Last edited:
Reagan (38-14)
Hough (48-13)
ACR (35-7)
West Henderson (49-6)
Pisgah (31-13)
Hibriten (34-28)
Kings Mountain (42-0)

You could make a good case that Hough is the best team in the state of NC…. And we deserve to have to play there after having one of the worst seasons in decades. Hough 70-7

I blame all the people moving there making all the blue collar familys go else where which is ironic since theres probably more construction and plant jobs there than anywhere else in the mountains

The demographics of Asheville are changing fast. As someone who has worked in the city for years it's amazing how quickly it has changed. Poor and middle class people can't afford to live in most of Asheville other than the projects. There are people who have lived in the city 50 years that used to pay $200 in property taxes 25 years ago that are paying $2,500 or more a year now.

• Wow
Reactions: beamer24 and mhhs94
I would argue that is happening in several mountain towns-especially those where the mills have closed. They are becoming retirement and tourist destinations. It happened in Waynesville, and they have been up and down ever since. It happened in Brevard although the seem to have righted the ship recently, etc....

Reactions: mhhs94
The cost of living and demographics are working pretty well for Reynolds somehow though 4 miles away from Asheville high. We have 2-3 d1 players, Reynolds has 1 to my knowledge and he hasn’t played all year. We have more players to choose from than we ever have being 4A now as opposed to 3a and somehow we’ve gotten worse.

The cost of living and demographics are working pretty well for Reynolds somehow though 4 miles away from Asheville high. We have 2-3 d1 players, Reynolds has 1 to my knowledge and he hasn’t played all year. We have more players to choose from than we ever have being 4A now as opposed to 3a and somehow we’ve gotten worse.
WNC as a whole is changing, we all see that but the actual CITY of Asheville is the epicenter of a different type of crowd and I don’t think football is their priority.

That epicenter is getting larger no doubt. The next 10 years are going to be mind-boggling at what happens in the Asheville- metro as if the last decade wasn’t.

Reactions: AhsCougar1
Can't argue with worse because the record is what it is...and maybe more kids (SILSA) but definitely not more players. We are down to 4th string on defense right now in some positions. Accountability and program rules has resulted in some key individuals not being a part anymore and I don't think you plan on that when you set up the schedule we had. Tonight will be ugly.

Can't argue with worse because the record is what it is...and maybe more kids (SILSA) but definitely not more players. We are down to 4th string on defense right now in some positions. Accountability and program rules has resulted in some key individuals not being a part anymore and I don't think you plan on that when you set up the schedule we had. Tonight will be ugly.
I think Christ school has changed it too. I knew we were in trouble week 1 when we were lucky to beat tuscola

I think Christ school has changed it too. I knew we were in trouble week 1 when we were lucky to beat tuscola
Possibly...but we did have 5 starters out that game...then we ran the gauntlet of PD, LN and DB...the eye opening game for me was Erwin. After that close call I pretty much knew we had nothing for AC and TCR

We lost 3 players to transfer also over the summer. One to Providence Day, his brother went to Myers Park, and another kid to Asheville School. The Asheville school transfer has a brother at ACR who starts as a freshman and leads the team in INT’s, hope we don’t lose him!

We lost 3 players to transfer also over the summer. One to Providence Day, his brother went to Myers Park, and another kid to Asheville School. The Asheville school transfer has a brother at ACR who starts as a freshman and leads the team in INT’s, hope we don’t lose him!
West lost a 6'4 225lb DE to Christ School this off season. If only he were still playing for the Falcons.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT