ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton football outlook 2019

If memory serves me correctly it started like July 30th or 31st last year aswell....it makes since they start early on the 29th which is a Monday so teams can get a full week of practice in instead of starting on a Wednesday or Thursday

Be sure to look out for updates on Wednesday Javiah Cruse suppose to be playing in the East/West Football game would love to see him win defensive MVP

Disregard the post about the speed camps my co worker was look at a listing from 2015 lol.....he did take his son to the camp at Royal lane yesterday hosted by Jason Arnette and Bryan Peterson

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Disregard the post about the speed camps my co worker was look at a listing from 2015 lol.....he did take his son to the camp at Royal lane yesterday hosted by Jason Arnette and Bryan Peterson

Ok, I’m totally disregarding it 100%

Only a couple weeks before the action starts super excited definitely my favorite time...heard some good things about us on the defensive side of the ball believe we will be very strong......offense....could be some growing pains

Reactions: FOOTBALLFANTIC
Only a couple weeks before the action starts super excited definitely my favorite time...heard some good things about us on the defensive side of the ball believe we will be very strong......offense....could be some growing pains
Well if that’s true, offense needs to be shored up so the defense isn’t left on the field the entire game!

Long as the oline is solid we shoud be good we have some RBs with some experience so hopefully dont have to lean on the QB as much this season in the running game.......didnt have any stats to go.off of but im positive Evans led the team in rushing last year...dont think we can run King the same....King is mobile but Evans was pretty much a RB playing QB could break tackles run up the middle and make something out of nothing

I see where the other site has posted its preseason power ranking....Clinton starts at #7....what yall think to high? To low? Or just right.

I am curious to the reasoning behind the closed practices.....i mean Shelby....a team thats won what 5 state championships in the last 6 years with one of the most prolific offenses in the state can hold open practices with alot of fans and media present and not worry about someone videotaping practice then why cant we?....not to beat a dead horse but i seriously dont get why do that

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
I am curious to the reasoning behind the closed practices.....i mean Shelby....a team thats won what 5 state championships in the last 6 years with one of the most prolific offenses in the state can hold open practices with alot of fans and media present and not worry about someone videotaping practice then why cant we?....not to beat a dead horse but i seriously dont get why do that
Maybe Coach Johnson will open up practice this season. Maybe he did it last year being a first year coach and didn't want any distractions. Idk.

and before its taken the wrong way I like the coaching staff great staff doing geat work with the team getting a lot of kids to the next level....just not a fan of this policy but hey it is what it is

and before its taken the wrong way I like the coaching staff great staff doing geat work with the team getting a lot of kids to the next level....just not a fan of this policy but hey it is what it is
We know you wouldn't speak ill of the coach or the staff.

Reactions: dogs79
“Getting kids to the next level” should be taken loosely here in all respect. People automatically assume kids playing in college means they are going to school for free. Four of those kids are going to an NAIA school (Extremely expensive and aren’t getting much $) and the other two are walk ons, one who didn’t even play for Clinton but was still put in a photo signing (zero $). Only Jaivah and Carson are going to DII schools and even where Carson is going is extremely expensive, outside of him receiving a good amount of academic money. I saw where the, “we are sending 10 kids to the next level” was paraded on all social media platforms but it’s not always a good thing. These kids going to some levels rack up loads of debt that exceeds that of going to a regular public university and just being a student or walking on. Coach Lewis was made to look bad in all of this, but he did that for that very reason. If a kid could go play DI or DII, by all means go, but if it came to D3 or NAIA he let them make that decision because of the financial burden it creates. Coach Lewis could have sent 100s of kids to the next level, especially at D3 or NAIA, but he wasn’t self promoting himself via sending kids to D3 and NAIA schools. Again, no knocks, but just thought that needed to be cleared up because the disrespect that was trying to be and was created toward the former coach.
There was nowhere in his posts that he was being disrespectful to Coach Lewis. And going to college to continue one's football career is something that hundreds of thousands of high school football players DON'T get to do after their senior year. It doesn't matter if they're having to accrue debt or not, they also get a quality education and a better chance at a higher paying job once out of school, unless they get a chance to further continue playing semi-pro or professional football. No one has made Coach Lewis 'look bad', so your comment is bogus at best.

Yeah i never really took the post as disrespect to Coach Lewis.....i mean everyone knows Clinton football wouldnt be what it is today without Bob Lewis his name will be on that field one day.....i just took it as enthusiasm by a young staff happy to see kids moving on i dont think anyone put a gun to those kids heads and made them sign a LOI...the ones i have talked to are excited about it a chance to continue to play football.get out of Clinton and get a quality education seems like a win win to me wish i had the opportunity when i played

Its my favorite time of year i just like to be out there guess you can say i get a sorta nostalgic feel being out there cant wait to see the team

Well i got a couple shows to help ease this final stretch before the season begins....Amazon Prime has the new season of All or Nothing featuring my favorite team the Carolina Panthers and also Season 4 of "Last Chance U" is on Netflix

Taking a brief hiatus from posting till the season start our first scrimmage i believe is the CC Jamboree vs Terry Sanford Aug 15th 8pm at Seventy-First not sure if we doing anything smaller before then....i deal with enough a$$holes at work dont feel like doing up here and apparently im a fairweather fan anyway lol so ill see yall then DH04 ima try and work on them stats for ya

Reactions: daagoob
Members of the team were out in the community yesterday afternoon starting their fundraiser....its essentially a coupon book for the various restaurants in Clinton alot of good deals only $20 and has a picture of the team and a schedule attached.....if you see these young men out selling in the community please help support the team

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT