ADVERTISEMENT

Brookshire to Tuscola? What's next for SM??

W.I.R.

Nov 30, 2014
Looks like it's all but a formality Brookshire to Tuscola...smoky has like 3 winning seasons since 1992..last conf title came in 92..good facilities..good stadium...but have been very bad to not good for basically 25 years!...can they win? Can they compete for conf titles and make 3rd round pla yoff runs..it will be interesting

As long as the next coach "understands the rivalry with"....uh...Swain....no wait, Cherokee, umm no, Cullow...nope and "CAN GET THE KIDS FIRED UP" they will continue to lose to Franklin and Pisgah and look to getting revenge against Tuscola for taking their coach.

Same demographics and enrollment as Franklin and pisgah...good facilities..just lack of continuity w coaches..inability to put together quality staff and lack of toughness and commitment have eat away over the years...some would say I'm crazy but w right coach and staff this could be a consistent winner again very easily

People said exactly same thing 17 yrs,ago about franklin..it turned into a football school..word in Franklin is Jay Brooks has stepped down as AD...MMMM could that mean another domino bout to fall

I would take Jay Brooks in Waynesville over a 38% winning percentage coach. Much better job than Smoky too.

Just guessing but josh and jay are package deal if they ever leave..neither ever contacted by Tuscola..woulda been good fit imo had intrest been mutual
...sounds like tuscola was set on Brookshire from very beginning

That is a beyond embarrassing hire if that is the case. I guess the last Coach they hired with a losing record taught them nothing. He has won nowhere and he won't win at Tuscola either. No offense WIR, I hope you are wrong.

Been following high school sports for 40 years in Wnc...remember when Tuscola Sylva Webster used to open every season to a packed house..
Franklin used to be laughing stock of all wnc
..woody fish was a disaster at pisgah...
Rosman upsets Burlington Cummings as a16 seed...

Many many schools in wnc are just alike...coaching commitment and support separate the winners from the losers...

Reactions: wolfbanker
W.I.R., you sound knowledgable. Almost sound like a Smoky fan, turned Franklin fan, that may turn back to a Smoky fan real soon.

Pisgah is to Franklin what tuscola is to Pisgah
#littlebrother
#whipping boy

Pisgah and Tuscola are rivals, and have been for over 50 years. I am sure Waynesville Township and Canton High Schools were before the new schools were created. At times the rivalry was pretty lopsided. It started 7-0 in Pisgah's favor the first 7 years. Then in the 80's Tuscola went on a streak and tipped it in their favor. They are in the same county, and it doesn't matter what the sport, there is no love lost between the two. For a number of years Pisgah played Asheville High and lost. They were never rivals. Just because Pisgah has lost to Franklin several times, that does not make them rivals. Franklin wants and needs a rival, but it's not Pisgah and never will be. I've heard Smoky Mountain's Coach Brookshire is a good, smart coach but the level of talent he needs is just not there yet like at Franklin. MaxPreps considers Smoky and Franklin to be rivals. Maybe one of these days the games will live up to that. Every school needs a good rival or two. Pisgah only has one, Tuscola only has one, and that's the way it will always be. You may say "Yeah, but look how many Franklin has won," and I'll say "okay" but stirring the pot on here accomplishes nothing. My post will probably accomplish nothing. But that's okay because Franklin is #NOT OUR RIVAL and they wouldn't be if the series was anywhere close to tied. A series that didn't really exist till 9 years ago...

Reactions: 91ths
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT