ADVERTISEMENT

ac reynolds vs sun valley

rocketfan73

Nov 30, 2014
ok lets gat it started its a 12 seed coming into a 2 seeds home field. what kind of offense does sun valley run? who were their 3 losses against?our one loss was to shelby

That QB for Sun Valley isn't a 12 seed. He is a D-1 kid with about 10 offers.
He has more than 10 offers. He is getting offers from everyone.
If ACR plays defense like they did vs South Iredell I'd like their chances in this game, especially being at home.
With that said Howell is a different animal from Pope, way better in my opinion. The OL for Sun Valley is experienced and big and they have a TE #88 who is a matchup nightmare for teams, but isn't their top receiver.

yea i think the seedings were really messed up this year too.why do you think reynolds is over rated mr bud? i think this is going to be a really good game. does sun valley throw most of the time or are they a running team? someone please enlighten me. go green

Sun valley plays in a brutal conf..losses were to Catholic weddington and Marvin ridge..should be very good ball game

yes i agree should be a great game. id also agree they had sum hard games in their conference. were their losses at home or on the road?

yes i agree should be a great game. id also agree they had sum hard games in their conference. were their losses at home or on the road?
SV lost to Weddington on the road , SV QB did not play second half due to injury to shoulder, lost going for the win on a 2 pt conversion( also Kicker went out for season with injury in the first half) with no time on clock remaining.
SV lost to Charlotte Catholic at home, but only trailed by 7 with 58 seconds.
SV lost to a 10-0 Marvin ridge team at home 28-20. But beat a MR 10-1 team first round on road 45-35

Sun Valley will be tough, the last 2 weeks we heard we were facing a monster qb, and we did face good qbs. This one will be the best we face. Sun Valley is well coached and wont beat themselves. They will be better offensively than any one we have faced since Shelby. They are one of the few teams in the history of North Carolina playoffs to blow us out, beating us pretty bad in 2011. Having said that there defense wont be as good as what we faced the last 2 weeks. There is no reason to think this game will be a blow out either way. I thought as early as week 2 in the playoffs this would be the 4th round matchup. Reynolds is home and has never lost in the 4th round of the playoffs. If we play good ball and don't turn it over a bunch of times I think we win by a td, either 28-21 or 21-14. This is a very good, battle tested team and we have to play good to win. Go Big Green. FYI 4th meeting between these two programs with each blowing the other out once and Reynolds winning one close one for a 2-1 series lead, all in the playoffs.

Sun Valley will be tough, the last 2 weeks we heard we were facing a monster qb, and we did face good qbs. This one will be the best we face. Sun Valley is well coached and wont beat themselves. They will be better offensively than any one we have faced since Shelby. They are one of the few teams in the history of North Carolina playoffs to blow us out, beating us pretty bad in 2011. Having said that there defense wont be as good as what we faced the last 2 weeks. There is no reason to think this game will be a blow out either way. I thought as early as week 2 in the playoffs this would be the 4th round matchup. Reynolds is home and has never lost in the 4th round of the playoffs. If we play good ball and don't turn it over a bunch of times I think we win by a td, either 28-21 or 21-14. This is a very good, battle tested team and we have to play good to win. Go Big Green. FYI 4th meeting between these two programs with each blowing the other out once and Reynolds winning one close one for a 2-1 series lead, all in the playoffs.
I agree with all of the above but the score GOBIGGREEN2005, lol im thinking another upset with SV 28-21 or 21-14 haha jk, really I thought if SV keep rolling they would play ACR. Good luck to both teams in a Final Friday Night Game this year, Under the lights at Rocket Stadium.

in 2011 acr was down to a line backer playing qb

I have read so many threads that have sv in comparison to Brady and the patriots. I know they are good, but so was s Iredell. Pope is one of the best we had seen and we almost shut him down and 7 sacks. I can assure the haters that AC will be ready to put this game in their favor quickly. Our secondary has improved and the 10000 plus passing qb at s iredell had no success. Defense will win this for AC 21-7. A lot of people will be shocked on their ride back home just how good AC is this year and how strong they are for all 4 quarters. I pray for a injury free game but AC 100% will win it all this year.

i dont think its going to be a real high scoring game either. defense wins championships. 2 really good teams and 2 really good qbs pretty well even things up. the best defense will win this game. ac reynolds 28 sun valley 17. go green

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Congrats to ACR. Best coaching staff in the state. But up 9 having Sam Howell. No way you lose this game. He’s one of the best QBs I’ve seen at high school level

You'd be hard pressed to find a better coaching staff in nc than Reynolds. It's unreal how they find ways to win these close games in late November and December.

Congrats to Reynolds. But I take exception to this statement, they are a few coaching staffs in WNC that can win at their level with the talent they have on the field. not belittling their accomplishments as they have got it done. You would think at some point the Coaching staff would instill some discipline in that team. I listen to Coach Laws radio interviews and he never says anything about how stupid their penalties are. I have watched three of their games this year. I haven't seen a more stupid display of dumb penalties in my life. Offsides, illegal motion, personal fouls, dead ball fouls, etc. I remember going to watch the late great Coach Scott Young's teams at West Rowan. Excellent athletes with virtually no penalties. It was like watching academy football. That Reynold's team has the discipline of Charlie Sheen. Like I said, I hope they win it all, but they sure make it harder than it should be. The easiest thing in sports is not to talk smack and/or make stupid penalties. They win that game by three touchdowns if they stop their stupid penalties. Obviously, the coaching staff cares nothing about mistakes. It is correctable, ask Belichick, Saban and Bobby Knight. That is part of coaching too. That was a hell of game. It also could have been over at halftime. Like I said not dishing on the program, but limiting penalties is mostly correctable if you are a hard ass disciplinarian. JMO. Go Rockets, and good luck next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOBIGGREEN2005
Congrats to Reynolds. But I take exception to this statement, they are about 10 coaches in WNC that can win at their level with the talent they have on the field. You would think at some point the Coaching staff would instill some discipline in that team. I listen to Coach Laws radio interviews and he never says anything about how stupid their penalties are. I have watched three of their games this year. I haven't seen a more stupid display of dumb penalties in my life. Offsides, illegal motion, personal fouls, dead ball fouls, etc. I remember going to watch the late great Coach Scott Young's teams at West Rowan. Excellent athletes with virtually no penalties. It was like watching academy football. That Reynold's team has the discipline of Charlie Sheen. Like I said, I hope they win it all, but they sure make it harder than it should be. The easiest thing in sports is not to talk smack and/or make stupid penalties. They win that game by three touchdowns if they stop their stupid penalties. Obviously, the coaching staff cares nothing about mistakes. It is correctable, ask Belichick, Saban and Bobby Knight. That is part of coaching too. That was a hell of game. It also could have been over at halftime. Like I said not dishing on the program, but limiting penalties is mostly correctable if you are a hard ass disciplinarian. JMO. Go Rockets, and good luck next week.
Sun valley very likely had double or even triple the amount of penalty yards tonight than Reynolds did. Not saying Reynolds didn't have some dumb penalties but I bet sun valley was close to 200 yards in penalties. Even with an amazing qb, it's hard to have that many penalties and not be able to kick a pat and win.
Sun valley scored 4 touchdowns, ac Reynolds scored 4 touchdowns. Reynolds advances and sun valley goes home.

I've been seeing this for years with Reynolds, even before laws got there. If there is a close game in the playoffs, Reynolds will find a way to win it. Of the 48 mins of this game, Reynolds led about 4 mins of it. They just find ways to win these games.

Really they are the polar opposite of my Cougars. Asheville can find any way to lose to a team no matter the circumstances. Reynolds just hangs, hangs, hangs like tonight and then make that one extra play to win the game. It never fails.
You watch Reynolds play and they can be down the entire game and it's almost comical to know, "they have them right where they want them".
I mean no disrespect when i say this, but Reynolds doesn't have any "wow" factor to them. They just have 40+ guys who buy into their system, understand what their coaches want from and they are going to be in the right spots all game and bring it for 48 mins. After halftime it was clear as day that the Reynolds coaches made adjustments. Reynolds 2 opening drives of the second half resulted in touchdowns and neither drive was more than 3 plays.
I can't believe Sam Howell has another year left. If sun valley doesn't have a 60 yard td called back and a 60 yard td pass dropped the next play, who knows, maybe they are playing next week. But I stand by my statement, Shane laws and his staff are incredible.

Reactions: RealityRulz
They win I agree, but they would really win if that staff cranked down on undisciplined play, which is almost 100% preventable. I guess I am too old school, the first player that did that would run stadium steps for about 2 hours and do 100 push ups and 100 situps. It will stop it or they will quit. but I digress, not trying to take away from their victory. Anyone know why the coach for Sun Valley left those timeouts instead of stopping the clock at the end? That was the craziest thing I have seen in awhile.

BTW, that #44 for Reynolds is a man.

Last edited:
one thing ill say about the game tonite is WOW! if you were at the game sun valley played really good in the first half.we didnt play that bad. we just had an overdose of bad penalties . we were lucky to only be down 19 to 10 at the half. however in the second half we came out blazing and sun valley looked a step slow. late in the game we wore their defense down and drove the length of the field mainly running our qb right up the gut and they couldnt stop us.our ability to kick extra points and field goals were huge in this game.they were big and strong and fast. it was a great game to watch. their qb was terrific and hes got a cannon no doubt. defense wins championships rite? acr held sun valley to 6 points in the second half.our defense stood up tonite when it counted.our coaches made a great adjustment in th second half too. double teaming their best receiver number 5 . he killed us in the first half. second half was a different story. tonites victory is a testament to the acr coaching staff i believe. with all the starters we have lost to injury this year it seems weve had a replacement come in and not miss a beat.congrats to every player and coach wearing green tonite.

Has anyone ever seen a team stand up for the extra point block team before tonight? That was a first for me.

OK. First time on posting on this forum, so be gentle. LOL. I have to say that Sun Valley's QB is the real deal. Bear in mind, I'm a bit biased and hope Alex is in the same position next year.

I can't help but wonder why they didn't go to their huge tight end 88 more often...

Anyway, I'm so glad for my Rocket adjustments at the half and that Alex settled down and made the plays he needed to make.

Props to Howell and good luck in what will most certainly be a successful College career.

Go Rockets!

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT