ADVERTISEMENT

Catawba Valley 2A Early Outlook

BlueDevil1996

May 20, 2020
This is a top to bottom competitive conference and I think this conference year will be down imo for some teams than last year and I think this year will be top heavy. *Im still learning about this area so Im prob way off on my prediction*

My early Prediction is
1. Maiden
2. N-C
3. East Burke
4. Lincolnton
5. Bandys
6. West Lincoln
7. Bunker Hill
8. West Caldwell

Bunker Hill- A great coaching staff and have a lot coming back. I believe this is their year.
Maiden- Losing Culliver and Gibbs will hurt but the Boom Devils still have a bunch of talent. One has to wonder who will be throwing the pigskin around the yard?
West Lincoln- Just like Bunker Hill, they have a great coaching staff that their kids play hard for. In my opinion, the game in Vale this year will be for third place.
Lincolnton- We return a bunch of talent but a lot of unknowns with how the staff will shake out. Nonetheless, the kids love Coach Angle and will play hard for him.
East Burke- Coach Minor is turning the corner over there, they will be better this year.
Bandys- Not sure what they have coming back, but they will better than NC and WC
NC- All the athletes in the world, but seem to not be able to figure it out. Do not seeing that being much different this season.
WC- You know the story

Bunker Hill- A great coaching staff and have a lot coming back. I believe this is their year.
Maiden- Losing Culliver and Gibbs will hurt but the Boom Devils still have a bunch of talent. One has to wonder who will be throwing the pigskin around the yard?
West Lincoln- Just like Bunker Hill, they have a great coaching staff that their kids play hard for. In my opinion, the game in Vale this year will be for third place.
Lincolnton- We return a bunch of talent but a lot of unknowns with how the staff will shake out. Nonetheless, the kids love Coach Angle and will play hard for him.
East Burke- Coach Minor is turning the corner over there, they will be better this year.
Bandys- Not sure what they have coming back, but they will better than NC and WC
NC- All the athletes in the world, but seem to not be able to figure it out. Do not seeing that being much different this season.
WC- You know the story
I never been a fan of coaching at N-C but talent is there so that helps

I maybe wrong on BH but I thought they lost a lot? Maybe I missed heard

I think WL will be down imo bc they lost a great RB who was a work horse and that’s hard to replace

EB to me is one who needs be playing for 3rd bc idk how many chances they have imo

Bandys is ? Bc I haven’t heard much

I agree on maiden but talent is good there n coaching is too so that’s why I have them #1

Lincolnton will be better and I like Lincolnton so y’all will be better n competitive this yr

Reactions: Lincolnton
If E. Burke can manage a third-place finish in conference-and make the playoffs-that would be a huge boost for that program and coach Minor
I just think this is their year. With all the mistakes n such last 2 , I feel they prob turn the corner possibly with the talent current there bc I feel like if they don’t this year I’m not sure if they will - They have to win the games they have to win like Bunker Hill is must win if they wanna finish high

I just think this is their year. With all the mistakes n such last 2 , I feel they prob turn the corner possibly with the talent current there bc I feel like if they don’t this year I’m not sure if they will - They have to win the games they have to win like Bunker Hill is must win if they wanna finish high
That seems right to me. They've had the chance to win some games over the past couple of years that just seemed to slip through their fingers. Coach Minor is a quality coach and I think he wants to stay somewhere long term, so he needs a good season this year to further establish himself at East Burke.

I think it should be a fun year within CVAC and I think it could be a battle for top spots but like I said I really believe it’s EB year to either win it all or bust

"A few things", lol.

Your magnetic staff and program should be able to pull in a few puzzles pieces, I believe. Just aim that magnet away from your south.
Would y'all be our south or would y'all's northern brethren be our real southern neighbor 🤔🤔🤣🤣

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
On different note - I hope to meet some of CVAC crowd! Im going try get to 1 BH game, 1 Bandys game and 1 N-C game this yr as I may attend a few others possibly like St Stephens and Hickory which may not be in CVAC but in our general area

Would y'all be our south or would y'all's northern brethren be our real southern neighbor 🤔🤔🤣🤣
Unless you read mappage like our School namers, It'd be us. Pumpkin Center High coulve had identity, but chose a directional name. They are North of what . Iron Station?

• Haha
Reactions: LHSfaninVA
Unless you read mappage like our School namers, It'd be us. Pumpkin Center High coulve had identity, but chose a directional name. They are North of what . Iron Station?
When that name was chosen I thought to myself the school board didn't even try. I guess they wanted to leave before Bar-B-Q King closed at 8pm and order a Cheese King.

And they opt for Knights... ridiculous.
They missed a grand opportunity. "Pumpkins" would have been a fine name, not The Pumpkins, just Pumpkins. This way it could've been used in a transpositional way.

Consider this, around Halloween, or after a big win, they could call themselves The Great Pumpkin. Then at Thanksgiving they could be the Pumpkin Pies or Pumpkin rolls with cream cheese.

Then, as Christmas draws near they could set a special time aside to recognize those alumni and boosters and benefactors within the lake area of their school district (as their school district runs from the city limits of Lincolnton to Lake Norman, GMAFB) and heighten this by calling themselves the Pumpkin Spice Lattes, or perhaps the Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea with skim milk, hot-but not too hot with a mild but obvious froth and stirred with one ml of elvish honey.

Disclaimer: 1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV...Seem to be struggling with the last phrase.

You're missing the obvious mascot if the school would have been named pumpkin center high.

They missed a grand opportunity. "Pumpkins" would have been a fine name, not The Pumpkins, just Pumpkins. This way it could've been used in a transpositional way.

Consider this, around Halloween, or after a big win, they could call themselves The Great Pumpkin. Then at Thanksgiving they could be the Pumpkin Pies or Pumpkin rolls with cream cheese.

Then, as Christmas draws near they could set a special time aside to recognize those alumni and boosters and benefactors within the lake area of their school district (as their school district runs from the city limits of Lincolnton to Lake Norman, GMAFB) and heighten this by calling themselves the Pumpkin Spice Lattes, or perhaps the Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea with skim milk, hot-but not too hot with a mild but obvious froth and stirred with one ml of elvish honey.

Disclaimer: 1 Corinthians 13:11 KJV...Seem to be struggling with the last phrase.

City limits to Sailview... that's all a casual observer would need to diagnose some problems in planning, lol

On different note - I hope to meet some of CVAC crowd! Im going try get to 1 BH game, 1 Bandys game and 1 N-C game this yr as I may attend a few others possibly like St Stephens and Hickory which may not be in CVAC but in our general area
BD1996, You have a standing invite to join me for any Hickory game home or away. I'll send you contact information soon.

Last edited:
Bandys had one of the best JV teams I thought BH had most players coming back. I do think EB will be much improved maybe middle of the back but i hope I am wrong, and they are near the top 4! hope they make the playoffs Coach Minor has that program on the rise!!

That seems right to me. They've had the chance to win some games over the past couple of years that just seemed to slip through their fingers. Coach Minor is a quality coach and I think he wants to stay somewhere long term, so he needs a good season this year to further establish himself at East Burke.
you are right EB had at three more games last year they should have won!!Lincolnton BH and don't get me started about the Freedom game!! one of the worst called games by the refs for sure.

you are right EB had at three more games last year they should have won!!Lincolnton BH and don't get me started about the Freedom game!! one of the worst called games by the refs for sure.
The Cavaliers had us beat with less than two minutes left. Can't remember when BH pulled ahead but it was late in the game.

Reactions: BlueDevil1996
Returnees….I judged it by stats on Max Preps…not just rosters….however…it’s still just my opinion on who has the most experienced returning players.

1. Bunker Hill
2. Lincolnton
3. Bandys
4. East Burke
5. Newton Conover
6. West Lincoln
7. West Caldwell

8. Maiden…heck!…we even lost the twin brothers that were our kicker and holder.
I’m gonna miss them….Carson and Bryson Foard…..stalwarts on our special teams for 3 years. They’d hit ya too!😉

Funny story….my baby girl graduated from Maiden in ‘21…there were 5 sets of twins in that graduating class. There’s something in the water over here in Maiden. 😂

For the record….my list of teams above…..AIN’T how they’ll finish next year!…just saying!

Go! Boom Devils!

At EB we just lost a few from the line up. A lot of starters coming back hoping for a great year in the conference. Big JR senior and somp classes returning! should be a interesting year 2023!! just need to fill the QB spot. Future one coining from the middle school. JV QB has talent but needs to get more physical. Go Cavs.

Well been away from ncpreps a while and don’t really look at it much but maybe 1 or 2 times after the final game so here’s my spill- I don’t study the teams rosters and attend every CVAC game and study game programs so I doubt I’ll have big time analysis on anything but I will say I was off on we’re EB would finish in conference the past couple years and last year was a roller coaster of emotion with so many close losses. This years theme at EB- Maintain and pull the trigger ha ha.
My shoot from the hip picks:

1 Bunker Hill- rolling the dice hard on this one but have enough coming back from my understanding to beat Maiden for the 1st time since before Desert Storm

2 Maiden- just because it’s Maiden. Sure they’ve had down years(not many) but will have enough to stay in it

3 EB- MUCH returning, MORE Speed(usually not the case), will pull what tallent there was from last years unsuccessful JV team to fill the few shoes needed to replace what few they lost on varsity & with a stable of RBs making up for what might be a lack of a passing game. Wgt room and anger, look for a #3 but don’t be surprised if higher. Remember!!!- 2006 to 2007. It can happen again if those kids want it bad enough except it will be a lower scale. Coble will be a war horse power back but he ain’t no Shatley

4 Bandys- Barnes is a good dude good coach, he will have the boys ready. JV fill in’s will be one of the keys in this one. Dog fight for 3

5 West Lincoln- also could be a 4. Steady program that has surprised people big time. Prob a mistake putting them this low but giving the ones above the benefit of the doubts

6 Lincolnton - Should be on the rise, always a classy tradition that’s had its ups and downs but more ups. Could be a 4 with athletes

7 NC- don’t know why they were pushed to the top in other guesses but could finish 4. Just gotta place em somewhere on my BFR guess chart ha ha.

7 West Caldwell- sure glad your basketball team is good

This is a top to bottom competitive conference and I think this conference year will be down imo for some teams than last year and I think this year will be top heavy. *Im still learning about this area so Im prob way off on my prediction*

My early Prediction is
1. Maiden
2. N-C
3. East Burke
4. Lincolnton
5. Bandys
6. West Lincoln
7. Bunker Hill
8. West Caldwell
Does your user name mean you graduated in 1996 from Maiden? If so, just wanted to say it’s been a joy to hear over the years one of your classmates preach- One of the Shook twins.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
At EB we just lost a few from the line up. A lot of starters coming back hoping for a great year in the conference. Big JR senior and somp classes returning! should be a interesting year 2023!! just need to fill the QB spot. Future one coining from the middle school. JV QB has talent but needs to get more physical. Go Cavs.
So the middle school QB coming up to EB this fall or he have another year at EB Middle?

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Well been away from ncpreps a while and don’t really look at it much but maybe 1 or 2 times after the final game so here’s my spill- I don’t study the teams rosters and attend every CVAC game and study game programs so I doubt I’ll have big time analysis on anything but I will say I was off on we’re EB would finish in conference the past couple years and last year was a roller coaster of emotion with so many close losses. This years theme at EB- Maintain and pull the trigger ha ha.
My shoot from the hip picks:

1 Bunker Hill- rolling the dice hard on this one but have enough coming back from my understanding to beat Maiden for the 1st time since before Desert Storm

2 Maiden- just because it’s Maiden. Sure they’ve had down years(not many) but will have enough to stay in it

3 EB- MUCH returning, MORE Speed(usually not the case), will pull what tallent there was from last years unsuccessful JV team to fill the few shoes needed to replace what few they lost on varsity & with a stable of RBs making up for what might be a lack of a passing game. Wgt room and anger, look for a #3 but don’t be surprised if higher. Remember!!!- 2006 to 2007. It can happen again if those kids want it bad enough except it will be a lower scale. Coble will be a war horse power back but he ain’t no Shatley

4 Bandys- Barnes is a good dude good coach, he will have the boys ready. JV fill in’s will be one of the keys in this one. Dog fight for 3

5 West Lincoln- also could be a 4. Steady program that has surprised people big time. Prob a mistake putting them this low but giving the ones above the benefit of the doubts

6 Lincolnton - Should be on the rise, always a classy tradition that’s had its ups and downs but more ups. Could be a 4 with athletes

7 NC- don’t know why they were pushed to the top in other guesses but could finish 4. Just gotta place em somewhere on my BFR guess chart ha ha.

7 West Caldwell- sure glad your basketball team is good
Let's just say you may be surprised by what maiden brings to the field next year 🤫😉🤣🤣🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT