ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain 7 - Week 8

DixieTN

Apr 30, 2014
All the conference matchups are in Henderson County this week. Who ya got?

Pisgah @ West Henderson
Tuscola @ East Henderson
Franklin @ North Henderson

Smoky - Bye

West Hendo - By more than the experts think.

Tuscola - Big. The ‘neers take out some frustration on the downtrodden this week.

N. Henderson - A toss up game IMO. Giving the edge to the home team here. Although, playing at NH is not near the advantage that “The Pit” is.

Pisgah, yah I'm a Homer.
Tuscola, yuk that tasted so bad.
N.Hendo,, interesting game.

I’m a homer usually but I’m gonna have to go West by 10. Something like 24-14. Either way this one is for all the marbles, these two have separated from the rest of the conference with SM being 3rd best team. However, weirdly enough i think there is still a lot we don’t know about both teams. For the most part WH has scorched everyone and put up tons of points. Pisgah has gave up most of their points in garbage time. Oddly enough Pisgah might have the most impressive win out of the two vs. Brevard but that’s debatable. I can see Pisgahs D getting enough stops but not sure they can move the ball on WHs defense. Hopefully the bears make me eat crow

Tuscola- in the battle to not finish last little t gets the last win of their year. I don’t think there’s anyway they can mess this one up. JVs should get some time

North- Franklin is improving but I don’t think they get this one on the road. If NH throws the ball im just not sure Franklin can get enough stops. Could be a high scoring game. But I agree interesting match up and I think I might change my prediction if it was at the pit

West.. by more than people think. This might ass a little underdog fuel to the fire but their offense is second to none.

Franklin over North but a slim one.

Tuscola wins easily this week. Don't shoot the messenger but the Big T is rumored to be coming out in the wishbone double te set running it 100% of the time. Defense has switched to a 5-3 front. 1995 here we come!

Congratulations to West just the better team. Will be a tough out in Mills River. Bears got no time to hang their heads, sometimes you just tip the cap.

Reactions: PisgahBear9975
Congratulations to West just the better team. Will be a tough out in Mills River. Bears got no time to hang their heads, sometimes you just tip the cap.
Really surprised that the West home side was only 2/3 full. JMO, With the team they have, it should have been standing room only.

It was totally packed out…. But not at the very end at the score board side.. that’s where I sat because there was no other spots. I thought it was totally full so I walked to the pisgah side and seen that end was empty so I walked back over so I didn’t have to sit behind the pisgah pop up tent 😂

It was totally packed out…. But not at the very end at the score board side.. that’s where I sat because there was no other spots. I thought it was totally full so I walked to the pisgah side and seen that end was empty so I walked back over so I didn’t have to sit behind the pisgah pop up tent 😂
That little area never gets full because it’s an awkward area to get to. No gate on that side, no easy path to it. Gotta cross the press box, the student section and band to get over there. lol

Did we see the same stadium? That place was packed tonight.
Again, JMO Maybe it was 3/4 full, but definitely not packed. Several rows behind the student section, and the section left of the press box were no where full. the section to the right of the press box was packed for sure. Great win for the the Falcons, hope you go far in the playoffs. 😁

Again, JMO Maybe it was 3/4 full, but definitely not packed. Several rows behind the student section, and the section left of the press box were no where full. the section to the right of the press box was packed for sure. Great win for the the Falcons, hope you go far in the playoffs. 😁
It was pretty packed I do know the area you’re speaking of, I’ve never seen anyone sit in that area from West. I’m not an expert on the stadium so not sure why. But they pretty much filled it. Little room in the student section and then those lower seats on the scoreboard end of the West side, which I think is what your speaking of, at least that’s what I noticed and as I said never seen anyone sit in that area but still a really good crowd.

Reactions: PisgahBear9975
It was pretty packed I do know the area you’re speaking of, I’ve never seen anyone sit in that area from West. I’m not an expert on the stadium so not sure why. But they pretty much filled it. Little room in the student section and then those lower seats on the scoreboard end of the West side, which I think is what your speaking of, at least that’s what I noticed and as I said never seen anyone sit in that area but still a really good crowd.
Really not dissing West, just my observations from afar. It was great to see all of the fans that were there for both teams.

Really not dissing West, just my observations from afar. It was great to see all of the fans that were there for both teams.
Oh I understand man, like I said I know that one section there is always sorta bare. And West Henderson fans have always been very polite to be around, only ever met good people from West. They got a heck of a team. Hopefully next year they all come back the visitors side in Canton

Years ago the gate on that scoreboard side was used at every game. Back in the late 80s when they added to two large concrete sections to seat more fans… they stopped using the gate on that side for some reason…. Idk??
We appreciate you guys making the trip and helping to pack it out. After the first drives from both teams I was expecting it to be long slow battle in the trenches and a 2-3 yard at a time kind of game. I do believe that West is balanced on offense this year more so than last year and have multiple players that play their positions very well. Defense is a tad better this year all the way around.
Gotta stop committing dumb penalties on drives though from here on out. Way too many tonight….
Pisgah will always be Pisgah and the Bears played a tough game tonight. I can see why their defense has held people to low scoring all season. Hopefully they stay healthy and continue playing well. Good luck to the Bears from here on out and especially next Friday!!

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
A good solid win by North Henderson tonight but I’m still not getting why so many people keep picking Franklin to win games. They beat East (probably the worst team in WNC) and they beat Tuscola (not sure what happened there).

Otherwise, the 31-10 loss tonight is their closest game. I’m not trying to knock them but I don’t get why virtually every week they get picked by people to win despite not being within 20 points in any of their losses.

Just wondering if it’s because they’re usually pretty good or something like that.

A good solid win by North Henderson tonight but I’m still not getting why so many people keep picking Franklin to win games. They beat East (probably the worst team in WNC) and they beat Tuscola (not sure what happened there).

Otherwise, the 31-10 loss tonight is their closest game. I’m not trying to knock them but I don’t get why virtually every week they get picked by people to win despite not being within 20 points in any of their losses.

Just wondering if it’s because they’re usually pretty good or something like that.
Oh My God Reaction GIF by GritTV

You’re not from around here are ya son.

Being a Panther fan, I'll give it a shot. Probably a combo of several things....Past history suggests that we're usually one of the better teams in the conference. Preseason predictions that had us 3rd or 4th. People forgetting about our injuries & youth. In any usual year you'd pick us over North. Just a really tough year for the Panthers, our lines on both sides of the ball are not what they usually are. We have help coming up in the next few years so we should be able to right the ship!

Reactions: jumbob
Oh My God Reaction GIF by GritTV

You’re not from around here are ya son.
Born here 53 years ago, still here. Not sure what that has to do with thinking a down team is suddenly going to be good each week. Now, do you have anything of substance to add or was that all you had?

Being a Panther fan, I'll give it a shot. Probably a combo of several things....Past history suggests that we're usually one of the better teams in the conference. Preseason predictions that had us 3rd or 4th. People forgetting about our injuries & youth. In any usual year you'd pick us over North. Just a really tough year for the Panthers, our lines on both sides of the ball are not what they usually are. We have help coming up in the next few years so we should be able to right the ship!
The fantastic coaches you have play a big part in it as well. Quality men that do a great job with the Panthers year in and year out.

OK, that’s what I was wondering and even mentioned it. If it had been 1 or 2 posters I wouldn’t have thought twice, but based on what both teams have done this year I thought North should have been the clear choice but weren’t.

Thanks for the solid reply on what I thought to be an odd evaluation of team capabilities.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
Born here 53 years ago, still here. Not sure what that has to do with thinking a down team is suddenly going to be good each week. Now, do you have anything of substance to add or was that all you had?
Just a John Wayne joke man, but Franklin has been good for a long time. Several teams with only one or two losses for the year. They beat everybody in the area for what seamed like an eternity. I still remember Jeremiah Young running over Pisgah linebackers while dragging Pisgah defensive lineman down the sideline. Franklin’s “Pit” is one of the toughest places to play regardless of year or record. If you’ve been watching WNC football for the last few decades you should see the humor in your question of asking if people pick them” because they’re usually goo or something like that.”

Just a John Wayne joke man, but Franklin has been good for a long time. Several teams with only one or two losses for the year. They beat everybody in the area for what seamed like an eternity. I still remember Jeremiah Young running over Pisgah linebackers while dragging Pisgah defensive lineman down the sideline. Franklin’s “Pit” is one of the toughest places to play regardless of year or record. If you’ve been watching WNC football for the last few decades you should see the humor in your question of asking if people pick them” because they’re usually goo or something like that.”
Wait till you see his nephew in a year or two. Might not be as big but you can't deny those genes.

Skilly has a point too: the Brooks' do well with good talent, but can also get the blood out of a turnip. While notable exceptions of games we should have won do exist, Franklin doesn't beat themselves usually.

I was looking for clarification because my mind doesn’t work that way. Team A is good for several years and then gets drubbed weekly for a couple of months, my mind doesn’t think they’re suddenly going to be good again next week (I tend to figure they just aren’t good this particular year). Yet that phenomenon has taken place all season with Franklin and I found it curious.

I was looking for clarification because my mind doesn’t work that way. Team A is good for several years and then gets drubbed weekly for a couple of months, my mind doesn’t think they’re suddenly going to be good again next week (I tend to figure they just aren’t good this particular year). Yet that phenomenon has taken place all season with Franklin and I found it curious.
I agree with you. I fully expect Smoky to dictate the game tonight in almost every facet. The score won’t be high, imo because the mustangs aren’t built for that but I think they’ll slowly move up and down the field most of the night and Franklin will not be that consistent doing it. The Franklin win over Tuscola told more about Tuscola than Franklin to me.

Reactions: jumbob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT