ADVERTISEMENT

A lot to be excited for in Elizabeth City

If we as posters up here shouldn't post our thoughts on what we've seen so far then why have forums? People should stop being so sensitive. Forums are for discussion and expressing ones thoughts.

While you’re definitely right and people have a right to their opinion, they still need to be mindful that the players who they are talking about may see this and they have parents and families... and they’re still talking about kids. You have to be mindful in what you say!

Last edited:
Reactions: ath0023
Mercy goob. They jumping all over you. They certainly don't know everything either.

First off I better double check my spelling because even though I'm a college grad I may get called out on it. Dealing with them is kind of like trying to talk politics with a liberal. If you don't agree with their point of view on something then they want to attack you. Just because I'm concerned about our qb position doesn't mean that there's no hope. It's not the end all. Our defense really looked good and we do have Freshwater.

Reactions: Otis4411
First off I better double check my spelling because even though I'm a college grad I may get called out on it. Dealing with them is kind of like trying to talk politics with a liberal. If you don't agree with their point of view on something then they want to attack you. Just because I'm concerned about our qb position doesn't mean that there's no hope. It's not the end all. Our defense really looked good and we do have Freshwater.

Looking like you guy's grow parents young in Elizabeth City.

Reactions: daagoob
Our QB will be just fine. Wait and see. It’s kind of stupid to jump and draw conclusions on his talent based off of a scrimmage. But like I said before, he will be just fine. And secondly, you’re bringing politics into football? Lol, that has nothing to do with anything. So to me, dealing with you is kind of like trying to talk about anything with a conservative...

He didn't bring politics into football. He was comparing some of the commenters here to being like liberals. Most people would understand what he meant. I did.

Did you really just bring politics into this conversation? Wow! They definitely means you’re reaching and makes you look sillier. Sorry but sometimes lack of spelling and grammar skills makes someone’s argument less effective so I was trying to help you out, but you got offended and tried to insult someone by bringing politics into the conversation...typical.

First off I better double check my spelling because even though I'm a college grad I may get called out on it. Dealing with them is kind of like trying to talk politics with a liberal. If you don't agree with their point of view on something then they want to attack you. Just because I'm concerned about our qb position doesn't mean that there's no hope. It's not the end all. Our defense really looked good and we do have Freshwater.[/QUOTE

He didn't bring politics into football. He was comparing some of the commenters here to being like liberals. Most people would understand what he meant. I did.
I understood what he meant clear as day. And it was quite ignorant. Shows a lot about his character. I can compare some of the commenters up here to a whole lot of insulting things but I’m smart enough to know that may spark another argument.

Reactions: eglfan
That’s still bringing politics into the conversation since being a “liberal” is a term usually used to describe democrats which is a political affiliation, right? I understand perfectly what he meant....

Please explain. The only person trying to throw insults is daagoob.

You were the first one throwing insults in this thread. Where were you last year? daagoob was mostly by himself here last year. Never had any trouble with anyone. His take the blinders off comment is not a personal insult but a suggestion in his view. Your internet commentator and poolroom commentator is an insult. You turned this into a back and forth with him with that comment. You don't have to agree but tgere is no need to come here and be a dick then act innocent. A lot of guys here respect daagoob. He earned it.

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
You were the first one throwing insults in this thread. Where were you last year? daagoob was mostly by himself here last year. Never had any trouble with anyone. His take the blinders off comment is not a personal insult but a suggestion in his view. Your internet commentator and poolroom commentator is an insult. You turned this into a back and forth with him with that comment. You don't have to agree but tgere is no need to come here and be a dick then act innocent. A lot of guys here respect daagoob. He earned it.
Goob loves his team,and represents well. He would be a great Bulldog

That’s still bringing politics into the conversation since being a “liberal” is a term usually used to describe democrats which is a political affiliation, right? I understand perfectly what he meant....

You want to insult someone but get offended when they bite back. That also sounds like a lib.

You want to insult someone but get offended when they bite back. That also sounds like a lib.

Oh so you’re just as ignorant as your friend. I can get into politics with you but I won’t because this isn’t the forum for it.

Goob is willing to put money on his team. I think he has a good feel of team. It's an educated opinion,just like yours. Show some love

I was actually on the board last year, thanks for asking. I saw all the comments people made including the one about someone saying they hope a team ties our boys up and drags them through town. No I didn’t comment then but now I am because it seems like people who are “fans” are talking worse than other people. Yes I made comments but so did he. He telling me I’m making myself look foolish when I’m speaking behind actual coaches wasn’t called for either. Yes I’m emotional because I am invested in this team while others act as they are. Those boys and coaches do read these comments so how do you think kids feel when they see adults saying some of the things y’all say? I’m deleting my acct and getting off this board because it’s really going nowhere and has gotten out of hand. Just know that the NHS Eagles will be fine! Happy commentating!

I was actually on the board last year, thanks for asking. I saw all the comments people made including the one about someone saying they hope a team ties our boys up and drags them through town. No I didn’t comment then but now I am because it seems like people who are “fans” are talking worse than other people. Yes I made comments but so did he. He telling me I’m making myself look foolish when I’m speaking behind actual coaches wasn’t called for either. Yes I’m emotional because I am invested in this team while others act as they are. Those boys and coaches do read these comments so how do you think kids feel when they see adults saying some of the things y’all say? I’m deleting my acct and getting off this board because it’s really going nowhere and has gotten out of hand. Just know that the NHS Eagles will be fine! Happy commentating!
Let's all talk football,don't take personal. I would have been gone years ago. Free yourself!

Wow them fellas in Northeastern are sensitive. Northeastern might be the most over rated team in 2A. One good year last year and couldn't reach the ship. Daagoob was the only supported last year and told it straight how it was. Def take the blinders off. JR Walker left when he saw what this team.was looking like in the summer. Freshwater should have as well. Northeastern back to their ways of winning the weak conference and hyping up to lose when the big game comes up. Nothing different this year. Please sign off eglfan before you start crying more. This is a forum where men talk about football

Thanks for the support guys. I can't wait for the playoffs so hopefully I can see some of my friends from WRH,West Craven,and Clinton. You guys all know me and how passionate I am about Northeastern. I know we have more talent than most 2a schools so hopefully that will help us make some noise come playoff time. SWO O5 thanks for standing up for me even though you hate Northeastern. You just better hope some our posters don't see your comments over on carolinapreps. They will forget all about me,lol.Even though I don't agree with your comments there was some truth in them. We didn't choose our conference so we just have to make the best of it. I will not be going to the DH Conley game Friday night but my buddy JamesDavis will keep me posted. I will be at the Hertford County vs Gates County game. My daughters boy friend plays tight end for Gates so I want to go check them out along with Hertford County.

Reactions: Swo_05 and dogs79
Wow them fellas in Northeastern are sensitive. Northeastern might be the most over rated team in 2A. One good year last year and couldn't reach the ship. Daagoob was the only supported last year and told it straight how it was. Def take the blinders off. JR Walker left when he saw what this team.was looking like in the summer. Freshwater should have as well. Northeastern back to their ways of winning the weak conference and hyping up to lose when the big game comes up. Nothing different this year. Please sign off eglfan before you start crying more. This is a forum where men talk about football

Again, another incorrect post. JR decided to leave before they even started practicing...in fact it was way back in the spring. You guys are funny lol.

On a side note 1a Gates County upsets Hertford County 21-20!!!! What a catch Kaleb Logan, game ball goes to you!!!! So glad I went to that game, what an ending.

Northeastern looked good ? Big plays still the calling for Northeastern?

SWO 05, not sure how we looked I was at Gates County to watch my daughters boy friend play
James Davis was there so he can give you an accurate accesment. I'm curious about our qb play and if the Nansemond River transfer played.

Reactions: Swo_05
NHS looked good! Started off slow and was down 13-0 first quarter but they fought hard and won! Game was tied 34-34 with less than 2 minutes left and the qb ran an 83 yard TD! All the critics about that boy should be kinda quiet after tonight! He played his heart out! He also threw some good passes but the receivers dropped a couple. 96.7 named the qb the player of the game. Freshwater had a good night of course. The team really pulled together when I counted. It’s the first game of the season so they have things to work on like every team.

Reactions: ath0023 and Swo_05
SWO 05, not sure how we looked I was at Gates County to watch my daughters boy friend play
James Davis was there so he can give you an accurate accesment. I'm curious about our qb play and if the Nansemond River transfer played.

From being at the game I must say I was surprised at how NHS looked after reading the post of how bad they were and how they probably wouldn’t win the conference. I really believed it in the first 3 minutes of the game bc they stunk. But then they had 28 unanswered points. They fumbled 4 times in the redzone, one being in the end zone. Game should have been ugly. Racked up almost 700 yards of offense. Got work to do as every team does after the first game but I think they will be a pretty good team. Glad the QB had a good game!

Reactions: Swo_05 and eglfan
The field was wet that hurt northeastern or it could have been a blowout because they couldn't hold on to the ball they should win 10 games this year

Schedule is relatively easy from here out with exception of the road game against Northern Nash. Edenton always plays us tough but I think we get the win in that one.

Schedule is relatively easy from here out with exception of the road game against Northern Nash. Edenton always plays us tough but I think we get the win in that one.

Earlier in the post you said nhs wouldn’t win the conference

Reactions: eglfan
Please don't twist what I said, here are my own words. We are both Northeastern fans so we should try and get along best we can on this thread even though we sometimes may see things differently.

They looked good! Probably almost 700 yrds of offense 600+ on the ground! How did you guys look?

SWO looked decent. Just over matched by a good JHS team. We will win conference and make a run. But no where near old SWO teams that's for sure

Reactions: TD08 and daagoob
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT