ADVERTISEMENT

Tarboro Football 2023 Outlook

I would slow that down a little bit my man. If they're kicking game gets that much better. And those kids are a little bit older now. I think it's a good game. Could go either way.
I hear big hats are selling real well in Mayberry these days. The boys from Mayberry should be there again but it’s a long season and anything can happen. Hope they stay healthy and don’t get too over confident when they hit those later rounds of the playoffs. 1A west has some really good teams.

This guy will be fun this year.
Every new addition to NCPreps, no matter what school they pull for, probably goes a little overbroad in their support for their team. It is easy to get out front of ourselves just a little at times.

I would suggest the we all remember, every team is made up of our neighbors, some are just a little further away than others.

All high school teams are made up of kids, young men, just like ours. Trying their best, putting in the time, the effort, and wanting the glory of victory while being willing to endure the disappointment of loss.

While there is no more of a Bear Fan than me (Bear on Thursday nights, Bear fan on Friday nights, and Lenoir Rhyne Bear fan on Saturday afternoon), I always try to say something positive about, and complement, our nightly opponent. Win humbly, lose graciously.

I enjoy other posters on this site and try to learn from their descriptions and their insights. At the end of the day, they are most likely just like me, an older guy who enjoys the game, the supports our community, does not have a tie to any one on the field or sideline except for the fact that we are neighbors even if we live close or far, at various parts of the state.

I really look forward to this coming season, am really excited that Mt Airy seems to be absolutely blessed with unusual talent again this year, a great coaching staff and the CHANCE to grab a lighting bolt in our hands and, again, brighten the skies over Surry County.

But it is only a CHANCE, not a birth right, that we have. Enjoy the ride.

Every new addition to NCPreps, no matter what school they pull for, probably goes a little overbroad in their support for their team. It is easy to get out front of ourselves just a little at times.

I would suggest the we all remember, every team is made up of our neighbors, some are just a little further away than others.

All high school teams are made up of kids, young men, just like ours. Trying their best, putting in the time, the effort, and wanting the glory of victory while being willing to endure the disappointment of loss.

While there is no more of a Bear Fan than me (Bear on Thursday nights, Bear fan on Friday nights, and Lenoir Rhyne Bear fan on Saturday afternoon), I always try to say something positive about, and complement, our nightly opponent. Win humbly, lose graciously.

I enjoy other posters on this site and try to learn from their descriptions and their insights. At the end of the day, they are most likely just like me, an older guy who enjoys the game, the supports our community, does not have a tie to any one on the field or sideline except for the fact that we are neighbors even if we live close or far, at various parts of the state.

I really look forward to this coming season, am really excited that Mt Airy seems to be absolutely blessed with unusual talent again this year, a great coaching staff and the CHANCE to grab a lighting bolt in our hands and, again, brighten the skies over Surry County.

But it is only a CHANCE, not a birth right, that we have. Enjoy the ride.
Excellent post Mr. Whitley. At a time when we are rapidly losing our collective ability to conduct civil discourse, yours is a shining example of how we should do it.
Thank you sir!

It's showing good bit of rain here also which could help East Surry.

The weather in NC is so unpredictable, especially in the summer time. The forecast for next Friday will more than likely change quite a few times between now and then.

Reactions: BK13T-$
The problem with the weather is that it is the same for both teams. I am pretty sure that is correct.
And what we have seen in recent years is that if the forecast is to extreme and will significantly effect the "gate" the game is moved to Saturday. Again for both teams.

Soooo, if it rains I believe the only way it helps one team more than the other is if it is just a enough to make a mess but not enough to postpone the game.

If I remember correctly, Gayle Sayers 5 TD game was not on a clear sun shining day.

The problem with the weather is that it is the same for both teams. I am pretty sure that is correct.
And what we have seen in recent years is that if the forecast is to extreme and will significantly effect the "gate" the game is moved to Saturday. Again for both teams.

Soooo, if it rains I believe the only way it helps one team more than the other is if it is just a enough to make a mess but not enough to postpone the game.

If I remember correctly, Gayle Sayers 5 TD game was not on a clear sun shining day.
Usually around here if weather is in the forecast for Friday, the game is moved to Thursday. Saturday games are very rare around here. The most recent time Tarboro played a regular season game on a Saturday was in 2019 against Northern Nash.

Wet field will help the slower stronger team.
We rarely move a game but it has happened.
We have two home games then it will be 4 weeks before we are at home again so it will give the grass a break.

He has Robbinsville ranked lower than any rville team going back to 2018.

He has rville with a 15% chance of beating East Surry.

He has Franklin ranked higher than Mtn Heritage.

From what I saw from Hudl, they look VERY VERY impressive! The offense will be explosive & the defense will be better than last year!
I know kam went off from what I saw on FB. I liked some of the plays they ran to. There were a few highlights on witn.com defense impressed me to pass defense looked good to. I'll definitely be at the jamboree Friday night

I know kam went off from what I saw on FB. I liked some of the plays they ran to. There were a few highlights on witn.com defense impressed me to pass defense looked good to. I'll definitely be at the jamboree Friday night
Yea. Most definitely I’ll be there. Majority of former players are usually on the sideline during the jamboree

I won’t be able to make it tomorrow night but hopefully someone can post updates up here

Reactions: Goatman6
Tarboro scrimmaging JH rose. Rose drives inside the tarboro Red zone but Tarboro defense holds them. Tarboro offense scores after a bit of a slow start.

Reactions: TarVikes
Tarboro scrimmages Wakefield. Wakefield goes on a long drive and scores on a touchdown pass in tight coverage. Tarboro second string gets reps on offense, moves the ball nicely until a interception. First team offense for Tarboro takes the field and scores quickly.

Tarboro scrimmages Wilson Hunt. Hunt scores on offense with a touchdown pass. Tarboro first string offense moves the ball nicely before a snap went over QB head. Second string came in moved the ball pretty well but didn't score.

Tarboro scrimmages North edgecombe with second string. North scores once but tarboro did good overall for second string against North edgecombe starters. Tarboro second string offense moved the ball nicely didn't score. North is running a wing t offense this year. First team offense and defense look good. The only team they played against were they stayed in the whole time was against JH Rose. They were the only team here that Rose didn't score on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT