ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton football outlook 2019

I just dont see our small school system doing it but i think they should study that possibility. Other schools aren't doing it to go in the hole. The benefits eventually outweigh the cost.
Di you think New Hanover really has that many uniforms or is just a list of possibilities!

Last edited:
I just dont see our small school system doing it but i think they shoulod study that possibility. Other schools are doing it to go in te hole
Di you think New Hanover really has that many uniforms or is just a list of possibilities!
I agree that I don't see the school system funding it alone; the community would have to be heavily involved-from the booster club to other public and private monies. Yeah, maybe those are a list of possibilities, otherwise they wouldn't have to worry about uniforms for the next 10-20 years LOL!!

I agree that I don't see the school system funding it alone; the community would have to be heavily involved-from the booster club to other public and private monies. Yeah, maybe those are a list of possibilities, otherwise they wouldn't have to worry about uniforms for the next 10-20 years LOL!!

New Hanover is the Oregon Ducks of high school football uniforms lol

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
I just dont see our small school system doing it but i think they shoulod study that possibility. Other schools are doing it to go in te hole
Do you agree that at the least the track needs to be resurfaced?

Do you agree that at the least the track needs to be resurfaced?
it needs to be resurfaced, but whatever they do they need to properly maintain. I don't know if anything has ever been done to it since it was initially put down. Now it's just about to far gone.

it needs to be resurfaced, but whatever they do they need to properly maintain. I don't know if anything has ever been done to it since it was initially put down. Now it's just about to far gone.
Very little if anything has been done to it since it was laid in 1993. It just brings down the overall appearance of the stadium, in my opinion.

Very little if anything has been done to it since it was laid in 1993. It just brings down the overall appearance of the stadium, in my opinion.
FOOTBALLFANTIC, I was very much involved in the building of the stadium 35 years (1984) ago and in retrospect, I kind of wish the track had not been put in it but have the track at a dedicated site of its own. Track does not need that much spectator seating. Without a track, the field is much closer like at WRH and ED. But what's done is done. Back to maintenance though, that is one of the criticisms I've observed with the school administration over the years. They just haven't done a good job in maintaining the new things they get. Sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's toes but I could cite many examples over the years and I'm not talking about coaches, but maintenance. Everything should have a maintenance plan, not a custodial plan but a maintenance plan.

Checked out JF Webb stadium up there aswell looks nice nothing overly fancy looks like plenty of room in the vistors side another rode trip i plan on taking.....not sure if they upgraded anything those pictures time stamp was from like 2012 i think

Well please go ahead and ignore me please cause i rather be ignored then deal with someone so sensitive.....laughing is a crime.....old age must make you extremely sensitive cause i have seen a whole lot worse up here....oh well go ahead and hit that ignore button bye bye

you know 04; your cutesy mess is actually getting a little old. I had a specific thread thought out just to target and embarrass you as you have me, but I've decided not to get down to your level. I once read the biggest insult you can give someone is to ignore them, so that's the way it'll be. You're on my ignore list along with 34 who is apparently entertained with your humor and knowledge. I really don't need either of you for sports and DarkHorse information; I've had my own sources for many many years. I will continue to follow the post of others particularly the posters of other schools in our conference. After 15,618 posts I may just retire from the boards. Whatever the case with my posts you won't know because you won't see them because you are now IGNORED!

I agree with you Wiz 100% I’d ignore me too.
#WWWD

Ok let’s be real. Wiz you kept basically telling us how everyone who has an opinion different from yours especially 34&I is wrong and why. So I figured if you can’t beat em join em. So I did, and you didn’t like that either probably because you couldn’t tell us how we were wrong because all we did was agree with you. I’ll be the first to say I am sorry for my childish ways, please accept my apology as for I agree this joke has run its course. If you’ve truly ignored me, I’m sorry you won’t get this, but hopefully others will see I’ve stepped up to make a mends. Do as you will.

P.S. If it is your birthday like Speak-n-the-mic said, then happy birthday!

Ok let’s be real. Wiz you kept basically telling us how everyone who has an opinion different from yours especially 34&I is wrong and why. So I figured if you can’t beat em join em. So I did, and you didn’t like that either probably because you couldn’t tell us how we were wrong because all we did was agree with you. I’ll be the first to say I am sorry for my childish ways, please accept my apology as for I agree this joke has run its course. If you’ve truly ignored me, I’m sorry you won’t get this, but hopefully others will see I’ve stepped up to make a mends. Do as you will.

P.S. If it is your birthday like Speak-n-the-mic said, then happy birthday!
At the end of the day, we are Horses! We stick together.

FOOTBALLFANTIC, I was very much involved in the building of the stadium 35 years (1984) ago and in retrospect, I kind of wish the track had not been put in it but have the track at a dedicated site of its own. Track does not need that much spectator seating. Without a track, the field is much closer like at WRH and ED. But what's done is done. Back to maintenance though, that is one of the criticisms I've observed with the school administration over the years. They just haven't done a good job in maintaining the new things they get. Sorry if I'm stepping on anyone's toes but I could cite many examples over the years and I'm not talking about coaches, but maintenance. Everything should have a maintenance plan, not a custodial plan but a maintenance plan.
I agree. It's one thing to build something new and another to be able to maintain what is built.

Congrats to all the CHS graduates this morning GO HORSES
SpecificOldDuckbillcat-size_restricted.gif

No clear cut QB. Payson King was backup last year. Blake Smith has talent but no Varsity QB experience. We will see.

BTW, Clinton fans, myself included, better soak this season up I hear cause, down the pipeline the cupboard is bare. Middle school struggled this past year and rec department had 3 football teams reduced to playing only 8 man football to which one team just quit mid season because it was such a joke.

This season could be special, let’s hope so because it may be our last chance for a while, but who knows. Go horses.

Last edited:
No clear cut QB. Payson King was backup last year. Blake Smith has talent but no Varsity QB experience. We will see.

BTW, Clinton fans, myself included, better soak this season up I hear cause, down the pipeline the cupboard is bare. Middle school struggled this past year and rec department had 3 football teams reduced to playing only 8 man football to which one team just quit mid season because it was such a joke.

This season could be special, let’s hope so because it may be our last chance for a while, but who knows. Go horses.
I'm sorry, I meant to say Payson King instead of Blake Smith.

Yeah, we're becoming more of a Soccer powerhouse now. Also with more kids concentrating on one sport, that depletes the talent pool, especially at rural and small schools like Clinton.

I think that is going to be a theme across the conference, I know WRH doesn’t have a QB with experience (doesn’t really effect them at all), JK definitely doesn’t have a QB with experience (no idea how we are going to throw the ball), no clue what ED has, I think Goldsboro and Midway both lost their QB.

Clinton should be fine whoever ends up under center, y’all probably only need 1 or 2 touchdowns a game. I don’t see many people being able to score much on Clinton this season.

I heard that about the rec dept too. Hopefully Coach Johnson has a plan for the future as well as today. I’ll bet he does, he is a smart guy.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Gotta couple kids hitting middle school in a year or 2 thats going to be the next special class considering they all continue to play....Nick Cooper's son,Ethan Royal,Jamar Hicks son etc alot of the kids in that age group if they continue to grow....but yes after this season it could be a couple average years to look forward to but hey you never know seems Coach Johnson and company are inspiring more kids to come out and play

I’ve heard Jaheim, Armwood and Jamelle will all be back. Didn’t have Jaheim and Armwood last year at all and Jamelle got hurt. We will see. Those guys got to keep focused on the studies to see the field, but no Nic Coopers and Ryheem Skinners are walking through that door on Friday’s. RB by committee.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
I’ve heard Jaheim, Armwood and Jamelle will all be back. Didn’t have Jaheim and Armwood last year at all and Jamelle got hurt. We will see. Those guys got to keep focused on the studies to see the field, but no Nic Coopers and Ryheem Skinners are walking through that door on Friday’s. RB by committee.

Thats great news.....with those guys back skill position wise we dont have to have guys going both ways

Both Cameron and Jaheim were poised for big seasons a year ago of course other things happened....Jaheim as a sophomore in 2017 was leading the team in rushing and was just really settling in before he had to sit out the remainder of the season due to a eligibility issue kid has some serious speed not the biggest guy in the world but really fast....that same season Cameron and Jamelle were the JV star backs and like Jaheim both have some serious speed especially if they get outside led the JV to a conference title that year

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT