ADVERTISEMENT

Catawba Valley 2A Early Outlook

I hear randy moss is reclassifying and identifying as a high school senior. And he's moving from Charlotte to Maiden to live. So y'all guys better watch out next season 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yep …. I haven’t change any thing on my predictions - IF I do it prob wouldn’t be until Scrimmage time but I rarely change bc Like I tell people who don’t like my opinion or predictions or whatever is Prove me Wrong
You can’t even give a reasoning on why you put the bears 7th😂😂

Reactions: Maiden Creek
You can’t even give a reasoning on why you put the bears 7th😂😂
Actually I did - Like I said Last yr was your best season - Also As we all know it’s goes by what’s there n what not - BH hasn’t much so U maybe Fine this yr but what about Long term so I think there a slightly drop off but I think other teams I have above y’all have Higher upside this yr as well so if y’all slip up then u will finish 7th and This year y’all are Very Senior Heavy so Let see what happens

No disrespect is intent but Just stating the Facts. I like BH and like I said last time I plan to be at 1 game at BH this yr

Actually I did - Like I said Last yr was your best season - Also As we all know it’s goes by what’s there n what not - BH hasn’t much so U maybe Fine this yr but what about Long term so I think there a slightly drop off but I think other teams I have above y’all have Higher upside this yr as well so if y’all slip up then u will finish 7th and This year y’all are Very Senior Heavy so Let see what happens

No disrespect is intent but Just stating the Facts. I like BH and like I said last time I plan to be at 1 game at BH this yr
Hope you realize we return everyone this year. Have the best RB in the conference , Arguably the best QB, top 2 WR if not 1, A O line who just loses the LG , the whole Front 7 returns on defense and we return the whole secondary besides a safety so what other teams have more upside lol

If Draughn keeps up the transfers too much they’ll go over the 1A limit and have to jump back to 2A which would suck lol. Years ago North Lincoln barley I mean barley missed the 2A cut off By like 5 or 6 students and had to play 3A. Which they do now anyway cause of more people in genera moving to area, BUT back then it was Kids transferring in cause they liked the band.

That’s prob when they were in NPC days with Mooresville n LN
It was

Okay here's an honest assessment of Bunker Hill with no emotion or very little 🤣. They do have the pieces to compete at the top of the conference but can they stay healthy because I don't believe they have very much depth. They do lose their best receiver in Elijah Boston. As far as their front lineman I still believe that is a weakness of theirs. If you can't win the battle up front you're running back and quarterback no matter how good they are will not succeed. They won I believe five games last year by touchdown or less you can't make a living with those kind of games they're not always going to fall your way. In the end I do have them being a top three team in the conference probably top two. But I still don't think they can get by a revamped Maiden football team.

P.s. their JV you didn't look good at all and let's be honest if there was any talent it already got moved up to varsity last year so I don't see a lot of help coming from there or probably down the line. Their coach will try to use this year as a catapult to a better job unless there's some talent that's not been seen.

P.s. atheir JV you didn't look good at allnd let's be honest if there was any talent it already got moved up to varsity last year so I don't see a lot of help coming from there or probably down the line. Their coach will try to use this year as a catapult to a better job unless there's some talent that's not been seen.
AMD, I wish you'd stop being so good to everybody and sugarcoating everything and just be blunt... Look, I don't mean to hurt your feelings but I'm having serious doubts that you'll ever become an ambassador, or at least anytime soon.

• Haha
AMD, I wish you'd stop being so good to everybody and sugarcoating everything and just be blunt... Look, I don't mean to hurt your feelings but I'm having serious doubts that you'll ever become an ambassador, or at least anytime soon.

Perhaps he should run for public office, Mr. Lincolnton. Shortage of truth telling in that profession these days.

I think with Lincolnton and having a new head coach they will turn it around some. They had ZERO discipline last year and not much respect for the head coach from what I saw. I think these kids will believe more in what Angle brings and they will play much harder. I wouldn't sleep on them being a top 2-3 team this year.

Looks like I'm going to go see a maiden basketball game tonight so I can get my eyes on that new talent that showed up. 🤣🤣🤣 Nothing like a true eye test instead of pictures and videos lol

Got a challenge for the CVAC faithful. This spring, conference track meet, BE THERE. Mark it down, take off work whatever it takes(reasonably lol)
You can see who the athletes are and who might give their team the edge this coming Aug. Not even saying EB can win that. Maiden might could come along and pull it off, Bandys will be in the running for crown. Anyone of y’all game for this in May? Think it was held at EB last year. Not sure we’re it will be this year. Bandys and Bunker Hill have nice facilities too

If u had to pick a dark horse for the conference, who will it be this season: I am be slightly biased but East Burke is mine but I would also put West Lincoln there as well.
I think West lost a lot of seniors and their JV team did not impress. I think BH and Bandys are going to be strong again!! But this is a strong conference. not many easy games in the conferences!!

That seems right to me. They've had the chance to win some games over the past couple of years that just seemed to slip through their fingers. Coach Minor is a quality coach and I think he wants to stay somewhere long term, so he needs a good season this year to further establish himself at East Burke.
EB had seven somp starter last year on varsity. Heavy Sr and JR classes returning so hope this is their year to make some noise in a tough conference.

I don't think track necessarily translates over to football in all cases. Maiden is the dominant football school of this area. But don't really ever remember us having a really impressive track team

Reactions: Burkeforreal
I don't think track necessarily translates over to football in all cases. Maiden is the dominant football school of this area. But don't really ever remember us having a really impressive track team
It don’t always translate no I agree cause Watauga destroyed people in track for years and years and finished last in conference in football at times. Not been the case in the past 5 or 6 years or more but the 90s and a lot of 2000s great track teams and terrible football teams. Problem was they just didn’t have the right coach to capitalize on the athletic tallent there. Trust me if they’d had that coach in the 90s it’d been a wrap for everyone in football excerpt against Crest and sometimes Freedom

I posted that for fun. Still y’all should come out and see the conf meet and see who pulls off the conf crown

It don’t always translate no I agree cause Watauga destroyed people in track for years and years and finished last in conference in football at times. Not been the case in the past 5 or 6 years or more but the 90s and a lot of 2000s great track teams and terrible football teams. Problem was they just didn’t have the right coach to capitalize on the athletic tallent there. Trust me if they’d had that coach in the 90s it’d been a wrap for everyone in football excerpt against Crest and sometimes Freedom

I posted that for fun. Still y’all should come out and see the conf meet and see who pulls off the conf crown
Hell I went to my first ever Maiden basketball game last night just to check out the new kid LOL

• Haha
But basketball does...
Did the new talent pass the eye test?
With basketball you can tell with hand-eye coordination and if they can handle the basketball overall just means they have some coordination. And you can see quickness in basketball from sudden moves. But yes he looks a lot like Harrison from Reidsville. He's a freshman 6'4 or 6'5 I'd say probably around 220 pounds. But being a freshman he's got room to grow and improve. His little brother could be a possible star also boy got size too

With basketball you can tell with hand-eye coordination and if they can handle the basketball overall just means they have some coordination. And you can see quickness in basketball from sudden moves. But yes he looks a lot like Harrison from Reidsville. He's a freshman 6'4 or 6'5 I'd say probably around 220 pounds. But being a freshman he's got room to grow and improve. His little brother could be a possible star also boy got size too
He definitely looks the part. How old is his younger brother?

If you go to Watauga and look at the state championship banners they have in their gym you will see that they are mostly* for Track and Cross Country. They used to be great in distance events (maybe because they would train at altitude) and that helped them win those titles. They haven't won championships in those sports in a while, maybe due to a coaching change or maybe because other schools caught on and figured out ways to compensate.
*They do have a football championship from the 70s.
Most of our individual state champions in track at Freedom also played Football: Leon Johnson was a long jumper and sprinter, Khris Gardin and BJ Emmons were both on a championship 4X100 team and both played D1 football and Larry Whitesides won the 110m high hurdles and played some at Carolina. I think there is some cross over because natural athletic ability is something that both sports develop.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT