ADVERTISEMENT

MAC 4A/3A Week 3 Predictions

Titanman27

Sep 4, 2019
AC Reynolds @ East Forsyth

The gauntlet continues for Reynolds. East Forsyth will be the best team played to date by a good margin led by UNC commit Bryce Baker.

East Forsyth 35
Reynolds 14

Lake Norman @ Asheville

Interesting game. Asheville should look better here than last week against powerhouse Providence. Lake Norman doesn't score much but also plays good defense.

Lake Norman 20
Asheville 13

Enka @ Rosman

Rosman may keep this one close for a while. Enka got thoroughly dismantled by Pisgah.

Enka 35
Rosman 20

Brevard @ Erwin

Tough loss last week for the Warriors. Brevard is 0-2 but has played 2 good teams. This will be a close game, edge to the home team.

Erwin 28
Brevard 21

Tuscola @ McDowell

Tough season for the Titans. Tuscola should win pretty easily.

Tuscola 34
McDowell 14

Madison @ North Buncombe

North Buncombe is really about to go 3-0 after losing 18 in a row.

North Buncombe 34
Madison 13

TC Roberson @ Smoky Mtn

TC played Watauga very tough in week 1 and destroyed East Rutherford. I think they can finish 2nd this year in the MAC with Asheville seemingly down.

Roberson 35
Smoky Mtn 20

My predictions for the week, let’s see if I can run the table two weeks in a row.

East Forsyth- Man what a preseason schedule for AC. They will be battle tested for conference and the playoffs. But, this week to much EF for the Fairview boys

Asheville- Game of the week in my opinion if you’re just wanting to watch a competitive game. I think Asheville at home finds a way to squeeze this one out in a tight one.

Enka-maybe their last win of the year. They weren’t ever in the game last week. Gonna be a
long year for the Jets they need this one.

Brevard- Tough start for the Blue Devils against two sold teams. I think they get enough stops to edge this one out for their first win. If your not going to Asheville I think this is easily the next best MAC game this week, could easily go Erwin’s way especially if Brevard is hanging it’s head about the first few weeks.

Tuscola- Crompton gets his 2nd win and gets a lot of guys playing time.

NB-Good for them stringing together some wins. Hopefully it’s built some confidence for those guys. Schedule gets a lot tougher from here on out.

TC- as I said last week my dark horse for second in the MAC. I think the talent is there the challenge for this team is going to be not to get comfortable while winning and being consistent as teams learn how good they are. Winning while being the hunted is a lot different than winning when you’re hunting. I think SM gives them a nice little test but they pull away after half.

Game of interest for me in this one is Asheville vs Lake Norman. I believe it will be close one on way or the other. Should be a good one.
Good to see North Buncombe on the rebound.

Well here goes nothing…..

If we were 100% healthy I think we could be there in the end but all the injuries I think EF will win. However I LOVE is playing these types of teams, we won’t see anyone better then EF all the way thru the playoffs, and Asheville can say the same thing about playing Providence Day last week!

I’ll take Asheville by a couple TD’s

Enka should win easily this week

I got Erwin at home in a nail biter

Tuscola wins easily, poor ole McDowell I really can’t believe a 1 school county can’t be better with the amount of kids they have.

North Buncombe will be 3-0!!! Been awhile since that happened, but reality is right around the corner I’m afraid.

TCR will easily handle SM, for what it’s worth ACR handled them 33-7 in a half in a scrimmage, I can see TCRdoing the same thing.

No one has said this but it’s very possible ACR/Asheville/TCR finish all tied for first with one conference loss, especially if ACR doesn’t get healthy.

I think Asheville will see what kind of team they have facing a 2-0 LN. First game they had multiple injuries and were fortunate to win. Last week was just a mismatch but hopefully lessons were learned. We'll see.

I think Asheville will see what kind of team they have facing a 2-0 LN. First game they had multiple injuries and were fortunate to win. Last week was just a mismatch but hopefully lessons were learned. We'll see.
Asheville wins easily

We have been a disgrace in football since 2014. It’s sickening. Absolutely sickening.

There are team rules and if you don't follow them you don't play.. it's that simple. Hurt us tonight for sure
Hate to hear that! Still time to right the ship, played a pretty tough schedule so far and you guys are still Asheville. Hopefully better days ahead for you all. Looks like the MAC overall might be down a bit with exceptions of AC and TC. Where do those two meet this year? I just can’t see TC pulling off that upset but if it’s in Arden they might make it interesting if AC can’t get healthy.

You don’t know Asheville high football if you think making the playoffs is a big deal. Having a team almost gets you into the playoffs now

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
You are correct..this isn't the Asheville football of yesteryear. I just don't think you realize how far the program had fallen before the last 3 years. Consecutive playoffs and a conference championship is hopefully a harbinger of future success

You are correct..this isn't the Asheville football of yesteryear. I just don't think you realize how far the program had fallen before the last 3 years. Consecutive playoffs and a conference championship is hopefully a harbinger of future success
Watched Asheville middle a few weeks ago in a scrimmage and they looked to be loaded. If they can get all those kids to Asheville high future should be bright!

I think its not the old Asheville for sure. Christ School has hurt them recently. I think the team they would have had if the Qb hadnt went to Christ School would have made a nice run. They were really good on D that year. Does seem like they have underperformed so far this year, but they may get it turned around.

Reactions: VeerAndShoot
Watched Asheville middle a few weeks ago in a scrimmage and they looked to be loaded. If they can get all those kids to Asheville high future should be bright!
Our middle school has probably won 95 percent of their games the past 10 years and we’ve been terrible at ahs for 10 years

Our middle school has probably won 95 percent of their games the past 10 years and we’ve been terrible at ahs for 10 years
And the top 3 players from last years middle school team do not attend Asheville High. 2 went to private schools and 1 went to TC

In middle school you play local schools. Outside of your conference that has to play you, teams from WNC wont play Asheville or ACR. They have to go to Lake Norman, E Forsyth, etc... to get games. Asheville has generally still won all their conference games except ACR. When they play off the mountain, well thats a whole different ball of wax.

And the top 3 players from last years middle school team do not attend Asheville High. 2 went to private schools and 1 went to TC
Main issue right here, It’s an issue in a lot of places in the state. But, if all the kids that were supposed to go to AHS actually attended, it would be the Cougars of old. Between private and charter schools and kids spreading out between 3-4 high schools this is what is happening. It’s been happening in Asheville for a while but it’s spreading/becoming more common now. I’m not crazy about it but sign of the times.

And the guy who has scored all of our touchdowns this season played for another school last year. We have a D1 commit who transferred in from Washington state that is an NFL linebacker size. We have one of the best safeties/linebacker recruits in North Carolina. Our problem isn’t skill guys like these it’s not that we are losing recently… It’s how bad we are getting our ass kicked with that much talent.

And the guy who has scored all of our touchdowns this season played for another school last year. We have a D1 commit who transferred in from Washington state that is an NFL linebacker size. We have one of the best safeties/linebacker recruits in North Carolina. Our problem isn’t skill guys like these it’s not that we are losing recently… It’s how bad we are getting our ass kicked with that much talent.
Ellis has arguably been your best player all season.

Ellis has arguably been your best player all season.
True that...and maybe our best kid on the team as well. You guys did a good job raising him. I understand how we get on here and say "what's wrong with a team". We'll, there are dynamics at play that affect performance that we know nothing about. Also, Leonard..Crezdon..Johnny..Kareem and a host of others are not in the building right now. Shoot, even 2 years ago Micah and Otis are not there. Those two didn't continue college ball and they are head and shoulders better than what we have now. But this is high school ball and you do the very best you can with what you got.

Asheville has a very good coach, things will get better, I mean they have played a difficult schedule. Let's not give up on them just yet.

We’ve been saying “things will get better” since 2015 lol.

99 state championship appearance
02 4th round
03 4th round
04 4th round
05 state champs
07 4th round
09 top 5 team in 3A
11 top 5 team in 3A
14 top 5 team in 3A

Since then….. “well we won a playoff game”

We’ve been saying “things will get better” since 2015 lol.

99 state championship appearance
02 4th round
03 4th round
04 4th round
05 state champs
07 4th round
09 top 5 team in 3A
11 top 5 team in 3A
14 top 5 team in 3A

Since then….. “well we won a playoff game”
Very impressive run in 3A

ADVERTISEMENT