Polk @ West Henderson
Tuscola @ McDowell
Franklin @ Swain
East Henderson @ Hendersonville

Who ya got?

Last edited:
My personal picks:

Hampton (TN) @ Pisgah

- I know nothing about Hampton so give me Pisgah.

North Henderson @ Owen

- I’m not sold on North yet. They play an insanely weak non-conference slate, we’ll see how they really are when conference opens up.

TC Roberson @ Smoky Mountain

- Good matchup, I’m going with TC.

Polk @ West Henderson

- This should tell us more about the M7 a week after Tuscola narrowly escaped Polk.

Tuscola @ McDowell

- Tuscola rolls.

Franklin @ Swain

- Franklin goes 0-3 against the SMC.

East Henderson @ Hendersonville

- Hendersonville is not as bad as they appear and they have the pieces to string together a respectable season. Get right game for the Bearcats.

The Pisgah Hampton has my interest. Hampton want be flashy. They have about 400 kids in the school. Made it to the state championship game in 2a 2 years ago. Won states in basketball last year. One of their best kids got hurt 1st game of the year. They will play really hard and be sound on Defense. They have a pretty good QB. Want talk any trash they will be there just to play ball. Mike Lunsford Jr is their coach and his dad Sr was a really good coach before he hung it up.

Last edited:
Reactions: wncbowhunter
The Pisgah Hampton has my interest. Hampton want be flashy. They have about 400 kids in the school. Made it to the state championship game in 2a 2 years ago. Won states in basketball last year. One of their best kids got hurt 1st game of the year. They will play really hard and be sound on Defense. They have a pretty good QB. Want talk any trash they will be there just to play ball. Mike Lunsford Jr is their coach and his dad Sr was a really good coach before he hung it up.
Thanks for the info!

Let’s see if I can pull off another perfect week
Pisgah
NH
TC
WH
Tuscola
Swain
Hendersonville

Another pretty boring week for MTN 7. If you’re just looking to see a competitive game your best bet is probably West-Polk but I don’t think it stays that close after halftime.

I think TC shows people they are for real this week against SM

Pisgah-Hampton could be a question mark but I think Pisgah is hard to beat this year at home, riding a lot of emotion in front of big crowds in the teams first year back.

Everything else is a blow out unless Hendersonville is really just that bad.

Hampton (TN) @ Pisgah (Pisgah)
North Henderson @ Owen (North)
TC Roberson @ Smoky Mountain (Smoky)
Polk @ West Henderson (West)
Tuscola @ McDowell (Tuscola)
Franklin @ Swain (Swain)
East Henderson @ Hendersonville (Hendersonville)

No typo.
West Henderson scored right as time expired for the 1st half.
Second string played the entire 2nd half with a running clock

Polk completely out manned vs west could have been worse forced 2 west turnovers in first half but just flat out couldn't move the ball on offense West is way way better than Tuscola it's not even close

Reactions: Mopar forever
You also have to keep in mind most of polks defense is freshmen and sophomores it was a rough learning experience tonight

Lots of lopsided scores across the conference again this week, not been to hard to make predictions. Looks like WH is the class of the conference right now, with Pisgah maybe having a punchers chance. Think Tuscola will keep getting better under Crompton but the Asheville game hype may have been a little premature. Asheville has struggled the last few weeks (in their defense they have played two really good teams) but right now looks like October 6th is the date to circle. Be tough to come out of Mills River with a win but as of right now it looks like Pisgah is the only team with any chance and I’m not sure how good of a chance we have

Last edited:
I'm honestly going to be excited to watch Tuscola and West. I don't think it's going to be as lopsided as most people are saying.

I do think West has the most talent in the conference but on Friday night anything can happen..

I hate to say it but Pisgah putting up big numbers offensively is intriguing.

I'm honestly going to be excited to watch Tuscola and West. I don't think it's going to be as lopsided as most people are saying.

I do think West has the most talent in the conference but on Friday night anything can happen..

They are putting up those numbers because they have played NO ONE. Who’s next Hayesville? LOL And they gave us crap last year over our schedule.

You're spot on, this should be a dandy one. You have two teams that the coaches know a lot about their opponent. Push, pull, grind, and get it are how it should play out if both teams can stay healthy that long. I hope to see this one.
Pisgah hasn't had a real test yet.

Reactions: 91ths
They are putting up those numbers because they have played NO ONE. Who’s next Hayesville? LOL And they gave us crap last year over our schedule.
Lol says a team who’s current claim to fame is staying close in a game against a one win team- you were tied with McDowell at half time last night. Brevard will handle Polk, don’t act like you’ve played Reynolds schedule.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Lol says a team who’s current claim to fame is staying close in a game against a one win team- you were tied with McDowell at half time last night. Brevard will handle Polk, don’t act like you’ve played Reynolds schedule.
Says a guy who’s team has played no one and saying you are gonna hang with west? LOL clown

Says a guy who’s team has played no one and saying you are gonna hang with west? LOL clown
nope clearly said that west is the class of the conference it would take them having a real off game…that was a great comeback man, who have you played? Your schedule is just as poor…you do have a tougher game next Friday tho and you’ll be 2-2 this time next week. Hey the good news is your new coach has the student body excited enough that they are going to watch your games and not following Pisgah around to away games to cheer against them 😂

West 60
Pisgah 3
LOL. There is an early prediction for you.
So who’s next? Hayesville? Who is after that ? Bethel middle? LMMFAO

• Haha
West 60
Pisgah 3
Instead of worrying about Pisgah I believe i would be worried about Swain.
As for West until someone beats them they are number one in conference.

West 60
Pisgah 3
You may very well be right! Yep Hayesville and then into conference play. It’s pretty funny that you can’t talk about your own team…transfer QB didn’t save the day?

It’s West, Pisgah/Tuscola/Smoky are about the same, then everyone else. This week’s Tuscola/Swain game will be very telling. Pisgah isn’t tested until conference starts in a couple weeks. Smoky’s non conference schedule is brutal. North may can be thrown in that second tier as well. West is definitely the team to beat though.

Reactions: bearfan4life
It’s West, Pisgah/Tuscola/Smoky are about the same, then everyone else. This week’s Tuscola/Swain game will be very telling. Pisgah isn’t tested until conference starts in a couple weeks. Smoky’s non conference schedule is brutal. North may can be thrown in that second tier as well. West is definitely the team to beat though.
I’m personally not sold on North yet. Rosman and Owen might be the worst teams in the mountains.

West 60
Pisgah 3
Hayesville is 3-0 and has a very solid team, especially with Pisgah have to come over the mountain, at a minimum the Yellow Jackets are going to give them a game.

Agreed. They looked much improved on that side of the ball from last week against Hendersonville. I kinda lost count on how many sacks and tackles were made in the backfield.
West is simply playing out of this world defensively right now.….

Agreed. They looked much improved on that side of the ball from last week against Hendersonville. I kinda lost count on how many sacks and tackles were made in the backfield.
Improved from Hendersonville? West only gave up 48 total yards to Hendersonville. Ha.

Reactions: VeerAndShoot
Hayesville is 3-0 and has a very solid team, especially with Pisgah have to come over the mountain, at a minimum the Yellow Jackets are going to give them a game.
Pay no attention to that guy, I’m looking forward to the trip and I know several from canton that are. Hoping for a good crowd and a good game, here Hayesville has a really good linebacker who’s got a shot at the shrine bowl.

They played Cherokee and Swain, I get swain is always solid but much like Pisgahs own pre season that’s not exactly murders row for any 3A team
And I think this costs Pisgah in the long run.. I've never been a fan of scheduling teams that literally have zero chance of winning. It's non conference need at least two games that are battles.

I would rather lose a battle than destroy a cupcake.

They played Cherokee and Swain, I get swain is always solid but much like Pisgahs own pre season that’s not exactly murders row for any 3A team
And TC? And Murphy? Where do they stack up with Enka, Hampton and Hayesville? Or THS’s schedule of Polk and McDowell? Swain is better than solid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT