ADVERTISEMENT

#11 West Forsyth @ #6 Butler

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
This is the worst case scenario for West Forsyth, they are beat up right now with star RB Caman Chaplin hurt(didn’t return last night) along with Tarheel commit OL Desmond Jackson who is out for the year.

It kills me to say this:
Butler has absolutely destroyed West Forsyth the past 20yrs and they’ve Never beat Butler… In Fact, they’ve never played a close game(out of 6 times) they’ve all been 50pt blowouts. They’ve faced Christian & Benny Lemay Title teams along with Riley Ferguson Title teams. Butler came to West Forsyth 6 or 7 years ago when West thought they had a good team and they got throttled. Butler has scarred me mentally as a West fan. It’s the Kryptonite team for West.

I wish the game would be as close as the seeds #6 & #11 ….but I don’t see it. It could get ugly again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Veejay4
Yea, I don't think this game will be close. A 40-20 type game if Chaplin can return. If not, I see an even worse loss.

Wow, Chaplin being out and Desmond takes the excitement out of the game for me. I thought WF could make it interesting but now I see Butler rolling big.

This is the worst case scenario for West Forsyth, they are beat up right now with star RB Caman Chaplin hurt(didn’t return last night) along with Tarheel commit OL Desmond Jackson who is out for the year.

It kills me to say this:
Butler has absolutely destroyed West Forsyth the past 20yrs and they’ve Never beat Butler… In Fact, they’ve never played a close game(out of 6 times) they’ve all been 50pt blowouts. They’ve faced Christian & Benny Lemay Title teams along with Riley Ferguson Title teams. Butler came to West Forsyth 6 or 7 years ago when West thought they had a good team and they got throttled. Butler has scarred me mentally as a West fan. It’s the Kryptonite team for West.

I wish the game would be as close as the seeds #6 & #11 ….but I don’t see it. It could get ugly again.
I think it was 2013 when West Forsyth was the higher seed and Butler beat them up. I was shocked at that one because I thought WF would win that game. That Butler 2013 was one my favorite teams.

As I much as I would like to say this would close game I think Butler rolls and moves on to the 3rd rd. West Forsyth does have a good program. I love that conference they are in. It’s really competitive.

I'm taking West Forsyth in the upset of the year!

West 29
Bulter 28
OT

West 29
Bulter 28
OT
interesting. If West scores 29 in a win it would be shocking. Not that West can’t win but Butler’s defense held Rolesville, Weddington, Hughes to their lowest scoring games. They held Indy and Catholic to their third lowest scoring games. In the case of Rolesville, Indy, Weddington many of those scores were due to bad special teams snaps and special team turnovers that gave them really short fields. With that being said Butler has a kicker that kicks every ball to the endzone, so the opponent will have to start from the 20 after every score which is tough.

I am interested to see what game plan they use. My game plan would be what Catholic does and really grind the game with running the ball but take time off the clock in between plays to shorten the game. It gives you a chance at the end.

Reactions: Champ_24

West 29
Bulter 28
OT
Is West RB Caman Chaplin Playing? If not, they have no chance. I'm not sure they have a shot if he is 100%. The West Defense is struggling against the pass.

Reactions: Veejay4
Brian Hales is the most tenured Coach in Charlotte area. Lots of experience as the HC & OC. Their QB is clicking on all cylinders. Not a good time for West to have injuries.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Brian Hales is the most tenured Coach in Charlotte area. Lots of experience as the HC & OC. Their QB is clicking on all cylinders. Not a good time for West to have injuries.
I am still amazed at how he calls the games and makes adjustments when they line up. The shifting they do before the ball is snapped is really fascinating to watch.

Still can't believe Butler beat Langston Highes. Butler's combo of HC/QB may be one of best in country

Langston from the Disturber says that was the biggest when in Charlotte high school football history. It has to rank high in NC football history as well.

QB Lawrence numbers are actually down compared to last season. Butler is a much better running team this season. The defense has been better than I anticipated. In hindsight holding Rollesville to 21 and Weddington to 15 is really good.

I am interested to see what game plan they use. My game plan would be what Catholic does and really grind the game with running the ball but take time off the clock in between plays to shorten the game. It gives you a chance at the end.
In my opinion, that's the game plan at least half the teams in the state should be using. It takes talent, depth, and quality assistants to run the systems that a lot of schools without talent, depth, and quality assistants try to run.

In my opinion, that's the game plan at least half the teams in the state should be using. It takes talent, depth, and quality assistants to run the systems that a lot of schools without talent, depth, and quality assistants try to run.
The second half of the Hughes game Butler really tried to sit on the lead and burn clock. They weren’t as aggressive as they normally are

I couldn’t believe how they couldn’t stop Butler’s famous wing t sweep plays. They ran that play a lot and they were struggling
Buck sweep them and misdirection them off the field.

Last edited:
That game just demonstrates how talented Charlotte-Meck schools really are when they have quality coaching. Langston Hughes have beaten top level competition. Butler is my dark horse team to win it all. Winning on that stage against a nationally rank team ON THE ROAD speaks volumes

Reactions: mpj2k8
Butler will win this by 3 scores. WF is big upfront on the OL but they run out of gas vs talented teams.

That game just demonstrates how talented Charlotte-Meck schools really are when they have quality coaching. Langston Hughes have beaten top level competition. Butler is my dark horse team to win it all. Winning on that stage against a nationally rank team ON THE ROAD speaks volumes
LOL butler is far from a dark horse..they have been one of the picks to win it all year from a lot of people.

Simmons has Butler by 12pts... I hope it's that close; but I can't see it.

I expect Butler to win but I wouldn’t be shocked if it was close until Butler pulls away. The good teams Butler played this year have all been relatively close games. West is a good team so I think it will be competitive.

It was 47-7 Butler when i left. This was the most complete game I seen them play this season which is scary considering who they have beaten this year. Chaplin did play for WF tonight

• Wow
Reactions: Champ_24
It was 47-7 Butler when i left. This was the most complete game I seen them play this season which is scary considering who they have beaten this year. Chaplin did play for WF tonight
Then they flat out dominated, sheesh!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT