ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton at Southern Lee(Sept 15)

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
After being open last night Clinton prepares to travel to Sourthern Lee next Friday....Its a "must win" for the Dark Horses as you would put yourself in a tough situation going into conf play 0-4....Dont know much about Southern Lee looking at them record wise seem like a pretty middle of the road solid 3A school strength wise remind me of those Triton teams we played back in the mid 2000's....They do have a stud DB is Duke committ Nate Thompson 6'3 190......For Clinton you have to figure the focus this week will be cutting down the mental errors which have killed us all year to this point.We did finally establish some offensive rythem last game made a subtle change moving center Gage Jackson to tackle and starting sophmore Drew Leggett as center....we were able to run the ball better and more consistent then the previous games...Sophmore Jaheim Faison starting to show some signs of things to come stepping up as a game breaker had some really good returns on special teams as well. I expect to see some changes on special teams coverage mist coaches dont like putting alot starters on those units but kickoff and punt coverage has given up some really big plays that really hurt us in every game so far i would not be surprise to see more starters out there going forward.....I feel we are starting to put things together and i see us going into conf play with a hard earned "W"

My prediction Clinton 21 Southern Lee 14

Watching this Carolina vs Louisville game would love for Clinton whenever we are in the spread to run Kris Williams like Louisville does Lamar Jackson those QB power runs are deadly when u have a fast athletic QB

Also helps when u r running them against a Defense as bad as Unc's. This coming from a UNC fan 34.

I think our best chances at passing are short, quick passes. Throwing deep only gives the defense time to make up ground.

Just do what we do best ground and pound and throw a lil play action at em....we have alot of depth in the back field if offensive line performs we can wear em down.....power backs Williamson,Smith,and Autry then a nice change of pace back in Faison still have Khari Williams aswell.....we come out have a bice offensive drive march downfield if defense can get a quick stop we put em in a tough position from the start get that defense tired....start keying on the run then boom playaction pass hit Barwck or Brock wide open

Bottomline we need to get back to our identity running the ball efficiently controlling the clock controlling the tempo and on defense stopping the run period....very odd watching teams run on us the way they have this year......if we can get back to that and cut out the stupid mistakes we will be ok.....i swear that gun has to be out of bullets now.....done shot ourselves in the foot enough

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Clinton JV all over Southern Lee 27-0 end of the 1st.....hope the varsity can turn it a similar performance tomorrow night

Running clock at halftime during JV game Clinton up 48-0......im not at the game so im not sure exactly how bad SL's JV team is but that score looking ugly

JV improves to 2-2 beating Southern Lee 60-0......hope varsity can match that.....i expect a tougher game than that JV contest

Actually heard the JV game ended early due to a serious injury to a Southern Lee player.......hope the young man is ok

Injured Southern Lee JV player was discharged from hospital last night everything was fine

Looking at a lil film on their star Thompson looks like they are a spread team which we may match up with better.....Thompson looks like a really good athlete he is long and fast i would guess we will have Dewan Lesane shadow him when he lines up at WR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT