ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain 7 - Week 3

And I think this costs Pisgah in the long run.. I've never been a fan of scheduling teams that literally have zero chance of winning. It's non conference need at least two games that are battles.

I would rather lose a battle than destroy a cupcake.
Agreed had a conversation on another thread about that same thing with a Reynolds fan

Agreed had a conversation on another thread about that same thing with a Reynolds fan
I will say Hampton is usually a pretty solid team. Past 2 years they have graduated some solid players. 4 down stops were big for Pisgah. My brother in law was at the game. Here is his article and pics from the game

I will say Hampton is usually a pretty solid team. Past 2 years they have graduated some solid players. 4 down stops were big for Pisgah. My brother in law was at the game. Here is his article and pics from the game

Pisgah’s D is always very good. Their play calling on O is questionable at best. When they put up 40 on a decent team, it may change my mind.

Reactions: f-ball-ace
And TC? And Murphy? Where do they stack up with Enka, Hampton and Hayesville? Or THS’s schedule of Polk and McDowell? Swain is better than solid.
Did you not read my post? I said our preseason schedule is very light, I’d rather have scheduled a tougher schedule. I’ve also said TC is legit this year saw it in a scrimmage. Murphy and Swain are both always solid, but it’s a 3A team playing 1A teams. Are they good 1A teams capable of beating a lot of teams? Yes. They probably play in the toughest 1A conference too to bottom in the state. It’s also cost efficient for you guys, and those teams bc even in the away games it’s a pretty easy trip. It’s a tough WNC preseason. And in fairness it’s hard to find solid games for non conference in WNC for the most part especially as it appears the MAC is down besides Reynolds and TC. A lot of teams or schools can’t afford to do what Reynolds has with travel to bigger name schools. So I didn’t mean it as a slight, even though it does read that way. Pisgahs non conference with the exception of Brevard has been pitiful (maybe Hayesville has more than i know about but again it’s a 1A team we should beat) is SMs preseason schedule tougher? Absolutely bc Swain and Murphy traditionally have too much for Hayesville and TC beats Brevard pretty easily this year IMO. Hampton I’m told went to state a few years back in 2A (would be 1A in NC i believe) but seem to be rebuilding or having a down year. I like seeing new teams so i won’t say much about that game. Our week 2 opponent that we play EVERY year is who I’d like to drop. But, they fill the stands and it’s good money for both teams so I don’t see it happening. Either way for any school it’s not like the kids have a choice on who they do and don’t play. They play who’s on the schedule. I’ll agree with the THS poster above (something I rarely do lol) you need two test at least and I think we only got one in Brevard who i do think wins their conference (just not a strong conference this year either) but it wasn’t one of the best Brevard teams I’ve ever seen. The good news for Pisgah is I feel a lot of teams have pretty weak non conference this year. Hendersonville being down really hurt NH’s non conference and to an extent WHs too but WH still had Polk who I’m still not sure about but maybe ok? Still lots of question marks in WNC about how good some teams are. Including the bears. We will all know soon enough as weeks roll by.

Pisgah’s D is always very good. Their play calling on O is questionable at best. When they put up 40 on a decent team, it may change my mind.
I’m not sure how many solid teams they are gonna see. Even in conference I think WH is team to beat obviously and they won’t put 40 on them. SM? I think is solid but is trying to find their identity with the departure of QB kinda put them in a bad spot but I think they will be ok. Franklin is down, EH might be the worst team in WNC. I’m not sure how I feel about NH yet I think they are improved but I don’t know by how much. Tuscola? I think they get better as the year goes on but if you’re from Haywood county you know usually stats don’t really matter in that game. A lot of weird things happen in that game we could score 40 or we may not score. I’ll say I think our offense is average not the best one I’ve ever seen in Canton and not the worst. Don’t have a guy that’s a real mismatch for other teams likes some taller Wrs we have had in the past but probably have more depth than we have had in some years past. So I’ll just go with average

Did you not read my post? I said our preseason schedule is very light, I’d rather have scheduled a tougher schedule. I’ve also said TC is legit this year saw it in a scrimmage. Murphy and Swain are both always solid, but it’s a 3A team playing 1A teams. Are they good 1A teams capable of beating a lot of teams? Yes. They probably play in the toughest 1A conference too to bottom in the state. It’s also cost efficient for you guys, and those teams bc even in the away games it’s a pretty easy trip. It’s a tough WNC preseason. And in fairness it’s hard to find solid games for non conference in WNC for the most part especially as it appears the MAC is down besides Reynolds and TC. A lot of teams or schools can’t afford to do what Reynolds has with travel to bigger name schools. So I didn’t mean it as a slight, even though it does read that way. Pisgahs non conference with the exception of Brevard has been pitiful (maybe Hayesville has more than i know about but again it’s a 1A team we should beat) is SMs preseason schedule tougher? Absolutely bc Swain and Murphy traditionally have too much for Hayesville and TC beats Brevard pretty easily this year IMO. Hampton I’m told went to state a few years back in 2A (would be 1A in NC i believe) but seem to be rebuilding or having a down year. I like seeing new teams so i won’t say much about that game. Our week 2 opponent that we play EVERY year is who I’d like to drop. But, they fill the stands and it’s good money for both teams so I don’t see it happening. Either way for any school it’s not like the kids have a choice on who they do and don’t play. They play who’s on the schedule. I’ll agree with the THS poster above (something I rarely do lol) you need two test at least and I think we only got one in Brevard who i do think wins their conference (just not a strong conference this year either) but it wasn’t one of the best Brevard teams I’ve ever seen. The good news for Pisgah is I feel a lot of teams have pretty weak non conference this year. Hendersonville being down really hurt NH’s non conference and to an extent WHs too but WH still had Polk who I’m still not sure about but maybe ok? Still lots of question marks in WNC about how good some teams are. Including the bears. We will all know soon enough as weeks roll by.
Hampton did go to state championships game 2 years ago. Had a really good team. Got beat by Alabama commit then Ty Simpson who was a 5 star QB. There best player got hurt 1st game of the year. Don’t think it would of mattered much Pisgah was the better team.

If your a Hampton fan or your brother in law is I’d like to say I thought they played really really hard. Never hung their heads and played the game the right way. They are efficient at what they do. 12 and 16? I believe where the numbers could play for me on any team. Both were really tough. Look forward to making the trip to Hampton next year God willing. Good luck to them the rest of the year.

Reactions: Appvol
If your a Hampton fan or your brother in law is I’d like to say I thought they played really really hard. Never hung their heads and played the game the right way. They are efficient at what they do. 12 and 16? I believe where the numbers could play for me on any team. Both were really tough. Look forward to making the trip to Hampton next year God willing. Good luck to them the rest of the year.
I actually live in Avery Co right on the state line. My brother in law went to Cloudland. He started his website covers County games, ETSU and Tennessee games. He has press passes for Tennessee home games and occasionally will go to some away games

West cracked the HSOT Statewide Top 25 this morning, the only mountain team to make the list. We're gonna find out soon enough how good the Falcons really are.

West has not played any team with speed. First team they face in playoffs with speed they are done. Reynolds is only team in wnc with any team speed

• Haha
Reactions: DixieTN
West has not played any team with speed. First team they face in playoffs with speed they are done. Reynolds is only team in wnc with any team speed
Done you say? Like last year with West Rowan or North Davidson? Look, if you don’t know anything about West then just say so.

Bro, them falcons are pretty fast in some spots. The RB is quick, “Mr. Leading returning WR in NC” ain’t slow. Pretty sure one of the other receivers won the 100m state hurdles in track. And the Defence runs through, past, or over people like shit through a goose, to steal a Patton quote. They might not be Reynolds but they damn sure ain’t slow. Comments of this level of intelligence are usually reserved for my, PIS double G ER brothers and sisters. But if you look around these forums even they know West ain’t no slouch this year. This leaves you in a special category that is mostly reserved for people from Christ School and Biden voters.

Bro, them falcons are pretty fast in some spots. The RB is quick, “Mr. Leading returning WR in NC” ain’t slow. Pretty sure one of the other receivers won the 100m state hurdles in track. And the Defence runs through, past, or over people like shit through a goose, to steal a Patton quote. They might not be Reynolds but they damn sure ain’t slow. Comments of this level of intelligence are usually reserved for my, PIS double G ER brothers and sisters. But if you look around these forums even they know West ain’t no slouch this year. This leaves you in a special category that is mostly reserved for people from Christ School and Biden voters.
You do bring up a good point. West will likely have the fastest guy on the field no matter who they play with the WR who won the 3A state title in 100m hurdles. But yea west is slow according to Mr. Toeriver.

Done you say? Like last year with West Rowan or North Davidson? Look, if you don’t know anything about West then just say so.
I know lot about west ,they have solid team, they are not close to being elite 3 a team like Kings mtn crest or acr. They are the dominant team in the very weak mtn 7 , probably worst 3a league in NC.

They are the dominant team in the very weak mtn 7 , probably worst 3a league in NC.
I'm trying to take you serious but you're making it hard. Is the M7 dominant? No. The worst in the state? Not even close.

Tell me 3 a league worst then mtn 7?
Pick a conference out East. 3A Central sucked. Coastal 3A wasn't much better. Look at the split conferences. There's plenty out there far worse than playing West Henderson, Tuscola, Smoky, Franklin year in and year out.

Last edited:
Reactions: VeerAndShoot
I know lot about west ,they have solid team, they are not close to being elite 3 a team like Kings mtn crest or acr. They are the dominant team in the very weak mtn 7 , probably worst 3a league in NC.
Tell us, just how do you figure KM is elite? When's the last time they made it to the 3rd 4th round of the playoffs. Turf monster must have tripped up all those elite fast athletes last season huh. KM rides the coat tails of Shelby and Crest.

Tell us, just how do you figure KM is elite? When's the last time they made it to the 3rd 4th round of the playoffs. Turf monster must have tripped up all those elite fast athletes last season huh. KM rides the coat tails of Shelby and Crest.
Oh my…..this thread is getting ready to be taken over, Cleveland County INCOMING!!!

Kings Mountain has made either the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs every year from 2017 until now with the exception of the Covid year. You ride deez nutz Build-a-Bear…

I know lot about west ,they have solid team, they are not close to being elite 3 a team like Kings mtn

Pepperidge farm remembers.

ezgif-5-f69a9d8595.png

Pepperidge farm remembers.

ezgif-5-f69a9d8595.png
You went all the way back to 2014 and found a KM team that had five losses that year as an example of how good you are? Hilarious. Them insecurities showing big time. Just know that if WH end up losing a game or two you are going to have to come out of dem hills and play one of the flat land teams…

Not sure how this thread ended up how it is or did I miss someone saying or implying that West Henderson is an Elite 3A team..???
Come on guys….. you know West is a volleyball school right??
Or maybe baseball…?? 🤣

You went all the way back to 2014 and found a KM team that had five losses that year as an example of how good you are? Hilarious. Them insecurities showing big time. Just know that if WH end up losing a game or two you are going to have to come out of dem hills and play one of the flat land teams…
Don't let toeriver's debate get your underwear in a wad, my post was meant as a joke hence the caption. He brought up KM, not me. You whooped West's butt not long after that if I remember correctly. I can assure you there is nothing but respect for KM and all of Cleveland County football here in the mtns.

Last edited:
Kings Mountain has made either the 3rd or 4th round of the playoffs every year from 2017 until now with the exception of the Covid year. You ride deez nutz Build-a-Bear…
Build a bear for the WIN!!! You sir have won the internet today!! LOL love it!!

Reactions: THSFAN81
Yeah I can’t hop on board with KM being overrated or anyone in Cleveland county being overrated for that matter. Really almost unbelievable to me that much talent is in one county. All those teams play killer schedules (mostly against each other) and someone in that county is at the bare minimum making a state championship game appearance yearly. Sometimes multiple teams in multiple divisions. High school capital of the state in my opinion. Somebody may have had a few too many tonight.

Reactions: crestrulz
@KingJordon704 Read this thread 😅
New best friends in trolling I see, Dumb and Dumbest…What are you butt buddies?

One is a Havelock fan who changes his poster name after everyone tires of his shenanigans with whatever current name he uses and is still upset that Crest choked Havelock out in a state title game. Also Shelby has slapped Havelock in a title game before so he hates everything Cleveland County. The other is an undercover Dudley fan who perpetuates as a NC high school football guru because he visits two counties and thinks he knows ALL high school football nationally. He will frequently tell you he only watches mostly NC 4A teams though. Guy rode with Dudley the who year last year and let us know at every turn that no other 3A team has a shot against Dudley. Pretty much told South Point fans that they shouldn’t show up last year in the playoffs. SP dang near scored a hundred points and the self professed “I don’t have a dawg in the fight and disappeared of these boards for weeks smh. Both are clowns but because Queen J is kinda slow I usually pretty much just ignore his slobbering on the boards. It takes both of them to carry my jock strap.

Last edited:
New best friends in trolling I see, Dumb and Dumbest…What are you butt buddies?

One is a Havelock fan who changes his poster name after everyone tires of his shenanigans with whatever current name he uses and is still upset that Crest choked Havelock out in a state title game. Also Shelby has slapped Havelock in a title game before so he hates everything Cleveland County. The other is an undercover Dudley fan who perpetuates as a NC high school football guru because he visits two counties and thinks he knows ALL high school football nationally. He will frequently tell you he only watches mostly NC 4A teams though. Guy rode with Dudley the who year last year and let us know at every turn that no other 3A team has a shot against Dudley. Pretty much told South Point fans that they shouldn’t show up last year in the playoffs. SP dang near scored a hundred points and the self professed “I don’t have a dawg in the fight and disappeared of these boards for weeks smh. Both are clowns but because Queen J is kinda slow I usually pretty much just ignore his slobbering on the boards. It takes both of them to carry my jock strap.
You’re always bothered by what we do and say though. Can’t talk football and always resort to taking personal shots because I mean we all know KM will yet again be at home no later than thanksgiving. I didn’t mention you in anything I said above and yet you went on another one of your useless rants as if you know me personally and don’t clearly, so If anybody’s a clown it’s you.

Last edited:
You’re always bothered by what we do and say though. Can’t talk football and always resort to taking personal shots because I mean we all know KM will yet again be at home no later than thanksgiving. I didn’t mention you in anything I said above and yet you went on another one of your useless rants as if you know me personally and don’t clearly, so If anybody’s a clown it’s you.
My ventriloquist skills are superb by the way.

*I only take personal shots at 1.5% of the posters here with reason. You and the Queen just happen to be in that 1.5% right now. I got to own that one.

Last edited:
My ventriloquist skills are superb by the way.

*I only take personal shots at 1.5% of the posters here with reason. You and the Queen just happen to be in that 1.5% right now. I got to own that one.
👍

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT