ADVERTISEMENT

Can 3AA champions New Hanover repeat?

Play2Win247

Jul 24, 2018
Last years 3AA state champs New Hanover high school looks to repeat as champs, but lost a lot of productivity on both sides of the ball. They, hopefully, return a two year starter at QB (NC State Baseball commit) and a few others starters from last years team but with so much gone I’m interested to see what they do this year. Pretty tough non conference schedule, but play in a pretty easy conference, outside of Hoggard. Head coach Earl Smith has done a tremendous job since his return, so will be keepin a eye on NHHS to see what he does with a young team. Thoughts?

Last edited:
I doubt A.C. Reynolds or New Hanover either one make it back. Not hating, just considering the losses each team took to graduation and not knowing exactly which teams go 3A or 3AA. for example Charlotte Catholic, Whether they go 3A or 3AA they have pretty much already won.

I doubt A.C. Reynolds or New Hanover either one make it back. Not hating, just considering the losses each team took to graduation and not knowing exactly which teams go 3A or 3AA. for example Charlotte Catholic, Whether they go 3A or 3AA they have pretty much already won.
Think looking at ADMs Catholic will be 3A but who knows, and nothing is won yet. Got a lot of work to do

If New Hanover still has that QB I think they can, they have great coaching. Also I expect Dudley to be back in the mix

That q.b was awesome but so was their line. I don’t think Reynolds touched him the entire night.

They will definitely win the conference. They got a key transfer from Laney that will help in the backfield. Not sure about the line but they always have athletes. This conference will suffer a down year in talent but I hear Topsail had a good 7 on 7 run in Wilmington (losing once) and running the table at Northside. I’m just ready for it to start.

Reactions: Swo_05
Dude you have no clue what you are talking about as usual. 3AA is not like 3A. It’s much tougher due to playoff realignment. Teams like New Hanover, Dudley, Hillside, Jacksonville, Eastern Guilford, Mt. Tabor, etc. are no walk in the park for 4A teams let along 3A. You need to get outside of Cleveland County a little more before making statements like this.

Dude you have no clue what you are talking about as usual. 3AA is not like 3A. It’s much tougher due to playoff realignment. Teams like New Hanover, Dudley, Hillside, Jacksonville, Eastern Guilford, Mt. Tabor, etc. are no walk in the park for 4A teams let along 3A. You need to get outside of Cleveland County a little more before making statements like this.

Outside of Dudley...which of those teams have won recently? Or better yet which have won consecutively? I’ll wait.

Well New Hanover is the defending champs, so that’s as recent as it can be. But this thread is to discuss whether they can do it again aka consecutively.

Hotterhand- good thought of topsail making some noise in that conference. They had a good start and fell apart the last few seasons, so we will see if they can stay healthy and challenge new Hanover and hoggard for the title.

Last edited:
Smh..again here we go with someone who thinks football is only played in the West. New Hanover is the defending champions. Jacksonville has been to the East finals or Semi Finals the past couple of years. Keep sleeping if you must.

Smh..again here we go with someone who thinks football is only played in the West. New Hanover is the defending champions. Jacksonville has been to the East finals or Semi Finals the past couple of years. Keep sleeping if you must.

Watch out for Jacksonville Cardinals! Return allot of starters.

LoL JHS will not make it to the title game or anywhere close.

Hanover will be ok, will they repeat, will be a tough task. D has to improve a lot.
I knew the defense was going to be an issue this year, but felt with some weapons coming back on offense they would hold their own. Repeat as state champ … no. The Wildcats have nowhere to go but up after that very poor performance Friday night. I don't think New Hanover has had a loss like that in 15 - 20 years.

Reactions: Jeff_spicolli
I am not sure anybody expected the Cats to repeat. I think the defense did a decent job in the second half. I will reserve any comment on the offense until they play at least one more game as they were missing some starters. I am confident that Coach Smith will solve some of the problems.

Last edited:
They just got destoried and jeffy up here bragging. New Hanover one hit wonders is over. Beat by 40 and think they will repeat wow.

I have a feel who ever makes it too the states comming out the 3AA east is going to have too come through J.A. Tarpley stadium in Greensboro i dont think we at Dudley are looking to travel much in the playoffs this year if we can stay healthy

NH has more problems than just their poor defense. Their O line has to give Walston time or they loose their huge advantage. Walston has D1 arm strength and he can beat you if he is given time. If the O line can not do better than last Friday, NH is in for a long year. I do think NH will fiure some things out on the defensive side of the ball but they will not be nearly as strong as last season. NH may be looking at 1-3 or 0-4.

Jeffy has them as the favorites to win the title again..the clown disappeared after they got smashed

Destoried or destroyed? Suggestion, learn to spell before you engage in a war of words.

Clown go back Into hiding. Worry about your one hit wonders, that you said would repeat this year. Wilmington football is back to the basement again clown. Sign off

Please copy and paste where i said we would repeat. I simply predicted jville to beat southwest, which happened, and your illiterate panties got in a wad. Trust me, we have a lot of work to do to even come close to last year. Did i think we would be better at this point, yes. I can admit it.

Wouldn't trust you to walk my dogs. Your knowledge on SWO is like someone from California commenting on the program.

I predicted you to get beat, just like you did. I never claimed any knowledge of Southwest Onslow. I know yall have a succesful program that you had zero to do with. Did you even go to Southwest Onslow?

LoL no respect SWO. Yes and my two sons did. And they won multiple titles and rings. You even from around this part of the state

Last edited:
New Hanover HS c/o 91. I thought you said you were in jville via military. Am i being "catfished" by a 15 year band student?

Last edited:
My father moved us to this town before you were born. My sons graduated in 2004 and 2005. I played at SWO in the late 70s early 80s, when SWO first opened. Please keep them comments to your self. Your digging your self a deep hole

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT