ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton @ East Bladen wk 6

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Clinton 4-1(1-0) travels to East Bladen1-4(0-1) for their second game in SAC-7 conference play. Clinton takes to the road for the first time in 3 weeks after a 68-0 win last Friday over West Bladen. East Bladen comes in the midst of a 3 game losing streak after dropping a heartbreaker to Midway 23-22 in the final minutes last Friday a game in which East Bladen led 22-8 with about 9 mins left in the game. A old traditional rivalry dating back to when the Eagles were the Cougars these two have had a lot of good match ups over the years and honestly Elizabethtown has been a hard place for Clinton to play at over the years, seen some really good Clinton teams go down there and forget how to play football. And credit guys like Robbie Priest and Lenon Fisher always have team ready to play the Horses.

East Bladen has been alil down the last couple seasons used to be one of the more consistent programs in this part of the state sad to see really I believe the conference would be a lot better if East Bladen was their usual selves. A lot of history a lot of great players seems like they always had a special RB or two from Kevin Richardson to AJ Mckoy to the Murchison and Hines twins. This years team looks like #23 Mason Brooks is the go to. Good size kid strong runner but plays on the dline aswell and seems like he wears down fast. I would think they would try to 3-5 yard us to death,try to control the clock limiting our possessions maybe even try to steal a possession or two. Defensively they really struggled containing Midways balance and passing late in the game so may be something we would like to exploit aswell.

For Clinton continue to build on what you did last week. Don’t get complacent don’t play down to your competition execute handle business get out of there healthy and with a win. Like I mentioned before historically we had some bad games down here honestly the only thing I like about going to Elizabethtown on a Friday night is Giorgio’s lol.

Once again don’t expect much chatter about this match up this week East Bladen use to have a couple guys up here but haven’t seen any post in a long time.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Clinton 4-1(1-0) travels to East Bladen1-4(0-1) for their second game in SAC-7 conference play. Clinton takes to the road for the first time in 3 weeks after a 68-0 win last Friday over West Bladen. East Bladen comes in the midst of a 3 game losing streak after dropping a heartbreaker to Midway 23-22 in the final minutes last Friday a game in which East Bladen led 22-8 with about 9 mins left in the game. A old traditional rivalry dating back to when the Eagles were the Cougars these two have had a lot of good match ups over the years and honestly Elizabethtown has been a hard place for Clinton to play at over the years, seen some really good Clinton teams go down there and forget how to play football. And credit guys like Robbie Priest and Lenon Fisher always have team ready to play the Horses.

East Bladen has been alil down the last couple seasons used to be one of the more consistent programs in this part of the state sad to see really I believe the conference would be a lot better if East Bladen was their usual selves. A lot of history a lot of great players seems like they always had a special RB or two from Kevin Richardson to AJ Mckoy to the Murchison and Hines twins. This years team looks like #23 Mason Brooks is the go to. Good size kid strong runner but plays on the dline aswell and seems like he wears down fast. I would think they would try to 3-5 yard us to death,try to control the clock limiting our possessions maybe even try to steal a possession or two. Defensively they really struggled containing Midways balance and passing late in the game so may be something we would like to exploit aswell.

For Clinton continue to build on what you did last week. Don’t get complacent don’t play down to your competition execute handle business get out of there healthy and with a win. Like I mentioned before historically we had some bad games down here honestly the only thing I like about going to Elizabethtown on a Friday night is Giorgio’s lol.

Once again don’t expect much chatter about this match up this week East Bladen use to have a couple guys up here but haven’t seen any post in a long time.
Clinton by as much as they want

Last edited:
Clinton rolls all the way to St. Paul's. Then probably win then too. I don't know about that. If they do, they will have to contain the Baldwin kid and that will be a hard chore to do because he gets stronger as the game gets into the 2nd half.

Score update Clinton’s Josiah McLaurin runs it in from a yard out. PAT good. Clinton 7 EB 0 7:54 in 1st Q

Score update Clinton’s Amaris Williams takes it in from a yard out.2 point conv good by McLaurin. Clinton 15 East Bladen 0. 2nd Q

Score update Clinton’s Josiah Robinson scores from 25 yards out.2point conv no good. Clinton 21 EB 0 5:56 left in 2nd

Score update Amaris Williams scores his second TD of the night. PAT good. Clinton 28 EB 0 1:18 in half

After a fumble recovery by Clinton defense Clinton Josiah McLaurin takes it in from 18 yards out. PAT good Clinton 35 EB 0. 1:05 left in half

Score update Clinton scores on TD pass from Nydarion Blackwell to Josiah McLaurin. PAT is blocked Clinton 41 EB 0. 8:41 in the 3rd

Worth mentioning outstanding defensive effort in previous drive Amaris Williams has big TFL and on next play blocks punt freshmen Jayden Williams recovered

Score update Clinton’s Josiah McLaurin 50 yard punt return for touchdown. PAT good. Clinton 48 East Bladen 0. 6:48 in 3rd

Eagles capitalize on Clinton subs East Bladen finally hits paydirt 77 yard TD run. PAT good. Clinton 48 East Bladen 7. 3rd Q

Scores from around the conference

Midway 26 Fairmont 0
St Pauls 42 Red Springs 0
West Bladen Open

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT