ADVERTISEMENT

(Wk.3) 2-0 West Forsyth @ 2-0 Weddington

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
West Forsyth continued its revenge tour as they welcomed back star RB Caman Chaplin who missed the AC Reynolds game last week and he didn’t disappoint... 4 TD’s 255 rushing yards on 18 carries as the West Forsyth O-Line made huge holes.

Unfortunately, they‘ll be big underdogs vs. top #5 in the state Weddington. West put up 32pts on Weddington in a 49-32 loss last year during their dismal 4-7 season. West has a senior defense that is talented at linebackers and secondary. Weddington is just loaded…

Prediction: 31-21 Weddington but don’t count out the Titans, this game could be close.

Last edited:
Have to go with Weddington in this one. West Forsyth could make it interesting for a while but I think Weddington will be big favorites in this game.

How good is Weddington really? I remember them coming to Tabor a couple years ago and expecting a blowout like they did the previous year, and they got beat by two possessions. I expect Weddington to win, but with how crazy things have been lately, it may be closer than we think. I expected AC Reynolds to beat WF this year as well.

If West Forsyth's QB Burt Rice who is a 3yr starter can get the passing game untracked and play mistake free, the Titans will definitely have a chance to win. He will be the difference in a win. They have some nice WR's #7, #85 and #13 who can run after the catch.
I can't help but notice that the Titans are a very confident bunch; have an edge about them that's different than the past 2 years. The senior laden defense is ready, knowing that they must contain QB Budge and WR Jackson. The West secondary is their strength and I like those matchups.

Reactions: InfoMan25
How good is Weddington really? I remember them coming to Tabor a couple years ago and expecting a blowout like they did the previous year, and they got beat by two possessions. I expect Weddington to win, but with how crazy things have been lately, it may be closer than we think. I expected AC Reynolds to beat WF this year as well.
Really really good, had Grimsley on the ropes in the 4A West Regional championship game last year before losing late. Returned a whole lot and has good but not great talent, but great coaching.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
West Forsyth is a team you have to take seriously. With their OL and running back, they have the makings of a team that will be a problem as long as their defense holds up. Coach Wallace I think has brought a different vibe to them.

Reactions: CPC4LIFE
Was the Weddington loss to Tabor in the?COVID season?
It was the 20-21 season when Mt Tabor went undefeated in 3-A.… Weddington and Tabor were both 3-A back then. I guess Shipley got shutdown that day because Weddington only scored 10pts.

20/21 was a strange season. Lots of power house programs had star players leaving for early enrollment or sitting the season out.

I have no idea if W went through that.

You right, I see where Shipley graduated early and enrolled in Clemson Jan. of 2021.

Wow! Weddington favored by 30pts according to Simmons. I would be shocked if they won by more than 15. I still feel this could be a possible upset. A Very slim chance... but a chance. It's just something about Weddington being 4-A for only two years has more to prove to me... and blowing out other 4-A teams like that...I just don't see it. This ain't Cox Mill.

If Weddington wins that convincing (30pts) I'll be sold them; I will understand the love that everybody has for them...but right now, I don't consider them top 4 in the Charlotte area. A (4-7) West Forsyth put 32 on them last year and West is much better this year. That's just my take, most people absolutely love them(Weddington).... Win me over Weddington.

Last edited:
Really really good, had Grimsley on the ropes in the 4A West Regional championship game last year before losing late. Returned a whole lot and has good but not great talent, but great coaching.
Lost to Grimsley due to blocked extra point and blocked FG . Otherwise controlled the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT