ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Football 2023 Outlook

Whiteville was 1a a few years back. I think Swain had to play them in the Western playoffs even though they are eastern.
Am I remembering correctly?

Whiteville was 1a a few years back. I think Swain had to play them in the Western playoffs even though they are eastern.
Am I remembering correctly?
Yep back in 2014. West Columbus was in the west back in 09 I think. Really never understood that since both are nowhere near the western part of the state. Hopefully that'll never happen again.

West Columbus was in the west in 2014 also. They came to Sparta and we beat them 63 to 6 in a 2nd round game. Before losing to BK in 4th round. I miss that season. We are 2 and 7 in playoff games in the last 8 seasons since then. East Columbus was in the west in 2012 lost to albemarle by 1pt in 2nd round

Last edited:
Just a random thought but Hertford County HC has accepted the HC job at New Bern. Anyone think the QB for Hertford will follow him to New Bern?

Also heard a couple weeks ago Perquimans was interested in hosting Tarboro in a non-conference game to get the gate money Tarboro brings.

Not sure if that’s still a possibility.

He could. Especially if new bern still runs a triple option offense. That Hertford QB will flourish in that offense
I'm guessing we'll stick with the same offense as the new coach won't get to work with the team until 2 1/2 weeks before game #1. Possible he'll add in some wrinkles during the season, but I can't imagine how a new scheme gets implemented this late in the game. No idea about whether the QB will come with him, we'll see in about 10 days when they have their first practice. NB returns their QB that had 27 TD's and 1,300 yards last year but would be nice to move him to his true position, which is DB. Good luck to the Vikes this year, albeit you guys probably don't even need it.

You mean the team that dropped Robbinsville because they were scared of them. Hope you can make that happen.

Asheville school has always been a joke. They've got a little better but not much.

Asheville High is who dropped Robbinsville.

Reactions: sbbbfan
Asheville school has always been a joke. They've got a little better but not much.

Asheville High is who dropped Robbinsville.
They seem pretty decent idk what they'd have for Tarboro in a hypothetical matchup. Has robbinsville ever played ac Reynolds? It's only about a 1 40 minute trip. Gotta imagine that'd be a huge gate for either team.

I'm guessing we'll stick with the same offense as the new coach won't get to work with the team until 2 1/2 weeks before game #1. Possible he'll add in some wrinkles during the season, but I can't imagine how a new scheme gets implemented this late in the game. No idea about whether the QB will come with him, we'll see in about 10 days when they have their first practice. NB returns their QB that had 27 TD's and 1,300 yards last year but would be nice to move him to his true position, which is DB. Good luck to the Vikes this year, albeit you guys probably don't even need it.
I was happy y'all won states last year. It was the ultimate middle finger to all the people who claim you can't win a championship nowadays being a predominantly running football team. Three of the four championship teams last year were running football teams. Appreciate it the vikes will need it this year

I was happy y'all won states last year. It was the ultimate middle finger to all the people who claim you can't win a championship nowadays being a predominantly running football team. Three of the four championship teams last year were running football teams. Appreciate it the vikes will need it this year
Here here. From a fan base that won one throwing it I agree. Tarboro andount airy was a great game. Would of been better if special teams miscues didn't happen. It would of been a slobberknocker. Loved seeing east duplin and new bern mashing people. And heck east Lincoln was pretty powerful themselves and much more effective running the ball.

Here here. From a fan base that won one throwing it I agree. Tarboro andount airy was a great game. Would of been better if special teams miscues didn't happen. It would of been a slobberknocker. Loved seeing east duplin and new bern mashing people. And heck east Lincoln was pretty powerful themselves and much more effective running the ball.
That's the beauty of football you have three phases to the game. Special teams is just as crucial as offense and defense. I knew coming into that game MA would have the edge on special teams based on what I'd seen on film from Mount airy and in person at Tarboro games. Hopefully Tarboro is better on special teams this year. East Lincoln ran it quite a bit to, deference with them was they also knew how to air it out when they needed to.

Reactions: curtiscummings1
Just a random thought but Hertford County HC has accepted the HC job at New Bern. Anyone think the QB for Hertford will follow him to New Bern?
He posted on his Instagram story a post from Hertford county high school. It was about parents getting their students signed up for high School athletics for the upcoming season if they are interested in participating. I think that answered the question if he was leaving or not possibly. I'm eagerly looking forward to that matchup week 2.

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
His punting was good also,. nice and high with good distance. The snaps were spot on and the kid was getting them off quick. Barring the injury bug this team should be very good.
Forgot to mention how good his punting was to. Offense really impressed me to. Team looks better overall than last season. They are very motivated. Excited to see how they will look at the jamboree next week

Reactions: THSRudeBoyz
I think they will be in Ship vs MA but no redemption this time vs NW 1A! Bears roll!

Reactions: dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT