ADVERTISEMENT

Reagan @ East Forsyth

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
Reagan rolls into East Forsyth playing the toughest schedule in this state, now they're trying NOT to go 0-4. I see some progress with the Reagan defense despite the losses. East Forsyth is coming off a single digit win and looking to get the offense untracked after a pedestrian 2nd half vs AC Reynolds. This game could be closer than many think...then again, East might blowout Reagan.

I still haven't seen enough from East with that schedule to get a good read on them yet.

East Forsyth 38 Reagan 21

Reagan played the toughest schedule in the state? Did I read that correctly?
Yes, that was word specific that they have played the toughest schedule according to SIMMONS NC rankings. Technically they are 2nd to Mallard Creek but Mallard‘s was boosted by an out of state school.

Last edited:
Marvin Ridge was .500 last year.
Mooresville is a good 2nd rd playoff team.
Then they played Grimsley. I don't care what any ranking says that's not the toughest. They have 2 tough teams back to back with a bye in-between to prepare for East.

Yes, that was word specific that they have played the toughest schedule according to SIMMONS NC rankings. Technically they are 2nd to Mallard Creek but Mallard‘s was boosted by an out of state school.
Somebody may need to adjust the schedule ranking system.

I've been to 3 out 4 R games. It's been a decent schedule. A lot of teams in conferences around Charlotte have tougher schedules due to the conference schedule alone.

Regardless, the schedule ranking will change after the games against teams after the loss to EF start. Six games left at that point with 5 being toss ups against middling or less teams and a probable loss to MT. The schedule ranking will fall like a brick after playing the back half of the schedule.

R will be hard pressed to finish 5 and 5 this year.

Richmond County and Mallard Creek said "hold my beer" on the toughest schedule statement. Thinking the only state Reagan has played the toughest schedule in would be the state of confusion.

Mallard Creek had Buford, Gaffney and Independence, the “worst team” would be Independence.

Butler had Rolesville, Richmond County, Langston Hughes and Weddington. Richmond County be uncharacteristically winless but we didn’t know that at the time.

Hough played Dutch Fork and Byrnes.

There are other teams who played some tough nonconference schedules

R 21 E 19 at the half

My take (probably wrong).

E has been susceptible to the long sideline pass.

Two of E's scoring drives were aided by more than a few R penalties.

Baker is smooth.

E has not looked impressive. R has looked good on offense. D for R is penalty prone.

Same score after 3.

Lots of penalties on E Offense and even more on R Defense

Refs are struggling.

E with a pickoff on a long pass to the 20.

R's offense looked good in the 1st half. Struggled in the 2nd. Probably because E's D played better.

R's D has no discipline. Way too many 15 yard penalties.

E's o-line needs to work on holding issues.

I thought R would be an easy W for Tabor and a toss up with WF. Should probably reverse that now

West Forsyth has something for East Forsyth as they are absolutely hammering MT Tabor 40-14 with 11min left. West is back!
West beat Tabor. Tabor's offense is 1 player and that is Peterkin. If you can stop him you beat Tabor by a lot. West still doesn't have a pass game so when they go up against someone who can expose that they are going to get beat

West beat Tabor. Tabor's offense is 1 player and that is Peterkin. If you can stop him you beat Tabor by a lot. West still doesn't have a pass game so when they go up against someone who can expose that they are going to get beat
So putting 8/9 in the box and stopping the Run will expose West,…ok, we will see! West defense is pretty stout too and don't sleep on QB Burt Rice who has gotten better as a passer.

Statistically, East Offense NOT nearly as potent as the past few years and the same goes for their defense. Last two games, single digit wins...Last year, they blasted everyone by double digits until they met up with Hough in a 17-7 loss.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT