprised we didn’t take to the air more. It was apparent ALB was gonna have a hard time covering our WR #3. Had one TD called back, dropped a couple big passes, but was beating his defender all night

If I’m a Mooresville fan after last night, I would be worried about the pass defense going into the playoffs.

I know AL Brown has something to look forward to with the young QB they have. He was very impressive with throwing the ball and hitting his receivers. Also I thought AL Brown did look very good with the run defense. I felt like they looked better than the last time I saw them play against Cox Mill. Another thing about Cox Mill. They are very talented team and showed that after beating Hickory Ridge. This conference has some really good competitive teams. If AL Brown could of started out the season playing like they are now, they probably would of had at least couple more wins. Big game for Brown next week against Concord. But I feel like AL Brown will be keeping the Bell for another season.

We’ve been worried about that since week 1. It’s nothing new. All sophomores so ups and downs are expected.
That being said I’m not overly concerned. That was by far the worst we’ve played since we played Hough. We just didn’t look like we had much focus or intensity last night.

Kinda seemed like we weren’t ready for y’all to pass, we had a lot of alignment issues and confusion it seemed like all night long. A lot of pre snap scrambling trying to figure out where to line up it seemed like.

credit to Newsome for putting together a gameplan that kept us off balance and confused.

That being said I’m not overly concerned. That was by far the worst we’ve played since we played Hough. We just didn’t look like we had much focus or intensity last night.

Kinda seemed like we weren’t ready for y’all to pass, we had a lot of alignment issues and confusion it seemed like all night long. A lot of pre snap scrambling trying to figure out where to line up it seemed like.

credit to Newsome for putting together a gameplan that kept us off balance and confused.
That being said a lot of the damage was first half. We were miles better in the second half

You could tell Mooresville made some halftime adjustments.
The biggest of which being getting pressure on the QB. Lol. Corners definitely covered much better that half though, think we only have up the one big play right after we took the lead

Idk if the stats were right, we held y’all’s RB to 14 yards on 16 Carrie’s. Pretty easy to tell where the gameplan focus was lol

Mooresville still had 190 rushing. Only gave up Offically 5 yard rushing due lost yard on few plays. Mooresville only gave up 94 passing yard in 2nd half but overall 294 passing for the wonders

Reactions: OptionFreak
I know AL Brown has something to look forward to with the young QB they have. He was very impressive with throwing the ball and hitting his receivers. Also I thought AL Brown did look very good with the run defense. I felt like they looked better than the last time I saw them play against Cox Mill. Another thing about Cox Mill. They are very talented team and showed that after beating Hickory Ridge. This conference has some really good competitive teams. If AL Brown could of started out the season playing like they are now, they probably would of had at least couple more wins. Big game for Brown next week against Concord. But I feel like AL Brown will be keeping the Bell for another season.
There will be a running clock next week, the game will be such a let down if people expect anything else

wasn’t 71 of those second half passing yards on one play?
Yep. That TD where they could have tied. It was a tail of 2 halves from what my understanding is, we prepared for what we saw on tape, and AL Brown threw something at us (no pun intended) that we hadn’t seen and weren’t ready for. Adjusted for it at halftime, noticeable difference. Credit to Brown for putting us on the back foot early, and credit to our coaches for making those changes that needed to be made

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT