ADVERTISEMENT

Mooresville 7-1 at AL Brown 5-3

MHSBigBlue06

Jun 19, 2022
Yet another installment of this historical series. Mooresville comes in off a 54-7 win over West Cabarrus and Ktown comes in off a 28-0 domination of South Iredell.

having seen both, Mooresville definitely wins the size battle on the lines. And overall numbers, I think we have close to 70 on Varsity?

QB play I think is a wash, both teams have QBs with similar styles. This game will come down to tempo and run game. Which ever team is able to establish the ground game, consistently, will win this game. And that won’t be easy, AL Browns defensive front 7 are really stout vs the run, and Mooresville has only given up 1 100 yard rusher all year I think (to Cox Mill). If AL Brown can stuff our run, and force us to they air, they have a chance because we aren’t a prolific passing team (not that we can’t, more tht we just don’t do it much).

hoping for a big crowd, I know we will travel well since we can lock up the conference with a win. Would love to see the home side full like old times

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I mentioned this in another thread but this will be a blowout. KTown has played well in spots but have not put 4 qtrs together all year. I expect this one to get ugly quick. I am a alumni at Brown so this hurts but we are not the program we used to be. We have been middle of the road for several years now.

I do think home side will be full as well. I’ve been really surprised at how well the fans have showed out this year. We’ve had 4 away games this year and lake Norman was the only school to have more fans than us…. I have a feeling we’ll have more fans at the KonKord game as well. I hate that KonKord doesn’t support their team like they use to.

Now about this week if we want any chance to win this game. We’re gonna have to play the whole game like we played in the 1st half last night. I see this game going a lot like the HR game we keep it close in the 1st half and y’all pull away in the 2nd half.

I would say this is a bad match up for Mooresville if y’all can’t get the pass game going. There hasn’t been anyone able to get the run game going on us YET.

• Wow
Reactions: Champ_24
Griffin from Hickory Ridge had 9 carries for 139 yards but besides that we have held up pretty good.

Yea. Defense got wore down in 2nd half that game. No doubt, rush defense is a bright spot on the team this year.

This has to be probably one of the best Mooresville teams I’ve seen in a long time other than maybe the ‘11 season. When I saw them play against Hickory Ridge, Mooresville QB stepped up when needed and hit the WRs really well. If AL Brown can come in fired up and play really well, they may keep this game somewhat respectable. But I think Mooresville will be too much, especially with the 2 RBs they have.

I would say this is a bad match up for Mooresville if y’all can’t get the pass game going. There hasn’t been anyone able to get the run game going on us YET.
Y’all probably haven’t had a run game line up against y’all as physical as us either to be fair. We may have to 1000 yard rushers this year

We aren’t particularly flashy. Just line up and ball. This is the most physical team I’ve seen at Mooresville since 2011 for sure.

Our DBs have forced like 15 INTs in the last 6 games… so you guys will need a strong game from Gray. Or at least need to protect the ball. Like I said I like what I see in Gray. He has a really high ceiling.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I would advise buying online. I made the mistake of buying at the gate for the cox mill game and got stuck in a mile long line at kickoff lol
I haven’t had any problems this year getting mine at the game. That game must have been at Mooresville. All cabarrus county schools are online only.

I haven’t had any problems this year getting mine at the game. That game must have been at Mooresville. All cabarrus county schools are online only.
I’m talking about the cox mill at ALB game haha.

Reactions: 84k
I think they should keep these two teams playing each other even if they depart from the conference. Should have something to battle over like the battle for the bell between AL Brown n Concord. Not sure if AL Brown n Concord game will ever get back like it use to be. Any thoughts about continuation of Mooresville n AL Brown playing each other non stop. All through the years they had certain times of not playing each other.

It's one of the better gates for both teams. Both teams travel well. In some games literally less than 50 people show up on the visitor side for some kannapolis games and I'm sure Mooresville has had the same. It makes economic sense for both schools to play each other annually.

I think they should keep these two teams playing each other even if they depart from the conference. Should have something to battle over like the battle for the bell between AL Brown n Concord. Not sure if AL Brown n Concord game will ever get back like it use to be. Any thoughts about continuation of Mooresville n AL Brown playing each other non stop. All through the years they had certain times of not playing each other.
Look up Friday Night In K-town on Facebook. He actually made a post about this 3 days ago. They had the “The Victory Towel” back in 1950 they would quit doing it in 1955.

It's one of the better gates for both teams. Both teams travel well. In some games literally less than 50 people show up on the visitor side for some kannapolis games and I'm sure Mooresville has had the same. It makes economic sense for both schools to play each other annually.
That’s the truth! I’m glad we travel well but I hate when we have more fans than the home team…

I think they should continue playing each other, its a good gate for both and better than playing a cupcake for the week. While the players may not hangout day to day its a good bet that some know each other outside of football. I get the feeling the fans enjoy this type game even better more toward the end of the season when different things are on the line.

We’ve actually had some pretty phenomenal gates this year much to my surprise. Shockingly Hickory Ridge was one of our worst gates. They had about as many as West Cabarrus brought.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
And that’s the end of the 1st, with no score…
Figured Mooresville would have already put up 21 😂

And that’s the end of the 1st, with no score…
Figured Mooresville would have already put up 21 😂
We are down our 1st 2nd and 3rd string RBs. Starter is hurt. Other two suspended for fighting… each other. Lol.

Now the question I have…. How on earth do you have significantly more JV players than you do varsity players?!

from what I can see… like is your JV team has a lot of size on the lines, specifically the OL.

We are down our 1st 2nd and 3rd string RBs. Starter is hurt. Other two suspended for fighting… each other. Lol.

Now the question I have…. How on earth do you have significantly more JV players than you do varsity players?!

from what I can see… like is your JV team has a lot of size on the lines, specifically the OL.
Size and numbers don't always translate into wins, they have 35 Sophs and about the same Fr. Mooresville should be up more than 7, they have started inside the Kann 35 yrd line almost the entire game

Reactions: 84k
Size and numbers don't always translate into wins, they have 35 Sophs and about the same Fr. Mooresville should be up more than 7, they have started inside the Kann 35 yrd line almost the entire game
Totally agree. If these guys can’t stick together they should be solid in years to come!

Did Mooresville have a middle school team during Covid? I know Brown didn’t for 2 years.

Probably should be, we dropped an open TD. But we are now down to a LB playing as our lead back… in an offense where the run is what we do… not particularly ideal. Especially with a kid at QB that’s never played QB until this year

Probably should be, we dropped an open TD. But we are now down to a LB playing as our lead back… in an offense where the run is what we do… not particularly ideal. Especially with a kid at QB that’s never played QB until this year
It’s hard to win a game when it’s half your teams first year😂

It’s hard to win a game when it’s half your teams first year😂
True but there’s reason to be optimistic. You guys might have the biggest JV we’ve seen all year.

from a Mooresville perspective, thank god our defense is good. Lol. We’ve definitely felt the impact of not having our best players on offense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT