ADVERTISEMENT

ac reynolds vs sun valley

one thing ill say about the game tonite is WOW! if you were at the game sun valley played really good in the first half.we didnt play that bad. we just had an overdose of bad penalties . we were lucky to only be down 19 to 10 at the half. however in the second half we came out blazing and sun valley looked a step slow. late in the game we wore their defense down and drove the length of the field mainly running our qb right up the gut and they couldnt stop us.our ability to kick extra points and field goals were huge in this game.they were big and strong and fast. it was a great game to watch. their qb was terrific and hes got a cannon no doubt. defense wins championships rite? acr held sun valley to 6 points in the second half.our defense stood up tonite when it counted.our coaches made a great adjustment in th second half too. double teaming their best receiver number 5 . he killed us in the first half. second half was a different story. tonites victory is a testament to the acr coaching staff i believe. with all the starters we have lost to injury this year it seems weve had a replacement come in and not miss a beat.congrats to every player and coach wearing green tonite.
Ditto!

Congrats to the Rockets, and good luck in the championship against Hanover!

Have watched the Rockets the last two weeks, and last night was a tale of two different halves of football...

The first half, Howell and the Spartans were the better team and #12 was hard to bring down as was Howell as both those guys ran hard...Howell also made some nice throws, and has a very strong arm...

The 2nd half, Flynn was the MAN for the Rockets, and was the difference in the outcome with a couple of big runs and then that last drive where he carried the mail behind that big Rocket OL, and it seemed that there was nothing that a tired Spartan defense could do to stop him...Was a bit puzzled that the Spartan Coaches didn't call a time out to give their guys a break in the final 2 minutes, but guess they thought that the defense would get their offense the ball back, but that never happened, and the Rockets got several first downs in a row, and ran out the clock at the end...

The kicking game is always important in every game, and it was a factor last night as the Spartans had two extra points blocked, and the Rockets' kicker made all his extra points as well as kicking a couple FGs with one of those being the eventual game winner....

Thought that long run after a great pass from Flynn to start the 3rd quarter gave the Rockets' a big boost in the 2nd half, and the Rocket Coaches made some adjustments that basically shutdown the Spartans rushing attack, while also putting more pressure on Howell who is a stud running and throwing the football if given time to throw which was limited in the 2nd half by the Rockets' defense...

Great game to watch...

Again, good luck to the Rockets in the state title game next week!

Great game to watch. Both teams had numerous silly penalties. Reynolds had two personal fouls and an unsportsmanlike conduct just in the first quarter. They definitely create unnecessary adversity for themselves, but they find a way to overcome it. I agree about #88 for Sun Valley; he should have been more involved in the game. Who wants to tackle that kid? A huge play in the game was the bad spot Sun Valley got on the 4th down play. The receiver had the first down by two feet and the official marked the ball where he was pulled back to by the DB. Terrible spot. Then the same official immediately pointed in the other direction that it was ACR's ball, without even having a measurement. It's not his call; the white hat makes that call. Turns out it was about an inch short. Should have been first down at the 17 for SV. Glad ACR won as they were better team in second half. Fun to watch two quality QB's.

First of all, Hats off to Sun Valley! You played a great game, it was a shame either team had to loose. No offense to Shelby, who beat us but you are the best team we have played this year. class program and you keep getting a little closer, that is how you do it. You will get there and win a State Championship.

What a game! I have to say one of the 10 best I have ever seen and I have been watching my Rockets for 37 years. The first half Reynolds just couldn't quite stop Sun Valley, we had them stopped on the goal line, but had 12 players on the field. Then it looked like we had them stopped again on 4th down and the qb just pushed everyone for the first down, he is the real deal. Several times we had them 3rd and long and he completed the pass for the first down. Our adjustments at halftime were brilliant, and I tip my hat to our coaching staff! In the second half we were able to get off the field when we got Sun Valley in a whole. I also think they wore down some and as much of a best as the Sun Valley QB is I think all the hits he took, took a toll on him. What a great finish.

Side note, Sun Valley scored 4 tds for 25 points, Reynolds scored 3 tds for 22 points and kicked the 2 fgs. I really felt like missed xp's the last 2 years killed us against Weddington, and they KILLED Sun Valley tonight. Granted they were blocked not missed, but same out come. Those extra points are critical.

Congratulations Reynolds, we still have to win one more! Lets go next week and go 1-0.

listened to the broadcast, great game. SV came out and threw some hay makers early. was thinking they got this one. but ACR maintained their poise down the stretch. that had to feel good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT